Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Daintrain28's Mock Offseason v.2013.3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Pretty much all players I have commented on before except for Matthews. Like him a lot if he works on his route running. He will need to test well, but has the measurables and does a good job showing up on game day despite the fact defenses know that is where Baby Rodgers is trying to go with the ball.

Not so sure why you feel we need to draft Benavides that high. I like him as a prospect for the Packers but I think you are really over drafting him. I still would not touch him until at least the 4th. I also do not see him beating out Barclay or Roten at a G position next year. That is a guy that will make it at C and C only next year IMO.

I'm predicting he will rise to late 2nd round, based on how well he has played this season.

I agree Benavides is a C only, however, I had him beating out Barclay and Van Roten for a roster spot, not the backup G positon. EDS' can play all three interior positions, and thus will be allows us flexibility to bring along a talented C backup, even if in reality he's the 3rd C.

BTW, don't forget, this is the last pick in Round 2. Is there really that much difference between the last pick in Round 2, and the first in Round 3?

Thanks packerbacker87 for the sig!
I Am Rodgers wrote:
We traded MD Jennings for Julius Peppers. TT DA WHITE WIZARD
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
Pretty much all players I have commented on before except for Matthews. Like him a lot if he works on his route running. He will need to test well, but has the measurables and does a good job showing up on game day despite the fact defenses know that is where Baby Rodgers is trying to go with the ball.

Not so sure why you feel we need to draft Benavides that high. I like him as a prospect for the Packers but I think you are really over drafting him. I still would not touch him until at least the 4th. I also do not see him beating out Barclay or Roten at a G position next year. That is a guy that will make it at C and C only next year IMO.

I'm predicting he will rise to late 2nd round, based on how well he has played this season.

I agree Benavides is a C only, however, I had him beating out Barclay and Van Roten for a roster spot, not the backup G positon. EDS' can play all three interior positions, and thus will be allows us flexibility to bring along a talented C backup, even if in reality he's the 3rd C.

BTW, don't forget, this is the last pick in Round 2. Is there really that much difference between the last pick in Round 2, and the first in Round 3?

Not really sure what makes him a late 2nd or an early 3rd except maybe desperation. He has played well for a lot of years. BUT.....Not a premium prospect at a less than premium position in terms of the draft, that screams day 3 pick to me all day. As much as I like the idea of him in Titletown, that is a guy you can wait on. If someone takes him earlier than you do, that is fine. You can go on without him in that case.

Last edited by PackFan4Life on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
daintrain28 wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

Not really sure what makes him a late 2nd or an early 3rd accept maybe desperation. He has played well for a lot of years. BUT.....Not a premium prospect at a less than premium position in terms of the draft, that screams day 3 pick to me all day. As much as I like the idea of him in Titletown, that is a guy you can wait on. If someone takes him earlier than you do, that is fine. You can go on without him in that case.

And today, that is true. However, I'm predicting that between his high level of play, and his measurables, he will rise after the season is over.

I do see considerable drop of after him. To me, it's him or Barret Jones, and then a whole lotta scrubs.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
We really gonna cut Finley...really? Eh?

Why is that such a shocking notion? Jermichael has been very underwhelming on the field, a headache off the field and is owed $8mil next season. I think we'll hold onto him too, because Ted normally sees his investments through, but a restructure or a release would not shock me one bit.

He's not gonna have trade value at that salary price tag either, imo.

Solid mock, Dain. Really like Eifert.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiotPunch wrote:
justo wrote:
We really gonna cut Finley...really? Eh?

Why is that such a shocking notion? Jermichael has been very underwhelming on the field, a headache off the field and is owed $8mil next season. I think we'll hold onto him too, because Ted normally sees his investments through, but a restructure or a release would not shock me one bit.

He's not gonna have trade value at that salary price tag either, imo.

Solid mock, Dain. Really like Eifert.

Exactly is Finley worth 8 mil next year? I really don't see it. He also only got a 1 mil signing bonus so the cap hit of 500k is alot more appealing than paying him 8 mil. I can't see him taking a pay cut, and I can't see him accepting a long term deal at a bargain. He really does think he's worth that money. Forget anything off the field. At that price, at his production, why would you keep him? Just in case he finally puts it all together? Even if he does, he'll be a FA all over again.

I see absolutely no reason to keep Finley at this point.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No comments on the mock itself? I thought I hit the nail on the head rather effectively on this one, no?

I Am Rodgers wrote:
dcerb44

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daintrain28 wrote:
No comments on the mock itself? I thought I hit the nail on the head rather effectively on this one, no?

On the mock, taken into consideration the FA period outcome you had listed I don't mind it but I don't love it or hate it either.

LOVE:

Eifert: One of my favorite players this year, sans my ND homerism. Fantastic athlete and a great receiving threat as a big bodied guy. Has soft hands and leaps to the point of attack on the ball catching with the triangle shaped hands rather than his body. Guy who has to be accounted for on all offensive snaps and is a reliable target for the quarterback. Would be very happy with this pick.

Cobble: Haven't seen a ton of his play, but from what I have seen love the skill set the kid has. Reminds me a bit of Pickett where he won't make a large amount of plays but he'll always be dependable on clogging up that middle making the job easier for the boys around him. Very good value in my opinion at the end of Round 3.

Howard: Really enjoy watching him play. Has a nose for the ball whether it be in the air or on the ground. Comes up in run-support nicely and doesn't shy to much from contact and presses more than adequately than his frame would suggest.

HATE:

Benavides: Not so much the player but rather the slot and premium on the position. I've never been one to value a center that high unless he was a truly remarkable prospect. Plus I do believe EDS may be a good replacement for Saturday although time will tell on that.

Taylor: Not a fan at all with the player or skill set. Stiff in the hips and would be poor in coverage. Doesn't angle well while running downhill towards the running and struggles getting off blockers. Not ideal for a thumper.

INDIFFERENT:

Matthews: Don't get me wrong I really like the kid and the value/slot that you have us getting him at but if we were to lose both Fin and Jennings as you proposed I'd rather see us go WR earlier. Perhaps second round with Chris Harper from Kansas State? He's been slowly riding up my big board this year and is an incredible talent. Feel he's very underrated compared to his peers.

Overall not a bad mock Dain. Always nice to bring up new prospects so we can evaluate and formulate our opinions on them and how they'd do with the Packers. Always interesting to see the variance in opinions too. Glad to see you're still doing these.

pf9 wrote:
This should definitely be McCarthy's swan song. If we're lucky Bret Bielema will come back to this state and coach the Pack next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: