Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Peterson - He is something special
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
In Sunday’s win over the Lions, Peterson carried 27 times for 171 yards and a touchdown, becoming the first player in the NFL this season to top 1,000 yards. Peterson leads the league in rushing with 1,128 yards, and he’s on pace to gain 1,805 yards this season. That would be a career high, as would his current average of 5.8 yards per carry, and he’s also on pace for a career-high 46 catches this year. Statistically, Peterson is having his best season. The truly startling point is that Peterson is doing all this against defenses that are built to stop him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/12/nfl-morning-after-adrian-petersons-best-season-yet/
Peterson is out of this world and the best RB of this generation. It's incredible what he's done.

With all that said, Lynch topped 1,000 the same day, it's not his fault he played later on Wink

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
In Sunday’s win over the Lions, Peterson carried 27 times for 171 yards and a touchdown, becoming the first player in the NFL this season to top 1,000 yards. Peterson leads the league in rushing with 1,128 yards, and he’s on pace to gain 1,805 yards this season. That would be a career high, as would his current average of 5.8 yards per carry, and he’s also on pace for a career-high 46 catches this year. Statistically, Peterson is having his best season. The truly startling point is that Peterson is doing all this against defenses that are built to stop him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/12/nfl-morning-after-adrian-petersons-best-season-yet/
Peterson is out of this world and the best RB of this generation. It's incredible what he's done.

With all that said, Lynch topped 1,000 the same day, it's not his fault he played later on Wink
Also keep in mind that neither Peterson nor Lynch have had their bye week yet.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
I think when Peterson went in for that ACL surgery, this is what happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=HofoK_QQxGc#t=47s

Peterson was already a machine. He just had a broken part and they replaced it.
PeteyPercyPonde

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

They are also the only backs in the NFL to average 100+ YPG this season.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

That's true, but those averages wouldn't put them over 1000 in 8 games. That's all I'm sayin'.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
Peterson was already a machine. He just had a broken part and they replaced it.

well, it's more like he re-grew a new one.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

That's true, but those averages wouldn't put them over 1000 in 8 games. That's all I'm sayin'.
Peterson's would.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Peterson's would.

In total YPG he is. He's averaging 128.

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP = THE CASHIER
HE MAKES YOU PAY
-courtesy of Merril Hodge
Ketchup

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeADunn wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Peterson's would.

In total YPG he is. He's averaging 128.
Just using rushing yards, Peterson is average 112 yards per game.

Kempes on the custom sig!
Yfz01

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

Peterson's would.

For some reason he said 8 games, instead of nine.

Lil Uno with the sig.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson is part manimal, part Batman, and all universe. He is already the GOAT - don't kid yourselves. As a runner, just like Randy, twas destiny since they day they first touched a football, from the first time they burnt some helpless fool, from the first time they broke a pair of ankles, from the first time they told someone how much better they were than them.

Some things are just inevitable. Cool
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some off the field videos that most non Vikings fans dont see.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Ready-to-Roll/6a7f6a7d-2471-48fb-a275-628acf38d79f

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Vikings-Peterson-Host-Make-A-Wish-Recipient-/43e68c0f-93ad-48dc-873b-d74286013a21

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Peterson-Surprises-Draft-Me-Maybe-Creators/10a3d6a9-1c24-4a7d-8939-2e3c70967c8f
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if he didn't tear up his knee he'd be playing this well. A franchise year after what he's gone thru... Maybe the injury woke up the inner beast inside his inner beast. Imagine next year when/if he's 100%. Shocked

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sn0mm1s wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
sn0mm1s wrote:

The big difference is that Barry played in an era where it was much more difficult to run.

Over those 73 games Barry averaged 4.74 YPC while the rest of the NFL RBs averaged 3.95 YPC.

With Peterson (now 79 games) he has averaged 4.92 YPC when the rest of the NFL RBs have averaged 4.22 YPC.

And then Barry got much better.

So Barry averaged .79 yards more per carry than league average and AD averages .70 more per carry than league average. Coming out to .09 yards per carry? Kinda seems you are splitting hairs there.

But your last statement is the kicker, Barry was simply a beast putting up huge numbers in his 2nd 5 years in the NFL. Interesting enough they are both on pace to post very similar numbers in their 6th year in the league.

Sanders: 1883 yards, 5.7 YPC, 44 catches
Peterson (on pace): 1805 yards, 5.8 YPC, 46 catches

When you comparing the best and tossing around terms like GOAT then "splitting hairs" is justified. Barry's YPC compared to other RBs is better both in raw difference and percentage difference. Also, the season you are referring to saw league average of RBs drop to 3.68 YPC. Barry was a full two yards better than league average - with a 5.69. Right now Peterson has a 5.78 YPC vs. 4.17 YPC for the league. In a vacuum, they appear similar but not when you actually look at how difficult is was to run in the 1990s.

Why was it so difficult to run in the 1990's? If I recall correctly, Sanders wasn't the only one who was able to run during that decade. Emmitt Smith ran for more yards than any other back in history during the 90's.

As for the talk of AD being the GOAT, my opinion is that when you look at the 10 best runningbacks of all time, it becomes very hard to determine which one was truly the "best". In fact, I think it's really impossible to name the absolute best, because at this level it starts to become subjective.

Which style of running do you like? A bruising, power runner like Earl Campbell, a shifty, ankle breaker like Barry Sanders, a speed burner like Eric Dickerson, or an all-purpose guy like Marshall Faulk or LdT? It's really a matter of personal taste - kind of like determining who is the most beautiful woman in the world. There is not a singularly correct answer.

As for myself, I've been saying since early in his career that Adrian Peterson is the best running back the league has seen since the days of Barry Sanders. Is he as good as Sanders? Better? That is up to each individual observer. I don't think the decision can (or should be attempted to) be made simply by trying to "split hairs" by looking at a stat sheet. You really have to see all of them with your own eyes to truly make an informed decision. Stats don't tell the whole story - as usual.

It seems that most people agree AD is already in the Top 10 all time. I would certainly agree. When all is said and done, that's really all that matters. He is in the same league as the likes of Sweetness, Barry Sanders, Jim Brown, Earl Campbell, etc. A very small fraternity.

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: