Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7 rounder (No Trades) Revised 11/5/12 (Totally revamped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Nice for ATL. Think you were a little to generous though. Think Rchardson is a first rounder (we got him in the second) think Wilson is a 2nd-3rd (we got him in the 4th). No complaints here though.

You made me cry a bit thinking of how happy I would be.

You could be right about Richardson I like him a lot as an UT, but I think Wilson is a mid round pick. He missed several games last year due to a knee injury, he isn't really much of a ballhawk and this is a pretty deep CB class.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colin Klien and Landry jones for Oakland? I don't klien but that's not the point, probably go with a OL, DL,lB or even a RB
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good but I'd hope for Warmack instead of Lewan, Wheaton instead of Patton and Mark Jackson instead of Taylor.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
AQuintus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Vikings.

Round 1 - Love the Keenan Allen pick. He'd go a really long way towards helping the Vikings' passing attack.

Round 2 - Would much rather have Arthur Brown at ILB over Mauti. Brown's speed and coverage ability would be huge in the Vikings' defense.

Round 3 - Safety is a need, and we all know that the Vikings love to draft players out of Notre Dame, but I would prefer Da'Rick Rogers here. Even with his off the field troubles, Rogers is just way too talented to pass up at this point in the draft, and the Vikings really need multiple receivers since both Michael Jenkins and Devin Aromashadu are terrible.

Round 4a - DT is also a big need, and Jones looks like a very solid prospect. Again, though, if Motta is picked in the 3rd, I would take Da'rick Rogers here.

Round 4b - Minnesota could definitely use some more CB depth with Winfield potentially retiring, but I don't know about Hurst here. Seems like a bit of a reach. I'd go with one of the OGs picked in the next few spots. OG is another big need for Minnesota.

Round 5 - Really like the Gerald Hodges pick. OLB is a big need for Minnesota and Hodges is huge value here.

Round 6a - QB is potentially a need, but there's no point in taking one this late, they'd never make the team. Go with a NT, CB, or OG here.

Round 6b - If Zeke Motta isn't picked, I'd be all over Shamarko Thomas here. Tremendous value this late for a guy with his talent level and athleticism. If nothing else, he'd be a good backup and special teams guy.

Edit: Also, I noticed you don't have Ogletree in your draft. If he does come out and is available in the 2nd, I'd take him over Brown.
xlfrosti

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: 7 rounder (No Trades) Revised 11/5/12 (Totally revamped) Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
9. Tampa Bay- Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

37. Tampa Bay- Cornelius Carradine, DE, Florida State

70. Tampa Bay- Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois

103. Tampa Bay- D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina

126. Tampa Bay (Via New England)- A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State

136. Tampa Bay- Braxton Cave, C, Notre Dame

169. Tampa Bay- Walter Stewart, DE, Cincinnati

211. Tampa Bay (Via Seattle)- Jordan Mills, OT, La. Tech

217. Tampa Bay (Via Chicago)- D.C. Jefferson, TE, Rutgers

1st round: Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State - I have Banks in my mock draft I did because I didn't think we would pick high enough for Milliner. With that said I think we would choice Milliner and I think he is a better prospect. 20. San Diego- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama is who I would go with

2nd Round: Cornelius Carradine, DE, Florida State - Good pick right here even though Bennett has shown up this year, Clayborne has gotten hurt and Bowers was hurt in the start of the year. He can come in and be a nice rotation with them and even start if Bowers gets hurt or Bennett leaves

3rd Round: Terry Hawthorne, CB, Illinois - This is one of favorite prospect out there. We need CB help as Wright isn't good, Talib just got sent away and other CB we don't know about. I am all for going with 2 CB in this draft and even in the first 3 rounds. Hawthorne can not only help us at the CB spot but in punt and kick returns to.

4th Round: D.J. Swearinger, S, South Carolina - I hate that fact the Bucs fan have to look next season mite knowing that Barber will not be playing out there. If he doesn't come back I can see us getting a saftey in this class. D.J. hasnt done much this year stat wise but is rising up the board with his speed and instincts. Him and Barron would form a nice duo in the backfield and even with black in the mix of everything.

4th Round: A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa State - Foster is playing great for us in the mike linebacker spot for us we dont need a ILB maybe a another OLB but in ILB. Plus we did pick a MLB last year draft in Goode. With that being said the player that stood out to me is Brennan Williams. Even though he is out for the season if he comes back and shows that he has overcome the injury then he is going to be a steal in the 4th round. He could battle Dotson for the RT spot and maybe even over take it. 132. Carolina- Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina is who I would go with

5th Round: Tampa Bay- Braxton Cave, C, Notre Dame - Center isn't that much of a need then people think. We do need depth at O-line later in the draft but we could use a little more help esle where. Right now earlier I said are linebacking cor is doing pretty well this year but it doesn't hurt to add depth at that position. Black played horrible last year and isn't showing much this year. If we could bring in a player that could maybe steal his spot and or make him play his butt off to be with this team I would say Gerald Hodges. Hodges in my eye would be a steal in the 5th round he could add the physcial player that Schiano loves in players. 139. Minnesota- Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State is who I would go with.

6th Round: Walter Stewart, DE, Cincinnati - Like I said with the last pick in the draft its pretty much depth players or PS guys. We do need depth on the D-Line and Stewart can play either the DT or DE spot for us good pick.

7th round Jordan Mills, OT, La. Tech - Just like the last one its all about Depth. We need some help at the O-line in depth because with Nick/Joseph out it hurts not having depth (even thought martin ran over 200 yards on oakland)

7th round D.C. Jefferson, TE, Rutgers - Why not get a guy that Schiano knows. This guy went from a QB to a TE so he is still trying to get use to the position so it doesn't hurt to try on a guy that already has been coached by the guy that is coaching us now

Overall I would say good draft for the Bucs I do have some switches but other then those player good draft. We add some depth at the position we need it at and hopefully some starters.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: 7 rounder (No Trades) Revised 11/5/12 (Totally revamped) Reply with quote

xlfrosti wrote:
6th Round: Walter Stewart, DE, Cincinnati - Like I said with the last pick in the draft its pretty much depth players or PS guys. We do need depth on the D-Line and Stewart can play either the DT or DE spot for us good pick.

Sadly, Stewart had to retire from football. He had a spinal cord defect that they found after he suffered what they thought to be a fairly minor injury.

I also love Tank Carradine, he has an Aldon Smith like skill-set, very overlooked right now.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osprey based on who is available in your mock, my Rams Dream Draft would be:
1a. Jarvis Jones - Agree with you here, would absolutely love this pick. Dynamic player with a great motor that just makes plays.
1b. Chance Warmack - We need some power and an enforcer on the interior
2. Tony Jefferson - LOVE the pick
3. Markus Wheaton - IMO he's going to be a major steal in this draft...overlooked like Mike Wallace was
4. Marcus Davis/Da'Rick Rodgers - Amazing value at this point, might as well take one of these freakish WRs and let them develop
5. Stepfan Taylor - I really like this pick
6. Gavin Escobar/Jordan Reed - Amazing value at this point, we could definitely use a receiving threat at TE
7. Jordan Mills/Rex Burkhead - I have a hard time justifying another HB but I've always liked Burkhead and his stock is taking an unnecessary hit because of his injury...but Mills is more of a need as we could use Tackle depth

All in all, though, can't complain too much about the draft you gave us. It was very solid.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works. I'd be pretty bored watching this draft for the Bears, but it addresses our needs well.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
For the Vikings.

Round 1 - Love the Keenan Allen pick. He'd go a really long way towards helping the Vikings' passing attack.

Round 2 - Would much rather have Arthur Brown at ILB over Mauti. Brown's speed and coverage ability would be huge in the Vikings' defense.

Round 3 - Safety is a need, and we all know that the Vikings love to draft players out of Notre Dame, but I would prefer Da'Rick Rogers here. Even with his off the field troubles, Rogers is just way too talented to pass up at this point in the draft, and the Vikings really need multiple receivers since both Michael Jenkins and Devin Aromashadu are terrible.

Round 4a - DT is also a big need, and Jones looks like a very solid prospect. Again, though, if Motta is picked in the 3rd, I would take Da'rick Rogers here.

Round 4b - Minnesota could definitely use some more CB depth with Winfield potentially retiring, but I don't know about Hurst here. Seems like a bit of a reach. I'd go with one of the OGs picked in the next few spots. OG is another big need for Minnesota.

Round 5 - Really like the Gerald Hodges pick. OLB is a big need for Minnesota and Hodges is huge value here.

Round 6a - QB is potentially a need, but there's no point in taking one this late, they'd never make the team. Go with a NT, CB, or OG here.

Round 6b - If Zeke Motta isn't picked, I'd be all over Shamarko Thomas here. Tremendous value this late for a guy with his talent level and athleticism. If nothing else, he'd be a good backup and special teams guy.

Edit: Also, I noticed you don't have Ogletree in your draft. If he does come out and is available in the 2nd, I'd take him over Brown.

Agreed. I just think that since Ogletree was suspended at the beginning of the season, he would want to give it another year to put that behind him and improve his draft stock. That is why I believe he will return to school. If he can do this, I believe he could potentially be a first round pick in 2014.
OhioState3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love eagles draft
Zorbac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this has been stated or not but how did you do a mock
draft, and Louis Nix not get drafted. Confused , Question Question
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zorbac wrote:
I don't know if this has been stated or not but how did you do a mock
draft, and Louis Nix not get drafted. Confused , Question Question

Because he is a Junior and at this point, I have him staying in school. If he comes out, I'd have him as a first rounder.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Joeckel but not Manuel. The Cards really need a pass rusher, which is not addressed, but I do like the three offensive line picks.

Justo on the sig
Raves

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
15. New Orleans- Johnanathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State

Love this pick, really doubt he falls this far, but if we get him that's just an absolute steal, dude is going to be a beast.

Quote:
81. New Orleans- John Simon, DE, Ohio State

Not a bad pick, DE is a need but I'm not sure Simon is the type we need. Great character guy though. I think a guy like Blidi Wreh-Wilson from UConn would be a better option as we need more depth at CB as we have been hit hard with injuries adn its' caused problems in the secondary. Also I think we either go for a FA DE or give Galette/Wilson a chance.

Quote:
110. New Orleans- Travis Howard, CB, Ohio State

Now I'm an Ohio State fan and I def wouldn't even mock us 3 Ohio State players. Especially nto Howard who doesn't fit the scheme. Spags likes big physical corners, Howard def isn't. Make this Da'Rick Rogers, WR from Tennessee Tech as teh Saints could use a real playmaker at WR as theirs haven't been the best lately.

Quote:
143. New Orleans- Rodney Smith, WR, Florida State

If you make teh changes above then this pick shoudl be going for either an OT or for TE Jake Stoneburner. At this point Stoneburner is a good value as he's athletic with great blocking ability, that would compliment with Graham very well and give us a New England like 2 TE set.

Quote:
176. New Orleans- Nick Bect, OT, Virginia Tech

Keep this pick.

So basically change it to:
15. John Hankins, DT Ohio State
81. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB UConn
110. Da'Rick Rogers, WR Tennessee tech
143. Jake Stoneburner, TE Ohio State
176. Nick Bect, OT Virginia Tech

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
jcm412

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Steelers draft alot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: