Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Jennings To Have Surgery on His Groin
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 3413
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Greg Jennings To Have Surgery on His Groin Reply with quote

Link.

Quote:
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings will have surgery next Tuesday to repair the groin injury that has limited him to three games this season.


Quote:
Jennings didn't give a timetable for his return Thursday, but says the recovery won't end his season.


Well, I guess it's good that the offense is clicking, but would still love to have him out there. Any idea how long one of these usually takes to heal?
_________________

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 35196
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...it took three weeks to realize that it needed surgery? Ugh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12590
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
So...it took three weeks to realize that it needed surgery? Ugh.


taking 3 weeks to see a specialist is a little crazy IMO. If I'm Greg Jennings, and if I'm not planning on staying in GB next year, I am getting my [inappropriate/removed] to a specialist asap to see how quickly I can come back. Huge mistake
_________________

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blink


Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 721
Location: Denver, CO
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're hoping he'll be back this season in time for the playoffs.

Unfortunately I think this signals the end for Greg in Green Bay.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheGreatZepp


Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 2844
Location: Brookfield, WI
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can only hope this goes for well for him and he's back to help by season's end.

Have to imagine this effects his market value to at least some degree as he's missed quite a bit of time in his career and he's never been a Adrian Peterson-esque fast healer.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 46337
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question is, if the offense is clicking without him, do we bring him back and give him big minutes in the playoffs? We all saw how injuries late in the season affected timing in our passing game last year.
_________________

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MNPackfan32


Joined: 22 Sep 2010
Posts: 7889
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Question is, if the offense is clicking without him, do we bring him back and give him big minutes in the playoffs? We all saw how injuries late in the season affected timing in our passing game last year.
This times a billion. I can see it all again. Offense is on fire, totally in rhythm and then you sub in Jennings and it all goes sour. If he is gunna be out that long I'd rather have him IR'd.
_________________



Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bkobow05


Joined: 16 Dec 2005
Posts: 46337
Location: Milwaukee, WI (PB87 on the RAD sig!)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
Question is, if the offense is clicking without him, do we bring him back and give him big minutes in the playoffs? We all saw how injuries late in the season affected timing in our passing game last year.
This times a billion. I can see it all again. Offense is on fire, totally in rhythm and then you sub in Jennings and it all goes sour. If he is gunna be out that long I'd rather have him IR'd.
If anything, you put him in Driver's role just to get him on the field some. He doesn't come in and take Jordy, Randall or JJ's minutes. They are all playing too well.
_________________

#JDI
#EmbraceTheH8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justo


Joined: 05 Aug 2012
Posts: 13094
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting is the worst method of recovery, at least in this part of the season. He's getting something done, now.
_________________
Pugger wrote:
Pugger? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
40Year Pack Fan


Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 712
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Greg Jennings To Have Surgery on His Groin Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Any idea how long one of these usually takes to heal?


They are talking 3-6 weeks....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terranimal


Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Posts: 256
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilde was saying though it could be season ending for Jennings....maybe he makes it back in time for the play-offs, but he was rusty when he came back against the Giants last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pack4life7


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 3218
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only good thing about this is now we might actually be able to keep him.
_________________
Ted brought us Clay

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo


Same Old Jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
phillipraz


Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Posts: 2781
Location: Phoenix, AZ
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Doctors expect Packers WR Greg Jennings to be sidelined about three weeks after he undergoes abdominal surgery Tuesday.


not that bad then. jags, cards, then bye.
_________________
Twitter: fill3up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo


Joined: 12 Oct 2008
Posts: 3413
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillipraz wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Doctors expect Packers WR Greg Jennings to be sidelined about three weeks after he undergoes abdominal surgery Tuesday.


not that bad then. jags, cards, then bye.


Well, he's having it next Tuesday, so it would be cards, bye, lions, and the earliest he could come back is against the Giants.
_________________

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phillipraz


Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Posts: 2781
Location: Phoenix, AZ
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Doctors expect Packers WR Greg Jennings to be sidelined about three weeks after he undergoes abdominal surgery Tuesday.


not that bad then. jags, cards, then bye.


Well, he's having it next Tuesday, so it would be cards, bye, lions, and the earliest he could come back is against the Giants.


ahh yeah you're right. thanks.
_________________
Twitter: fill3up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group