You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Adrian Peterson - He is something special
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ What makes you say he wont? Players usually take two years to fully recover from this injury completely.
ErnestoGuevara

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
^ What makes you say he wont? Players usually take two years to fully recover from this injury completely.

I was asking you a question, not making a point that he won't...every injury is different, every injury is unique. I'm asking you what makes you confident he will be able to become everything he once was?
DRC29 INT

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just a freak of nature. One of my favorite players to watch.
Titansfan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrian Peterson is one of the best running backs I've ever seen play the game. He is an absolute monster. If it wasn't for Ponder playing so poorly yesterday and the Vikes having to play catch up all game Peterson would have easily gone for over 200.

Props to JammerHammer on the awesome sig!
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been very happy to see him make a return. Didnt want MJD to be the top back in the league, even though hes on my fantasy team. I hope AP keeps it going another 7 or so years.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterson is without doubt the best pure RB in the league.
Ray Rice and Shady may well be better receiving RBs but pure RB there is none better.
I did hear a stat somewhere that since returning from the injury Peterson has 96% of his runs between the tackles because Minnesota want to save him from having to cut so much.
c0insnap

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No [inappropriate/removed]... Watch the guy play. Stop looking at stats.

Beast
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so happy he is producing like this, especially since I picked him up in the 4th round of my fantasy draft. Wink
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AD has been the consensus best player at his position for about 4-5 years. Not sure any other player in the NFL can say that right now.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ErnestoGuevara wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I was asking you a question, not making a point that he won't...every injury is different, every injury is unique. I'm asking you what makes you confident he will be able to become everything he once was?

I have no reason to believe otherwise, so what makes you think he cant get back to where he was? No one can possibly be right, but I have no reason to assume the worst like you are.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far and away my favorite football player.

I could watch this one million times over and not tire of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZx7Y6LyxR4

That primal yell you hear from him after he delivers the hit... Instant chills up the spine.

Peppers90 on the sig.
bmore4life815

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
AD has been the consensus best player at his position for about 4-5 years. Not sure any other player in the NFL can say that right now.

He's been the best pretty much ever since he entered the league, and it's pathetic how so many on here still fail to realize it. As a Eagles fan, I'm certainly glad you're not in denial like a couple others I've encountered. Can't remember their user names, but they've said that McCoy is the clear-cut best. I've heard some others say Arian Foster is the best. There are more Chiefs fans then there should be praising Charles as the best. Oh, and be sure not to take a sip of something when you read this: there was a Bills fan last year who claimed that Fred Jackson was the best.

I understand team allegiances and all, but people need to stop lying to themselves. Adrian Peterson is the type of pure runner we won't be seeing again for quite a while. It's going to be really, really sad the day he hangs it up. He's not just a joy to watch for Vikings fans, but for every football fan as well. The epitome of a once-in-a-generation talent.

mike23md
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

Im not so sure about that. He has been consensus top 2 but i dont think he has been consensus best. Chris Johnson in 09-10 was in the mix, whether people thought CJ was the best or not, he was in the discussion. So i wouldnt call that consensus.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

He's been the best pretty much ever since he entered the league, and it's pathetic how so many on here still fail to realize it. As a Eagles fan, I'm certainly glad you're not in denial like a couple others I've encountered. Can't remember their user names, but they've said that McCoy is the clear-cut best. I've heard some others say Arian Foster is the best. There are more Chiefs fans then there should be praising Charles as the best. Oh, and be sure not to take a sip of something when you read this: there was a Bills fan last year who claimed that Fred Jackson was the best.

I understand team allegiances and all, but people need to stop lying to themselves. Adrian Peterson is the type of pure runner we won't be seeing again for quite a while. It's going to be really, really sad the day he hangs it up. He's not just a joy to watch for Vikings fans, but for every football fan as well. The epitome of a once-in-a-generation talent.

Yeah, heading into this season I would say it was reasonable to just think of AD, McCoy, Rice, Foster and MJD as top 5 in varying orders because no one knew how his health would be (although most people still had AD at #1.) But now AD has shown that his injury didn't slow him down a bit and I think it's safe to say he has re-solidified his spot as the best running back in the league by a decent margin. No back is as great at so many different things the way AD is. Anyone who doesn't think he is the best running back in the NFL is simply kidding themselves at this point.
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:

Im not so sure about that. He has been consensus top 2 but i dont think he has been consensus best. Chris Johnson in 09-10 was in the mix, whether people thought CJ was the best or not, he was in the discussion. So i wouldnt call that consensus.

I knew CJ was certainly in the conversation, but I would've thought that most people still had AD at #1. I think a majority of people have had AP as their #1 running back for at least 4 years now. Name me one other player who can you say that about, you can't. I don't even think there is a player who has been 100% top 2 for everyone like AD has.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: