Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

7 rounder (No Trades) Revised 11/5/12 (Totally revamped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones over Okafor all day every day for Cleveland

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLB must be addressed earlier than round 5..
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Jarvis Jones over Okafor all day every day for Cleveland

The thing is, I only see Jones as a linebacker. I believe he can be as good as DeMarcus Ware in a 3-4 or Von Miller in a 4-3. I do not see him at all as an NFL DE and that is what you guys need. Who ever takes Jones, I believe he has to be used as a LB.
adam9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 5 give ATL a S and it's okay. Still would like to get a TE before round 4, but I wouldn't be too disappointed with this draft.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I dont like the first round pick at all for the Vikings. Even if Winfield retires, the Vikes have two outside CBs in Cook and Robinson, who have both played well this year. The Vikings wouldnt take a nickel CB in round 1. Give the Vikings a WR, DT or MLB here.

This may be a stupid way to do things, but I don't see a DT or a MLB worth that high of a pick and as a Seahawks fan, I cannot give you Terrance Williams. You'll have to pry him from my cold, dead hands!

We pick before you...

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Jay-Z wrote:
I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man!
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
I dont like the first round pick at all for the Vikings. Even if Winfield retires, the Vikes have two outside CBs in Cook and Robinson, who have both played well this year. The Vikings wouldnt take a nickel CB in round 1. Give the Vikings a WR, DT or MLB here.

This may be a stupid way to do things, but I don't see a DT or a MLB worth that high of a pick and as a Seahawks fan, I cannot give you Terrance Williams. You'll have to pry him from my cold, dead hands!

We pick before you...

I know. I'm still not giving him to you in my mock. That's my point.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
As a talent, I agree that Smith is better than Barkley, but Barkley is more pro ready and comes from a pro style offense. I believe he has more long term success, versus the immediate success you'd have in Smith. To me, Barkley vs. Smith is a lot like Luck vs. RG3 was last year, only on a much lesser scale.

No one is gonna comment on how ridiculous this sounds? Laughing

Barkley is more pro ready, yet you expect Geno to have more immediate success? Geno has more raw talent, but he won't be better in the longterm?

Neither of those statements make any semblance of sense.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
As a talent, I agree that Smith is better than Barkley, but Barkley is more pro ready and comes from a pro style offense. I believe he has more long term success, versus the immediate success you'd have in Smith. To me, Barkley vs. Smith is a lot like Luck vs. RG3 was last year, only on a much lesser scale.

Barkley is more pro ready, yet you expect Geno to have more immediate success? Geno has more raw talent, but he won't be better in the longterm?

It's the same as Luck versus RG3. RG3 has more athleticism and therefore is having more immediate success over Luck. Luck on the other hand is more pro ready, but needs certain things around him to get to that level. I see him having more future success on the pro level once those needs are established.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New 7 rounder (No Trades) Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
6. Tennessee- Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

Terrible pick. The Titans run a 4-3 and Mingo is way undersized to play DE in our system. Plus Lotulelei is still on the board. He should without a doubt be the pick.

Round 2

39. Tennessee- Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina

I like Cooper alot but Warmack is still on the board. He's a top 15 talent. To get him in the 2nd is a steal.

Round 3

70. Tennessee- Dennard Robinson, WR, Michigan

I really have no clue why you mocked us him. WR is the furthest thing from a need. He's wouldn't even make the team. Dion Jordan should be the pick.

Round 4

103. Tennessee- Brandon Jones, CB/S, Rutgers

Solid pick.

Round 5

134. Tennessee- Matt Summers Gavin, OT, California

Not a need. I'd take Tavon Austion just because of his versatility and explosiveness. Jamie Collins would be a good pick too as we need LB depth.

Round 7

198. Tennessee- Stephan Taylor, RB, Stanford

Great pick. Fills a need at backup RB.

jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful but we could use another OLB not ILB. LOVE the Swope pick.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

It's the same as Luck versus RG3. RG3 has more athleticism and therefore is having more immediate success over Luck. Luck on the other hand is more pro ready, but needs certain things around him to get to that level. I see him having more future success on the pro level once those needs are established.

Both of those QBs were very pro-ready. Just because they don't play in an NFL scheme doesn't mean they aren't pro-ready. RG3 had all of the tools to immediately be good in this league just like Luck did. Makes no sense to say someone is more pro-ready but will struggle more early on. If you're more pro-ready, that literally means you are more ready for the pros from the get-go.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

Both of those QBs were very pro-ready. Just because they don't play in an NFL scheme doesn't mean they aren't pro-ready. RG3 had all of the tools to immediately be good in this league just like Luck did. Makes no sense to say someone is more pro-ready but will struggle more early on. If you're more pro-ready, that literally means you are more ready for the pros from the get-go.

You and I disagree about RG3. I compare him to Cam Newton, in that his skill set will only take him so far, before he hits a wall, ala Newton. In my opinion, Geno Smith has a better arm than both of those guys, so maybe his ceiling is a bit higher.

To the contrary. You can be as pro ready as you can possibly be, but if you go to a poor team with very little tools, you will struggle early on. Look at the situation Luck inherited. He was the most pro ready QB to enter the draft in many years and he is having growing pains. The Colts lack defense, O-Line, a running game and are very young at the receiver position. RG3 landed on a team with a good D-Line, solid LB's, several veteran WR's who have had success and a decent O-Line. Right now, he has a lot more around him, thus it is helping him have success early on. How do you not understand this?
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: New 7 rounder (No Trades) Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

Terrible pick. The Titans run a 4-3 and Mingo is way undersized to play DE in our system. Plus Lotulelei is still on the board. He should without a doubt be the pick.

Round 2

I like Cooper alot but Warmack is still on the board. He's a top 15 talent. To get him in the 2nd is a steal.

Round 3

I really have no clue why you mocked us him. WR is the furthest thing from a need. He's wouldn't even make the team. Dion Jordan should be the pick.

Round 4

Solid pick.

Round 5

Not a need. I'd take Tavon Austion just because of his versatility and explosiveness. Jamie Collins would be a good pick too as we need LB depth.

Round 7

Really? Mingo is almost the exact same size as Chris Clemons and Osi Umenyiora when they came out of college. I guess they aren't very good 4-3 DE's? If he goes to a 4-3 team, which he likely will, you'd better believe they are gonna bulk him up another 15-20 lbs., before the season starts. Once he gets in the weight room and meets with his trainers, I can see him getting up to 255-265 lbs., by the start of the season. This is common for rookie players to do.

As far as Lotulelei, about every mock that I have seen, that has the Titans taking a DT, is panned by most of the fans. You're the first Titans fan who has told me that you need a DT. Most tell me that is not a need.

I mocked you a WR, because you need one. Washington is getting old, Britt can't stay healthy/out of trouble and you lack depth. I don't understand? You ask me why I give you a WR and then you go onto tell me you want Tavon Austin in the next round? What's that about? That makes no sense.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

You and I disagree about RG3. I compare him to Cam Newton, in that his skill set will only take him so far, before he hits a wall, ala Newton. In my opinion, Geno Smith has a better arm than both of those guys, so maybe his ceiling is a bit higher.

To the contrary. You can be as pro ready as you can possibly be, but if you go to a poor team with very little tools, you will struggle early on. Look at the situation Luck inherited. He was the most pro ready QB to enter the draft in many years and he is having growing pains. The Colts lack defense, O-Line, a running game and are very young at the receiver position. RG3 landed on a team with a good D-Line, solid LB's, several veteran WR's who have had success and a decent O-Line. Right now, he has a lot more around him, thus it is helping him have success early on. How do you not understand this?

Not really sure what any of that last paragraph has to do with the subject at hand. You seem to be rambling on. What does inheriting a bad team have anything to do with Barkley or Geno? Being drafted in the top 5 means you're very, very likely to inherit a bad team. Neither Luck nor Griffin have been bad this season, so I'm not sure why you're trying to convince me that Griffin has everything in his favor.

There is virtually nothing about Griffin that wasn't pro-ready coming into the league. He had great footwork in the pocket, keeps his eyes downfield under pressure, delivers an accurate ball, and can hit any point on the field. Not only that, but he's a very intelligent kid. All of that can be said for Geno Smith as well. To say either Griffin or Geno aren't pro-ready is just ignorant. I'd love to hear how either player was not pro-ready from a direct talent translation.
NhTitan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: New 7 rounder (No Trades) Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Solid pick.

Round 5

Round 7

Really? Mingo is almost the exact same size as Chris Clemons and Osi Umenyiora when they came out of college. I guess they aren't very good 4-3 DE's? If he goes to a 4-3 team, which he likely will, you'd better believe they are gonna bulk him up another 15-20 lbs., before the season starts. Once he gets in the weight room and meets with his trainers, I can see him getting up to 255-265 lbs., by the start of the season. This is common for rookie players to do.

As far as Lotulelei, about every mock that I have seen, that has the Titans taking a DT, is panned by most of the fans. You're the first Titans fan who has told me that you need a DT. Most tell me that is not a need.

I mocked you a WR, because you need one. Washington is getting old, Britt can't stay healthy/out of trouble and you lack depth. I don't understand? You ask me why I give you a WR and then you go onto tell me you want Tavon Austin in the next round? What's that about? That makes no sense.

DT is a need for the Titans. Mingo would be a nice treat but Star gives us an identity on defense.

If Star reaches the Titans in any mock we'll take him, mind you I said the same thing about DeCastro last year.

We dont need a reciever

Good Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: