Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: VIKINGS (5-3) at Seahawks (4-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Zephiel wrote:
Tom Pelissero said it best, I think, on his Video wrap-up. We're not just seeing bad passing offense, we're seeing incompetent passing offense. There are tons of issues with that aspect of this team.

Right. the QB is bad. The OGs are below average or bad. The WRs are awful. The OC doesn't seem to know how to use the TE (among other issues).

If it was one thing, I'd feel better right now....

Perhaps were not giving enough credit to the Seahawks defense. Ponder wasnt that bad against Tampa or Washington, he had over 250 yards each game. Cleraly they werent incompetent those games.

However, the Seahawks defense was one that most had as a top 3 unit going into this game. Given that the game was in Seattle, it should have been pretty clear that they were going to smother the Vikes passing game.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with that for sure. The Seattle's are a great defense. But no defense is that great. And it is two weeks in a row that it has been really, really bad.

But, and I hate to say this, but it is reminding me of TJack some. He had those really nice games after Frerotte got hurt, and then was crushed by the Eagles and never really played again.....

That said, I think Ponder is 5x the QB TJack was/is....

And, they did score a decent number of points against Seattle, as disconcerting as Ponder is the Vikes' defense lately....
AQuintus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:

I don't think it's all Musgrave. He's put into an impossible position.

It's definitely not all on Musgrave. Just like it's not all on Ponder, the WRs, the guards, or the defense. It's definitely a combination of all of the above.

However, I think that Musgrave's negative influence is still being understated even despite how much he's being talked about.

It's really incredible how many basic, basic WR and TE routes just flat out don't seem to be included in Musgrave's play book. In all of the games that I've watched this year, I can remember one (ONE!) slant route being thrown so far (Simpson's fumble play last week). That's flat out inexcusable in a west coast offense. And that's not even mentioning the complete lack of seam and in routes. It really bottles the mind.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
Zephiel wrote:
Tom Pelissero said it best, I think, on his Video wrap-up. We're not just seeing bad passing offense, we're seeing incompetent passing offense. There are tons of issues with that aspect of this team.

Right. the QB is bad. The OGs are below average or bad. The WRs are awful. The OC doesn't seem to know how to use the TE (among other issues).

Perhaps were not giving enough credit to the Seahawks defense. Ponder wasnt that bad against Tampa or Washington, he had over 250 yards each game. Cleraly they werent incompetent those games.

However, the Seahawks defense was one that most had as a top 3 unit going into this game. Given that the game was in Seattle, it should have been pretty clear that they were going to smother the Vikes passing game.

I don't know if you watched the Tampa game, but Ponder salvaged his stat line with major yardage in garbage time. So that point of view does not quite hold water.

Peppers90 on the sig.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
Zephiel wrote:

I don't know if you watched the Tampa game, but Ponder salvaged his stat line with major yardage in garbage time. So that point of view does not quite hold water.

This it has been 3 straight weeks now he has played horrible. No progression at all only regression
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
PrplChilPill wrote:
Zephiel wrote:

This it has been 3 straight weeks now he has played horrible. No progression at all only regression

Yep. And wait a minute, I just realized vr said Ponder wasn't that bad against Washington. Now I definitely know he didn't watch the games. He was so bad in that game, watching it was a form of masochism.

Peppers90 on the sig.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:

I don't think it's all Musgrave. He's put into an impossible position.

It's definitely not all on Musgrave. Just like it's not all on Ponder, the WRs, the guards, or the defense. It's definitely a combination of all of the above.

However, I think that Musgrave's negative influence is still being understated even despite how much he's being talked about.

It's really incredible how many basic, basic WR and TE routes just flat out don't seem to be included in Musgrave's play book. In all of the games that I've watched this year, I can remember one (ONE!) slant route being thrown so far (Simpson's fumble play last week). That's flat out inexcusable in a west coast offense. And that's not even mentioning the complete lack of seam and in routes. It really bottles the mind.

Comes back to Frazier. I'm wondering if they are limiting Musgrave's playcalling because of how bad Ponder has been?
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ Jefferson!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peliserro has his game tape review of the game up now: http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Breaking_down_the_tape_from_the_Vikings_loss_to_the_Seahawks110512

Summary: Ponder was bad, the o- and d-lines were worse, and the receiving corp, minus Harvin (who was injured), shouldn't even be in the league.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
Peliserro has his game tape review of the game up now: http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Breaking_down_the_tape_from_the_Vikings_loss_to_the_Seahawks110512

Summary: Ponder was bad, the o- and d-lines were worse, and the receiving corp, minus Harvin (who was injured), shouldn't even be in the league.

All things we've said here on FF.

We should be paid...
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Yep. And wait a minute, I just realized vr said Ponder wasn't that bad against Washington. Now I definitely know he didn't watch the games. He was so bad in that game, watching it was a form of masochism.

Jeez get a grip man.

Ponder threw for 350 and he almost put the team in position to come back in the end if it wasnt for RGIII and his heroics. I question if you actually watched he game. He stunk early on, but in the end he was making good throws and did enough to almost put the team in position to win.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Jeez get a grip man.

Ponder threw for 350 and he almost put the team in position to come back in the end if it wasnt for RGIII and his heroics. I question if you actually watched he game. He stunk early on, but in the end he was making good throws and did enough to almost put the team in position to win.

What?! Are you serious? I think you should run the tape back. He threw a game-sealing pick 6 to Madieu Williams. He absolutely did not put us in any position to win; he gave that position away. I'm amazed that anyone could even think this.

This article recaps exactly how Ponder cost us the game:
http://firejerrykill.com/2012/10/18/ponder-fumbles-vikings-stumble/

Peppers90 on the sig.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys. I'm glad Sidney Rice is finally healthy and able to show what he can do again Very Happy I'm sure vikedaddy is loving it.

Whoever I sig bet, don't worry about it. I'm in no mood to get a sig so you're off the hook.

Good luck the rest of the way gentlemen!
TearsOfPurple

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Jeez get a grip man.

What?! Are you serious? I think you should run the tape back. He threw a game-sealing pick 6 to Madieu Williams. He absolutely did not put us in any position to win; he gave that position away. I'm amazed that anyone could even think this.

This article recaps exactly how Ponder cost us the game:
http://firejerrykill.com/2012/10/18/ponder-fumbles-vikings-stumble/

Ponder was not the reason we lost that...

#TankItTeddy
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Did you read the article? I bet not. Nor did you refute any of the points I made. Why say he's not the reason and provide no supportive argument? What's the point?

Peppers90 on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42

Jump to: