Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers taking trade calls about RB Williams, WR Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HighPointNCKid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schulman116 wrote:
Sir_Purrr wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
schulman116 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
I will be leaving with Smith.

me too

That's fine, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out...

If you're a fan of a player that's fine. To me, I'm a fan of the team and I want the team to win and if trading Smitty will make the team a future winner then I'm all for it. This is the first chance for a major overhaul of this roster of this team since 2002. It's time to get it right and everybody, EVERYBODY should be expendable.

If anyone in this forum thinks getting rid of Smitty & DeAngelo is gonna help our team, you're out of your damn mind. Getting 5th/6th rounders for those 2 is an absolute joke. Thats their value to other teams guys. Al Davis is dead....nobody's giving us high picks for under-performing players....when they know we will just cut them loose in the offseason because of their high contacts.
I'd honestly be shocked if we move Steve. We need to have a sense of loyalty for two main players that helped resurrect this franchise from the joke 1-15 season. (Yes I know D came in a lil later but still get my point) Steve & DeAngelo are still elite talents....our coaching staff is pathetic. Our OL (with current injuries) is pathetic. Our franchise leader at QB... his talent is great....his leadership/attitude is pathetic. Nakumara's coverage is pathetic. Thats the stuff that needs to be fixed.

Not getting rid of 2 panther legends that have done nothing but come to work everyday...being good teammates & working their butt off. These to should be the professional standards....not the scapegoats. Yes I've cared about this team just as long as the rest of you. I've been a PSL owner for 11 years. I loved John Fox. I hated hiring an inexperienced Ron Rivera. <He's clearly in way over his head. Jerry, man up an admit the mistake instead of letting it drag on...(ie...Delhomme$$$/Clausen/Armanti/DJarrett/ignoring the DT position for years!!!)......at seasons end... ax Ron & company.......I just want to see us honor our vets, make them apart of the future growth....not show them the door because the rest of the team wasn't good enough. Real teams rarely rebuild....they reload...and refocus their strategy....something we just don't understand.

A problem this franchise continues to have is pushing blame on to the wrong people. This chatter is a perfect example.

I like this post and agree with all of it, especially the ignoring the DT position for YEARS! It enrages me that we did this. I loved Kris Jenkins and his health issues aside, he commanded attention and took on double teams consistently and beat them. We need someone in front of our stud LB corps, we need another WR for the future, no rush, if Gettis comes back healthy. I suffer every Sunday right along with all of you. I do NOT understand the coaching in the Bears game on that last drive, playing 9-10 yards off of the WR with a clean release off the LOS is STUPID and INEXCUSABLE!!!! Someone should stand up and take accountability for this. I said it and have been saying it for the last few years. This franchise wont be around in 5 years if we keep this up. The saving grace right now is that we do have a superstar in Cam, he saved this franchise, at least for now.
Moody

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BringinDaPain wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3611/deangelo-williams

DWill to Denver??

This is pretty much the only place I could see him going.

The thing about DeAngelo is that he's awful as a pass protector and receiver which is how pretty much any contender looking for a back is going to need (GB, NE, Denver).

Is it worth trading him for what would be a really low pick? If he's not going to play, is there really a point in him being here? They'll have to pay some money regardless.

If he does leave, that means the Panthers only have one real threat to go the distance. I'm not going to consider Gettis part of the offense until he's actually been a part of this offense. The season's struggles are in large part due to red zone inefficiency and lack of big plays.
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno if this has been posted but i saw on nfln that the panthers r rejecting any trade offers for smitty. soooo yayyyy!

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith is the greatest panther of all time. I would puke if we lost him.
atown703

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
Smith is the greatest panther of all time. I would puke if we lost him.
I would def have to agree.. he deserves to be in a Panthers jersey until he calls it quits

PSN id - Kemikalmbalinsce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: