Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tim Tebow Trade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I thought this was over.....

lol. When it comes to Tebow, it's never over. Laughing

Really though, if Blaine's injury were to keep him out for an extended period and we could have him basically for free, i'd go for it. It would be good for some laughs, and it'd be better than watching Henne. Wink Wouldn't give up anything of any value though, obviously. Picks completely off the table, etc.
Will Ta’ufo’ou?

Deal. Cool
Mr. V

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Rotoworld says the Jets aren't trading Tebow and I haven't seen anything reported about us.

Only Bomani Jones and others at ESPN have said he makes sense...now everyone is "reporting" it as true...this will never end.

Sounds like pure speculation.

I'd be okay with trading a 5th or later for him. He wouldn't play over Gabbert (or possibly even Henne) but we could put him in at other spots.

No, don't waste picks on this season. That's stupid. Tebow isn't going to help our team enough, if at all.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
green24 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Rotoworld says the Jets aren't trading Tebow and I haven't seen anything reported about us.

Only Bomani Jones and others at ESPN have said he makes sense...now everyone is "reporting" it as true...this will never end.

Please don't give me false hope. Get it done, Jacksonville.

If it didn't happen when Shad wanted it at the beginning of the year...not going to happen now.

I wouldn't say it could happen 'right now' exactly either. It still makes no sense, just as it did at the beginning of the year. As long as Gabbert is here and playing, it's an incredibly daft idea and won't happen.

But if Gabbert's shoulder were to put him out for a while, it would at least make a tiny measure of sense in a really obtuse sort of way. I could see there being at least a tiny opening for it to happen in that scenario. But it doesn't seem the Jets are interested in moving him either, so...it'd have to be a bizarre set of events coming together. Never say never though... Very Happy
bzane

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Tebow Trade? Reply with quote

Conrad Buff wrote:
I'm really curious about this as I saw an article about Tim Tebow trade to the Jaguars rumor. Has anybody else heard of this? I could honestly see it considering the Jaguars situation at the moment.

Good call! The Expected One returns to his Florida roots! Gosh, it might be the salvation of the Jacksonville franchise. Miracles can happen!
Conrad Buff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Tebow Trade? Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
I'm really curious about this as I saw an article about Tim Tebow trade to the Jaguars rumor. Has anybody else heard of this? I could honestly see it considering the Jaguars situation at the moment.

Good call! The Expected One returns to his Florida roots! Gosh, it might be the salvation of the Jacksonville franchise. Miracles can happen!

...You must think that I support this decision or something?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Tim Tebow Trade? Reply with quote

Conrad Buff wrote:
bzane wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:

Well, it WAS a pretty bold stance on your part, I'll give you that. Tebow just recently was voted "Most Overrated" in a poll of NFL players; and a lot of fans want him out of New York, weary of a lot of hype, and very little productivity. Perhaps if, as you suggest, he were brought back to Florida, to the scene of his collegiate glory, he might recapture the Magic That Was Tebow. If that happens, maybe you'll get the credit for spearheading the move to bring him home!
corry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gene is trying to keep the mob from storming the gate.
Conrad Buff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Tim Tebow Trade? Reply with quote

I don't even support this decision. I created this thread looking for information. Stop making assumptions.

bzane wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
bzane wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:

Well, it WAS a pretty bold stance on your part, I'll give you that. Tebow just recently was voted "Most Overrated" in a poll of NFL players; and a lot of fans want him out of New York, weary of a lot of hype, and very little productivity. Perhaps if, as you suggest, he were brought back to Florida, to the scene of his collegiate glory, he might recapture the Magic That Was Tebow. If that happens, maybe you'll get the credit for spearheading the move to bring him home!

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that this was birthed out of an analyst saying it was a good idea, with no real reason to. In addition, just two days ago, when the aforementioned most overrated poll came out, Rex Ryan said he was glad that Tebow was on his team and not any other team. Add in the fact that no sources have said that the Jets are shopping him, nor that the Jaguars are actually inquiring, and I'm going to guess that as of right now, there's no reason to think a deal will even be looked at, let alone made.

I'll leave the thread open in case people want to discuss the merits of bringing in Tebow, but remember to do it in a civil manner.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-mike-bianchi-saturday-circus-1027-20121026,0,696696.column

Quote:
Running off at the typewriter. …

Johnny Van Zant, lead singer of Lynyrd Skynyrd, was in town Friday night playing a concert at the UCF Arena. When I asked him why his hometown Jaguars haven't acquired another Jacksonville legend — Tim Tebow — Van Zant was bumfuzzled.

He said the Jags should have done everything in their power to sign Tebow. "They would have filled the stadium with chicks alone," Van Zant said and laughed. . . . Five best things to ever come from Jacksonville: 1) Skynyrd; 2) Florida-Georgia game; 3) Tim Tebow; 4) Bob Hayes; 5) Battle of Olustee Civil War Reenactment.

#JDI
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:

I thought the mob was like 3 people...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
corry wrote:

I thought the mob was like 3 people...

Yea, because less than half the Jags fans on these forums live in Jacksonville.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
bzane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Tebow Trade? Reply with quote

Conrad Buff wrote:
I don't even support this decision. I created this thread looking for information. Stop making assumptions.

bzane wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
bzane wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:

Best information out there is that, a) Tebow was voted "Most Overrated" by NFL PLAYERS (not fans, not media); b) there seems to be nothing more concrete than idle speculation about his getting traded to Jacksonville, fueled by sentimental fans and bored writers who think it would be a cute story were he to return to Florida; c) despite the games won by Denver last year when he was the starting QB, many feel that credit belongs to the Broncos fine defense and running game, rather than Tebow's heroics; d) while a winner at the college level, the consensus is that he is too limited as a passer to be a starting quarterback at the pro level. He is viewed as more of a "gimmick" player capable of running a few option or "Wildcat" plays per game, as a change of pace.

So! Regardless of the fantasies of passionate Florida fans, it doesn't seem that the Tebow-to-Jacksonville trade you propose is going to happen; and that it probably wouldn't work out even if it did. Best thing for the Jaguars is to develop a more-conventionally-skilled QB, whether the can be Blaine Gabbert- or somebody else. If this were the CFL, or a Wishbone offense, you might have a point there. Being that it's the NFL, the best you can hope for is Tebow being a change-of-pace backup- as the Jets are using him now.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him being voted most overrated holds zero value when relating it to his talent, and instead speaks to the media circus around him.

The "fine" running game was trash before Tebow came in, and is ranked 23rd this season, 29/31st in yards per rush. The "fine" defense was 24th in the league last year. Let's not act like Tebow wasn't a large part of the team's wins. The playstyle of Tebow allowed for the Broncos to limit the opposing team's time of possession, which took away scoring chances for the other team and gave the Broncos more opportunities. An anyone trying to deny his late game heroics is kidding themselves.

That doesn't mean he should come here, and nobody is even suggesting we should.

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
green24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Him being voted most overrated holds zero value when relating it to his talent, and instead speaks to the media circus around him.

The "fine" running game was trash before Tebow came in, and is ranked 23rd this season, 29/31st in yards per rush. The "fine" defense was 24th in the league last year. Let's not act like Tebow wasn't a large part of the team's wins. The playstyle of Tebow allowed for the Broncos to limit the opposing team's time of possession, which took away scoring chances for the other team and gave the Broncos more opportunities. An anyone trying to deny his late game heroics is kidding themselves.

That doesn't mean he should come here, and nobody is even suggesting we should.

Did iPwn just go into full Skip Bayless mode?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: