Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Our Season
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Season Outcome?
Lose a majority of the remaining games... Top 10 draft pick
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
Push for and make playoffs... 22 is the earliest possible draft pick
63%
 63%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 30

JetsFan1017

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Our Season Reply with quote

How would you rather see the outcome of our team this year? Obviously, management will not just tank the season but I was just interested to see what my fellow Jets fans think. Also, we have a very easy schedule this year so it would be tough to completely tank the season.

Props to Jamison for the sig

LEGOOO JETS!
FrankJets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's push for the playoffs. We should never give up.
werds35

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate to lose! but the one guy i would like the Jets to draft would be a reach early. I know most people dont agree with an interior line man in the first, but I believe that with an improved interior, running the ball would be easier and which ever QB is back there will have more time to read the field. I like Barrett Jones, then we would have a legit back up center should (God forbid!) Mangold go down again. He is a natural RG so Moore and his wonky hip could be allowed to walk.
moham-17

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to get this straight, you're asking whether people would rather the Jet's season go down the toilet, or see them make the playoffs?

Cmon man, the answer is obvious, I can't believe anybody would even think of this.
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing breeds a loser's mentality.

To quote Mike Singletary,

I WANT WINNERS
ekill08x

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see us win, I just dont think were going to. Could still see us 8-8. I have us losing to NE again at home, SEA, and SD definitely, but could easily see a loss @ STL home against MIA who we should have lost to and @BUF. So I say we go 8-8. We make too many mistakes and arent disciplined enough to win close games. Were not coached well either. No matter what I see us in the 7-9 - 9-7 range and all 3 records are possible. We wont win 10, no shot at this point, but 9-7 could get us in the playoffs. I'll tell you one thing, if we lose to MIA were going to have to play our asses off in SEA and STL or the seasons over.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
JetsFan1017

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
Just to get this straight, you're asking whether people would rather the Jet's season go down the toilet, or see them make the playoffs?

Cmon man, the answer is obvious, I can't believe anybody would even think of this.

Well throughout game day threads and other posts, I had seen a couple Jets fans saying they would rather bottom out and get a good draft pick because this team is not built to win a super bowl. I would much rather them making the playoffs but I was asking for other opinions.

Props to Jamison for the sig

LEGOOO JETS!
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You play to win the game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetsFan1017 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:

Well throughout game day threads and other posts, I had seen a couple Jets fans saying they would rather bottom out and get a good draft pick because this team is not built to win a super bowl. I would much rather them making the playoffs but I was asking for other opinions.

That's just sad. I'd much rather see us make the playoffs and at least have the hope for the "any given Sunday" approach.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the playoffs are an option then obviously thats what we should all want.

Unfortunately I see us ending up in the worst spot, around 7-9 or so with a mediocre pick and no playoffs.
Malik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we are bad enough to get a high draft pick enough to justify losing. If we're forced to be with Sanchez more I'd prefer he develop a report with our young receivers.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
If the playoffs are an option then obviously thats what we should all want.

Unfortunately I see us ending up in the worst spot, around 7-9 or so with a mediocre pick and no playoffs.

I don't think we are a playoff caliber team. However, the AFC is extremely weak this season. It's hard to think of six teams that are definitively better than us.

#TeamManfred
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win the games. This is Sanchez' rehearsal for his starting job. I want to see what he has in him. If he can bring us 9-7 or 10-6 with some solid play despite the lack of talent on offense (and no Revis/LBs on defense) we'll have a better idea of what we have. Play to win. Don't tank.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
JetsFan1017 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:

That's just sad. I'd much rather see us make the playoffs and at least have the hope for the "any given Sunday" approach.

I'd rather build a team that can sustain continued success and be a perennial superbowl contender. The way the team is built right now we aren't there and probably won't be. I would rather have a few down years and pick up some good core player through the draft than constantly be a borderline playoff team and being caught in a cycle of mediocrity. Our goal shouldn't be to make the playoffs it should be to win a Superbowl. If that means tanking for a year or two than so be it, I'll wait it out.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
moham-17 wrote:
JetsFan1017 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:

I'd rather build a team that can sustain continued success and be a perennial superbowl contender. The way the team is built right now we aren't there and probably won't be. I would rather have a few down years and pick up some good core player through the draft than constantly be a borderline playoff team and being caught in a cycle of mediocrity. Our goal shouldn't be to make the playoffs it should be to win a Superbowl. If that means tanking for a year or two than so be it, I'll wait it out.

I think you're forgetting that this isn't the NBA. We don't need lottery picks to get impact players. How often are the Steelers, Packers and Ravens picking in the bottom half of the draft? How long have those teams been consistently successful?

If you want continued success, draft better. Sign the guys we need, and don't sign the guys we don't need. Since the end of the Herm era we've had one year where we're under .500 (2007, 4-12.) That year our draft pick was a bust. We built through the draft and FA in other years with mid round/late selections and made it to the AFCCG twice without losing more than 8 games....

The logic that we need top ten impact player type picks is awful...the Steelers are finding impact Mike Wallace in the third round. The Giants are picking up all-pro receivers that went un-drafted (Victor Cruz.) Draft better and develop your talent. Don't tank. That's stupid.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: