Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers taking trade calls about RB Williams, WR Smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let the soon to be ex-HC make long term personnel decisions!
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JR would never let RR trade/cut Smitty without asking him. In other words it would be the Top Cat or a new GM making the call not RR.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year

Last edited by BringinDaPain on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
tbrown2699

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schulman116 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:
I will be leaving with Smith.

me too

That's fine, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out...
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think Smith is going to leave. This offense really needs him. They don't have anyone with speed to finish plays without him.

I can understand the frustration. Just keep looking to the future. If they bring in a coach that can give them the extra nudge, they'll be in the playoff hunt.
Smitty89

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith is not getting traded period. I was at the game today and got him to sign my jersey and got a pic with him before warm ups. I asked him about any trade rumors and he said "kid I'm going to retire a Panther. Once I signed my name on that dotted line I'm a Panther for life. My family means more to me than football and were happy down here."

That guy is probably just talking out of his [inappropriate/removed]
Sir_Purrr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrown2699 wrote:
schulman116 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:

me too

If you're a fan of a player that's fine. To me, I'm a fan of the team and I want the team to win and if trading Smitty will make the team a future winner then I'm all for it. This is the first chance for a major overhaul of this roster of this team since 2002. It's time to get it right and everybody, EVERYBODY should be expendable.
bigboi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deangelo Williams for Dwayne Bowe. Make it happen. Chiefs go back to the two back system and Panthers get a WR for Cam. Another trade to consider is DWill for Mike Wallace or DJax.
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigboi wrote:
Deangelo Williams for Dwayne Bowe. Make it happen. Chiefs go back to the two back system and Panthers get a WR for Cam. Another trade to consider is DWill for Mike Wallace or DJax.

DWill doesn't hold that kind of value. RBs are like cars, their value decreases as soon as they see a lot of time on the field. The guys you mentioned, have 1st and 2nd round grades, while DWill is a late 3rd at best, probably somewhere more along the lines of a 4th.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
bigboi wrote:

DWill doesn't hold that kind of value. RBs are like cars, their value decreases as soon as they see a lot of time on the field. The guys you mentioned, have 1st and 2nd round grades, while DWill is a late 3rd at best, probably somewhere more along the lines of a 4th.

The Chiefs already have a two back system with Jamaal Charles and Peyton Hillis whom they picked up in FA this past year. So I doubt they want another RB now.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
rjkilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trade everyone. none of them are players that can win us games so why the attachment to them? [removed] blow up the whole roster and move to LA in the night and i wouldn't lose sleep over it

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
trade everyone. none of them are players that can win us games so why the attachment to them? [inappropriate/removed] blow up the whole roster and move to LA in the night and i wouldn't lose sleep over it

RJ has officially reached his limit! Laughing

CK on the sig
AJ23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
trade everyone. none of them are players that can win us games so why the attachment to them? [inappropriate/removed] blow up the whole roster and move to LA in the night and i wouldn't lose sleep over it
Honestly that's what it's likely to turn into. With the local media blindly following the national media with their over-the-top criticism of the team (and especially Cam), no real superstars will ever come here of their own volition (Carolina got Cam because they drafted him). (I understand he's not a superstar yet, but he has more potential to be one than any player I remember coming into the league.)

This franchise will continue to flounder as a result, they will not attract any real good coaches as a result, and it will eventually move to another city. Although I realize the circumstances are different, Charlotte Hornets 2.0 anyone?

Mark my words on that one (and trust me, I hope I don't look like a genius with this call).
schulman116

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir_Purrr wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
schulman116 wrote:
CarolinaRoar wrote:

me too

If you're a fan of a player that's fine. To me, I'm a fan of the team and I want the team to win and if trading Smitty will make the team a future winner then I'm all for it. This is the first chance for a major overhaul of this roster of this team since 2002. It's time to get it right and everybody, EVERYBODY should be expendable.

If anyone in this forum thinks getting rid of Smitty & DeAngelo is gonna help our team, you're out of your damn mind. Getting 5th/6th rounders for those 2 is an absolute joke. Thats their value to other teams guys. Al Davis is dead....nobody's giving us high picks for under-performing players....when they know we will just cut them loose in the offseason because of their high contacts.
I'd honestly be shocked if we move Steve. We need to have a sense of loyalty for two main players that helped resurrect this franchise from the joke 1-15 season. (Yes I know D came in a lil later but still get my point) Steve & DeAngelo are still elite talents....our coaching staff is pathetic. Our OL (with current injuries) is pathetic. Our franchise leader at QB... his talent is great....his leadership/attitude is pathetic. Nakumara's coverage is pathetic. Thats the stuff that needs to be fixed.

Not getting rid of 2 panther legends that have done nothing but come to work everyday...being good teammates & working their butt off. These to should be the professional standards....not the scapegoats. Yes I've cared about this team just as long as the rest of you. I've been a PSL owner for 11 years. I loved John Fox. I hated hiring an inexperienced Ron Rivera. <He's clearly in way over his head. Jerry, man up an admit the mistake instead of letting it drag on...(ie...Delhomme$$$/Clausen/Armanti/DJarrett/ignoring the DT position for years!!!)......at seasons end... ax Ron & company.......I just want to see us honor our vets, make them apart of the future growth....not show them the door because the rest of the team wasn't good enough. Real teams rarely rebuild....they reload...and refocus their strategy....something we just don't understand.

A problem this franchise continues to have is pushing blame on to the wrong people. This chatter is a perfect example.

Last edited by schulman116 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Cypher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

schulman116 wrote:
If anyone in this forum thinks getting rid of Smitty & DeAngelo is gonna help our team, you're out of your damn mind. Getting 5th/6th rounders for those 2 is an absolute joke. Thats their value to other teams guys. Al Davis is dead....nobody's giving us high picks for under-performing players....when they know we will just cut them loose in the offseason because of their high contacts.
I'd honestly be shocked if we move Steve. We need to have a sense of loyalty for two main players that helped resurrect this franchise from the joke 1-15 season. (Yes I know D came in a lil later but still get my point) Steve & DeAngelo are still elite talents....our coaching staff is pathetic. Our OL (with current injuries) is pathetic. Our franchise leader at QB... his talent is great....his leadership/attitude is pathetic. Nakumara's coverage is pathetic. Thats the stuff that needs to be fixed.

Not getting rid of 2 panther legends that have done nothing but come to work everyday...being good teammates & working their butt off. These to should be the professional standards....not the scapegoats. Yes I've cared about this team just as long as the rest of you. I've been a PSL owner for 11 years. I loved John Fox. I hated hiring an inexperienced Ron Rivera. A problem this franchise continues to have is pushing blame on to the wrong people. This chatter is a perfect example.

I can totally respect and relate to all of this as far as Smith. When it comes to saying all this about Williams, it just seems like you have "34" taped to the lenses on your sunglasses.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3611/deangelo-williams

DWill to Denver??

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: