Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: VIKINGS (5-3) at Seahawks (4-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47529
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Zephiel wrote:
Tom Pelissero said it best, I think, on his Video wrap-up. We're not just seeing bad passing offense, we're seeing incompetent passing offense. There are tons of issues with that aspect of this team.


Right. the QB is bad. The OGs are below average or bad. The WRs are awful. The OC doesn't seem to know how to use the TE (among other issues).

If it was one thing, I'd feel better right now....


Perhaps were not giving enough credit to the Seahawks defense. Ponder wasnt that bad against Tampa or Washington, he had over 250 yards each game. Cleraly they werent incompetent those games.

However, the Seahawks defense was one that most had as a top 3 unit going into this game. Given that the game was in Seattle, it should have been pretty clear that they were going to smother the Vikes passing game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PrplChilPill


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 8945
Location: SLP, MN
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with that for sure. The Seattle's are a great defense. But no defense is that great. And it is two weeks in a row that it has been really, really bad.

But, and I hate to say this, but it is reminding me of TJack some. He had those really nice games after Frerotte got hurt, and then was crushed by the Eagles and never really played again.....

That said, I think Ponder is 5x the QB TJack was/is....

And, they did score a decent number of points against Seattle, as disconcerting as Ponder is the Vikes' defense lately....
_________________
Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AQuintus


Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 1307
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:


I don't think it's all Musgrave. He's put into an impossible position.


It's definitely not all on Musgrave. Just like it's not all on Ponder, the WRs, the guards, or the defense. It's definitely a combination of all of the above.

However, I think that Musgrave's negative influence is still being understated even despite how much he's being talked about.

It's really incredible how many basic, basic WR and TE routes just flat out don't seem to be included in Musgrave's play book. In all of the games that I've watched this year, I can remember one (ONE!) slant route being thrown so far (Simpson's fumble play last week). That's flat out inexcusable in a west coast offense. And that's not even mentioning the complete lack of seam and in routes. It really bottles the mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
Zephiel wrote:
Tom Pelissero said it best, I think, on his Video wrap-up. We're not just seeing bad passing offense, we're seeing incompetent passing offense. There are tons of issues with that aspect of this team.


Right. the QB is bad. The OGs are below average or bad. The WRs are awful. The OC doesn't seem to know how to use the TE (among other issues).

If it was one thing, I'd feel better right now....


Perhaps were not giving enough credit to the Seahawks defense. Ponder wasnt that bad against Tampa or Washington, he had over 250 yards each game. Cleraly they werent incompetent those games.

However, the Seahawks defense was one that most had as a top 3 unit going into this game. Given that the game was in Seattle, it should have been pretty clear that they were going to smother the Vikes passing game.


I don't know if you watched the Tampa game, but Ponder salvaged his stat line with major yardage in garbage time. So that point of view does not quite hold water.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ktarinze


Joined: 08 Oct 2010
Posts: 1365
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
Zephiel wrote:
Tom Pelissero said it best, I think, on his Video wrap-up. We're not just seeing bad passing offense, we're seeing incompetent passing offense. There are tons of issues with that aspect of this team.


Right. the QB is bad. The OGs are below average or bad. The WRs are awful. The OC doesn't seem to know how to use the TE (among other issues).

If it was one thing, I'd feel better right now....


Perhaps were not giving enough credit to the Seahawks defense. Ponder wasnt that bad against Tampa or Washington, he had over 250 yards each game. Cleraly they werent incompetent those games.

However, the Seahawks defense was one that most had as a top 3 unit going into this game. Given that the game was in Seattle, it should have been pretty clear that they were going to smother the Vikes passing game.


I don't know if you watched the Tampa game, but Ponder salvaged his stat line with major yardage in garbage time. So that point of view does not quite hold water.


This it has been 3 straight weeks now he has played horrible. No progression at all only regression
_________________
Don't even know what to think about the vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
Zephiel wrote:
Tom Pelissero said it best, I think, on his Video wrap-up. We're not just seeing bad passing offense, we're seeing incompetent passing offense. There are tons of issues with that aspect of this team.


Right. the QB is bad. The OGs are below average or bad. The WRs are awful. The OC doesn't seem to know how to use the TE (among other issues).

If it was one thing, I'd feel better right now....


Perhaps were not giving enough credit to the Seahawks defense. Ponder wasnt that bad against Tampa or Washington, he had over 250 yards each game. Cleraly they werent incompetent those games.

However, the Seahawks defense was one that most had as a top 3 unit going into this game. Given that the game was in Seattle, it should have been pretty clear that they were going to smother the Vikes passing game.


I don't know if you watched the Tampa game, but Ponder salvaged his stat line with major yardage in garbage time. So that point of view does not quite hold water.


This it has been 3 straight weeks now he has played horrible. No progression at all only regression


Yep. And wait a minute, I just realized vr said Ponder wasn't that bad against Washington. Now I definitely know he didn't watch the games. He was so bad in that game, watching it was a form of masochism.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thestonedkoala


Joined: 28 Jan 2005
Posts: 4051
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:


I don't think it's all Musgrave. He's put into an impossible position.


It's definitely not all on Musgrave. Just like it's not all on Ponder, the WRs, the guards, or the defense. It's definitely a combination of all of the above.

However, I think that Musgrave's negative influence is still being understated even despite how much he's being talked about.

It's really incredible how many basic, basic WR and TE routes just flat out don't seem to be included in Musgrave's play book. In all of the games that I've watched this year, I can remember one (ONE!) slant route being thrown so far (Simpson's fumble play last week). That's flat out inexcusable in a west coast offense. And that's not even mentioning the complete lack of seam and in routes. It really bottles the mind.


Comes back to Frazier. I'm wondering if they are limiting Musgrave's playcalling because of how bad Ponder has been?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 26298
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Jefferson!!!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AQuintus


Joined: 16 Oct 2012
Posts: 1307
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peliserro has his game tape review of the game up now: http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Breaking_down_the_tape_from_the_Vikings_loss_to_the_Seahawks110512

Summary: Ponder was bad, the o- and d-lines were worse, and the receiving corp, minus Harvin (who was injured), shouldn't even be in the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 23995
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
Peliserro has his game tape review of the game up now: http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Breaking_down_the_tape_from_the_Vikings_loss_to_the_Seahawks110512

Summary: Ponder was bad, the o- and d-lines were worse, and the receiving corp, minus Harvin (who was injured), shouldn't even be in the league.

All things we've said here on FF.

We should be paid...
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47529
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Yep. And wait a minute, I just realized vr said Ponder wasn't that bad against Washington. Now I definitely know he didn't watch the games. He was so bad in that game, watching it was a form of masochism.


Jeez get a grip man.

Ponder threw for 350 and he almost put the team in position to come back in the end if it wasnt for RGIII and his heroics. I question if you actually watched he game. He stunk early on, but in the end he was making good throws and did enough to almost put the team in position to win.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Yep. And wait a minute, I just realized vr said Ponder wasn't that bad against Washington. Now I definitely know he didn't watch the games. He was so bad in that game, watching it was a form of masochism.


Jeez get a grip man.

Ponder threw for 350 and he almost put the team in position to come back in the end if it wasnt for RGIII and his heroics. I question if you actually watched he game. He stunk early on, but in the end he was making good throws and did enough to almost put the team in position to win.


What?! Are you serious? I think you should run the tape back. He threw a game-sealing pick 6 to Madieu Williams. He absolutely did not put us in any position to win; he gave that position away. I'm amazed that anyone could even think this.

This article recaps exactly how Ponder cost us the game:
http://firejerrykill.com/2012/10/18/ponder-fumbles-vikings-stumble/
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys. I'm glad Sidney Rice is finally healthy and able to show what he can do again Very Happy I'm sure vikedaddy is loving it.

Whoever I sig bet, don't worry about it. I'm in no mood to get a sig so you're off the hook.

Good luck the rest of the way gentlemen!
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TearsOfPurple


Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Posts: 609
Location: Mankato, Minnesota
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Yep. And wait a minute, I just realized vr said Ponder wasn't that bad against Washington. Now I definitely know he didn't watch the games. He was so bad in that game, watching it was a form of masochism.


Jeez get a grip man.

Ponder threw for 350 and he almost put the team in position to come back in the end if it wasnt for RGIII and his heroics. I question if you actually watched he game. He stunk early on, but in the end he was making good throws and did enough to almost put the team in position to win.


What?! Are you serious? I think you should run the tape back. He threw a game-sealing pick 6 to Madieu Williams. He absolutely did not put us in any position to win; he gave that position away. I'm amazed that anyone could even think this.

This article recaps exactly how Ponder cost us the game:
http://firejerrykill.com/2012/10/18/ponder-fumbles-vikings-stumble/


Ponder was not the reason we lost that...
_________________

#TankItTeddy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Did you read the article? I bet not. Nor did you refute any of the points I made. Why say he's not the reason and provide no supportive argument? What's the point?
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group