Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: VIKINGS (5-3) at Seahawks (4-3)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ktarinze

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
Frazier said he needs to go back and look at the tape to see what went wrong with the passing game...

He says things like that every week and it just reinforces why he's not fit to be a coach in this league. If you can't begin to get a read on what's happening in a particular aspect of the game, in-game, what good are you as a head of an organization in the NFL?

your post have been spot on today
AQuintus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeADunn wrote:
But seriously though. How does Adrian only get 5 carries in the 2nd half (1 in the 4th quarter)?

Musgrave's "Prevent" offense
arKnaD7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives: Special Teams (I thought Kluwe had a very good game), Adrian Peterson

Negatives: Everything else

I am really just baffled by this game and team. I think we all knew they would come back to earth from the hot start, but the main and emergency parachute failed to deploy. Why can't Ponder complete simple passes? Why does Rudolph get no targets? Why do they stop running the ball when it has been so effective? Why can't they tackle (remember the 49ers game, that was great)? Why is Harvin playing when he clearly can't change direction? Why didn't Webb get a drive?

The most frustrating thing, I think the Vikings win that game with competent play form their QB.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
this providence wrote:
Frazier said he needs to go back and look at the tape to see what went wrong with the passing game...

He says things like that every week and it just reinforces why he's not fit to be a coach in this league. If you can't begin to get a read on what's happening in a particular aspect of the game, in-game, what good are you as a head of an organization in the NFL?

your post have been spot on today
They usually are, this providence usually has pretty sharp analysis.

I thought Frazier had the team pretty well coached early on. Their coaching job in the San Fran game was one of the best of the year.

Since the Skins game, where the team should have been up 21-0, and settled for 9-0, it's been all downhill since. The team is getting outplayed and outcoached.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team is generally outmatched at this point. They are lacking offensive talent at key positions and the defense has been quite brutal stopping the run the past month. This team is built to take away the running game and force teams to be one dimensional. It just isnt happening, clearly Letroy Guion, Kevin Williams, and Jasper Brinkley need to be replaced. Maybe throw in Erin Henderson in there as well.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11/22, 63 yds, 0 TDs, 1 INT.

There is no excuse for that abysmal a performance. And those are just the written stats. Consistent overthrows, underthrows, no pocket awareness, no calm under pressure. Nothing to be proud of. He just doesn't have it.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:

There is no excuse for that abysmal a performance. And those are just the written stats. Consistent overthrows, underthrows, no pocket awareness, no calm under pressure. Nothing to be proud of. He just doesn't have it.

I agree with you with regret for I'm a Ponder backer.

This one should carry consequences for him. I would rather the team plan for Webb to start than have Webb come in at half time of the next game.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bermuda Viking wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

I agree with you with regret for I'm a Ponder backer.

This one should carry consequences for him. I would rather the team plan for Webb to start than have Webb come in at half time of the next game.

I know. You have my respect for owning up to it and just being forthright about it. I also do not have a problem with the Webb switch.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the bright side, our number 4 overall pick Matt Kalil is playing at a high level. He pushed Red Bryant around on multiple occasions today, and Red Bryant aint no slouch.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric dunn wrote:
On the bright side, our number 4 overall pick Matt Kalil is playing at a high level. He pushed Red Bryant around on multiple occasions today, and Red Bryant aint no slouch.

Sullivan run blocked very well. Didn't get a confident read on his pass pro though

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
The team is generally outmatched at this point. They are lacking offensive talent at key positions and the defense has been quite brutal stopping the run the past month. This team is built to take away the running game and force teams to be one dimensional. It just isnt happening, clearly Letroy Guion, Kevin Williams, and Jasper Brinkley need to be replaced. Maybe throw in Erin Henderson in there as well.

Im not sure about replacing Kwill. He's a great leader on that defense and can still make plays. He just has no help next to him. Guion is a waste of space

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
VikeADunn wrote:
But seriously though. How does Adrian only get 5 carries in the 2nd half (1 in the 4th quarter)?

Musgrave's "Prevent" offense

I don't think it's all Musgrave. He's put into an impossible position.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Im not sure about replacing Kwill. He's a great leader on that defense and can still make plays. He just has no help next to him. Guion is a waste of space

Williams has made some plays in the run game, but he has been near invisible in terms of getting after the QB. Overall, he is getting run over and with his deal coming to an end, I would probably go in a different direction. Completely overhaul the DT spots.
Zephiel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Pelissero said it best, I think, on his Video wrap-up. We're not just seeing bad passing offense, we're seeing incompetent passing offense. There are tons of issues with that aspect of this team.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zephiel wrote:
Tom Pelissero said it best, I think, on his Video wrap-up. We're not just seeing bad passing offense, we're seeing incompetent passing offense. There are tons of issues with that aspect of this team.

Right. the QB is bad. The OGs are below average or bad. The WRs are awful. The OC doesn't seem to know how to use the TE (among other issues).

If it was one thing, I'd feel better right now....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 40 of 42

Jump to: