Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Panthers @ Bears, Week Eight GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carolina_Champ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That two minute drive is what happens when you play so far off the receiver you can't make a play on the ball or try to interrupt the timing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKpantherfan wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
the easiest 2 minute drill ever.

Agreed.

Not sure how much you can put on Rivera though - despite how much people will want to crucify him for the loss.

Where was the pass rush that we'd been putting on them all day?

Is that Rivera's fault or is that the players?

Players coming through when it matters most (like CHI just did) isn't always even the fault of the opposition - is it our fault if they play well? I'm just a little surprised at how many people are jumping at Rivera's throat before the stadium is even empty.

Give it time to go back and see what happened on the last few plays. How did players get open, were we in the right personnel etc before you call for him to be fired.

We played a good game right up to the INT (are you guys gonna blame Rivera for Steve Smith losing his footing now?)

The play up to then showed we learned a few lessons and had made a few changes. It's one game since we said we'd make changes - be patient. You don't take a 1-5 team and change them overnight.

Pass rush wasn't there because the refs allowed the bears to hold probably
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKpantherfan wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

Agreed.

Not sure how much you can put on Rivera though - despite how much people will want to crucify him for the loss.

Chicago ran the same play over and over again. We had a timeout to burn. Chicago even had an incompletion which allowed us to regroup. And we still couldn't stop it. It was wide open each time. That is on the coaches. We failed to adjust like always.

I'm now realizing why it took so long for Rivera to get a head coaching job. And this one should be over.
BEARS24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
UKpantherfan wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

Agreed.

Players coming through when it matters most (like CHI just did) isn't always even the fault of the opposition - is it our fault if they play well? I'm just a little surprised at how many people are jumping at Rivera's throat before the stadium is even empty.

Give it time to go back and see what happened on the last few plays. How did players get open, were we in the right personnel etc before you call for him to be fired.

We played a good game right up to the INT (are you guys gonna blame Rivera for Steve Smith losing his footing now?)

The play up to then showed we learned a few lessons and had made a few changes. It's one game since we said we'd make changes - be patient. You don't take a 1-5 team and change them overnight.

Pass rush wasn't there because the refs allowed the bears to hold probably

Seriously?
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rough loss. You guys played great til that last quarter. Good luck on the season, Panthers fans. I wish you and Greg Olsen the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be some knee jerk reactions going on here, and they are warented. I was at a sports bar watching the game and I said to everyone at my table, "how are we going to lose this game"? Going into the 4th quarter the Panthers were up 19-7, prime for a loss (as a Panther fan) and low and behold they found a way to lose. I am so disappointed in this team... I really have nothing to add, but the Panthers find a way to lose. On a positive note our kicker has a nice FG leg... That's about it...
shaX 07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't actually think we were going to win the game. I knew what was coming. I've learned to hope for a less than 21 point loss, as a Carolina Panthers fan. Losing by 1 point is as good as winning the game in the great city of Charlotte, NC.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The offensive play calling was better today, the run game wasn't as effective as you want but it kept the pace going. Cam still threw 39 times, though.

The Bears are a top defense so I can't throw too much blame on the players. All in all, the Panthers played better.

Quote:

Colin ‏@ColinWFNZ
No coach since 2002 has thrown a Hail Mary instead of attempting a 51 yard FG. That's not bombastic statement. It's fact. 16/16. 12 made FG

What I really hate is how Rivera stands by all his stupid decisions. He was lucky he didn't get his team blown out of this game with those dumb [inappropriate/removed] squib kicks. He tried to eliminate Hester yet he probably impacted the game more than if he had just kicked it. The Bears starting field position was ridiculous.

I'm tired of these players covering for his stupidity.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the big thing is, it wasn't necessarily the Bears getting good field position as it was us getting bad field position. It allowed Chicago to routinely pin our offense within the 15 yard line.
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at these stats

CAR CHI
Total Yards 416 210
First Downs 19 18
Punts 3 4
Penalties 3/21 5/40
Times Sacked 2 6
TOP 34:29 23:00
Turnovers 2 3
Final Score 22 23

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
I think the big thing is, it wasn't necessarily the Bears getting good field position as it was us getting bad field position. It allowed Chicago to routinely pin our offense within the 15 yard line.

...Exactly what I'm saying. The game was backwards. The team with awful field position put up FGs all day and the other team needed to start at midfield or in Carolina territory to score.

Teams would dream of starting at the 35/40 on kickoffs.

Rivera's post game about the field goal:
Quote:

Only a block and a return for a touchdown could have hurt Carolina. Rivera’s reasoning on why not to go for the field goal, taken from the transcript of his postgame press conference: “Well, because of the cross wind and stuff like that, that ball comes out at that point. It’s getting pushed. That was one of the concerns. We thought our best bet was to throw it into the end zone and see what happens. In hindsight, you can say that maybe we should have gone ahead and tried it…. It’s easy to second-guess at this point.”

Regarding the last drive's coverage:
Quote:
Rivera’s reasoning: “We were trying to keep the ball in front of us. It’s one of those things where if you jump it and they double move you, now all of a sudden it’s a touchdown or the ball is in field goal range. We were trying to make them systematically beat us. They got in field-goal position, and you take your chances at that point.”

Read more here: http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2012/10/major-coaching-mistakes-contribute.html#storylink=cpy

Why'd he say take your chances? When did they take their chances? I hate this guy as a HC. Such an idiot. He takes no blame. The players are putting it on themselves and he just says we some [inappropriate/removed] about hindsight. No, Ron you should have done something differently.

[/quote]
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no issue with keeping the ball in front of you. But is Rivera telling me there is NO other way to stop a damn slant play without jumping the route? Get out of the prevent and take away the slant. Or have your LBs play more underneath with corner/safety help over top.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Postgame-Reaction/082d7a49-96e4-45b9-ab01-1006eebabde5

I wonder how many more weeks Rivera will say, "our guys played well and we gotta play like that and eventually, it'll work out."
Panthers11

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an awful feeling that I knew we were going to lose as Medlock was attempting the FG. He makes it, too much time. He misses, well, yeah.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.

Last edited by Panthers11 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is what it is

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 15 of 16

Jump to: