Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Peterson - He is something special
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Adrian Peterson - He is something special Reply with quote

Currently leads the league in rushing and has a 5.1 per carry average.

Leads the NFL in runs of 20 yards or more with 8.

He's on pace for over 1500 yards after suffering a horrific injury in week 16 of last season.

He just put up 123 yards on 15 carries versus the 3rd ranked rush defense in the NFL.

I didn't think I'd see production like this until next season.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is pretty unbelievable to see what he has done. It's a testament to not only how far Peterson has come, but how far medical science and technology has come. It just amazes me to see Peterson and Suggs on the field after their injuries.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
It is pretty unbelievable to see what he has done. It's a testament to not only how far Peterson has come, but how far medical science and technology has come. It just amazes me to see Peterson and Suggs on the field after their injuries.

Wouldnt be suprised at all if both were on a cocktail of peds. Nothing against them, most athletes are or have done them.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty amazing for him to be back already.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
justo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a God among boys right now in the NFL. Who has been as consistently good as him? Really is playing in the wrong era although the NFL is moving a little closer to power running than it has the past couple years

#FREEBARRINGTON
casesdaily

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just a freak of nature. Recovering from such a bad injury and continuing to put on great numbers is really astonishing. I consider him being the best RB in the league without hesitation.
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH i dont think you needed this season to validate how special AP is.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Did you see that Amendola is questionable only 3 weeks after that gnarly shoulder injury? I doubt he'll play but I think he'll play after the bye against SF and that'll be only 5 weeks...

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson is something special indeed. There are only a tiny handful of backs these days that can keep offensive coordinators up at night.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packer fan in me absolutely hates AD. The football fan in me can't get enough of the guy. I thought a few years back he was starting to lose it as a Rb and that this injury would be the end of AD. It actually seems to have the opposite effect. It's like he's found the fountain of youth.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunderhead wrote:
The Packer fan in me absolutely hates AD. The football fan in me can't get enough of the guy. I thought a few years back he was starting to lose it as a Rb and that this injury would be the end of AD. It actually seems to have the opposite effect. It's like he's found the fountain of youth.

The feeling is mutual with Aaron Rodgers
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I get to play him twice a year! Sad
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
He is a God among boys right now in the NFL. Who has been as consistently good as him? Really is playing in the wrong era although the NFL is moving a little closer to power running than it has the past couple years

I agree, power running compliments the passing league we are seeing quite well, especially being able to use play action.

Peterson is a beast, I think many had doubted him pre-season and I saw a lot of rankings that didnt even include him in the top 5 due to injury concerns. Peterson has really shown little side effects and he is not just tearing up poor teams on the ground. He gashed the Bucs and Cardinals, two teams with run defenses most considered elite. It was really that SF game for Peterson that I knew he was back. Peterson didnt really have a great game, but he still put up 87 yards on 25+ carries but each carry was physical and the yards were tough to come by. Peterson was still the bell cow and I knew if he could handle the physicallity of that matchup that he would be okay.

The 20+ runs have been there and Peterson is up at over 5.0 per carry. The one thing lacking this year has been the TD runs. Peterson has been unable to break those classic 40+ yard TD runs were are used (minus the TB game) and the Vikes redzone offense has really crippled Peterson's ability to get those redzone TDs. Peterson went five weeks without a rushing TD but he is at 4 now.

Based on the stats right now, he very well could run for 1500 yards, 5.0 per carry and around 10 TDs. That is phenomenal considering the injury he is coming off of, according to Peterson, he is 175% though Laughing . He wont admit it but Peterson probably is only at 90%, he still lacks that final gear and that insane burst, but I am sure it will come back by 2013. For now, its a treat to watch him run.

Not only is his normal running production back, he is having a career year as a receiver.
ErnestoGuevara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

If he was playing in an earlier era he never would have come back from his knee injury the same...just saying...
ErnestoGuevara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
justo wrote:

I agree, power running compliments the passing league we are seeing quite well, especially being able to use play action.

Peterson is a beast, I think many had doubted him pre-season and I saw a lot of rankings that didnt even include him in the top 5 due to injury concerns. Peterson has really shown little side effects and he is not just tearing up poor teams on the ground. He gashed the Bucs and Cardinals, two teams with run defenses most considered elite. It was really that SF game for Peterson that I knew he was back. Peterson didnt really have a great game, but he still put up 87 yards on 25+ carries but each carry was physical and the yards were tough to come by. Peterson was still the bell cow and I knew if he could handle the physicallity of that matchup that he would be okay.

The 20+ runs have been there and Peterson is up at over 5.0 per carry. The one thing lacking this year has been the TD runs. Peterson has been unable to break those classic 40+ yard TD runs were are used (minus the TB game) and the Vikes redzone offense has really crippled Peterson's ability to get those redzone TDs. Peterson went five weeks without a rushing TD but he is at 4 now.

Based on the stats right now, he very well could run for 1500 yards, 5.0 per carry and around 10 TDs. That is phenomenal considering the injury he is coming off of, according to Peterson, he is 175% though Laughing . He wont admit it but Peterson probably is only at 90%, he still lacks that final gear and that insane burst, but I am sure it will come back by 2013. For now, its a treat to watch him run.

Not only is his normal running production back, he is having a career year as a receiver.

What makes you say he will ever have the same speed he once did?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: