Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Following the Browns 1st Round Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that if Heckert is canned, I will be very upset.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heckart and Jauron need to stay IMO.

BTW

where is druid with his draft position number cruncher thingy???

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Warmack is ABSOLUTELY a top 15 talent... THIS YEAR.

Now, I wouldn't take him because it's not big enough of a need and drafting an OG top 10 is insanity.

A lot of people said the same things about DeCastro last year.

I've watched quite a few Alabama games this year. He's good, but he's not the "sure fire HOFer" that he is getting the hype to be.

It only takes one team, I guess.

Coming from someone who thought the DeCastro praise last year was absurd, I'd take War mack top 15. He's a beast and way better than DD. He blows guys up and would make our running game much more dangerous.

Ok first of all Warmack is the best lineman coming out of this draft. if he was a LT top pick easy. The fact that he is a guard and it twists everybodys underwear to take a guard high makes him mid round. I hope we end up 7-9 and pick him at like 12-15. Makes our offense better which is the obvious weak spot of our team. Give lanes to Richardson and that opens up our passing game cause I love our receivers and Weeden is inconsistent but he gets the ball downfield.

I will throw up if we take a guard in the top 15.

Theres maybe 5 players in this draft worth a top 15 pick. I bet this is one of those drafts where 10 of the top 20 players drafted do nothing. I'll take a pro bowl guard over the 6th best defensive linemen full of question marks.

With the exception of Jarvis Jones (ignoring the spinal injury), Star Loluletile (who plays our least needed position), Joeckel (who plays the other position we don't need), any maybe Manti Teo (who I like way less than I liked Kuechly) I don't see anybody worth getting excited about high in the draft.

I'm at the point right now where I am just hoping one of the D-Linemen can blow the top off the combine and prove they are worth a top pick. I'd be cool with Warmack because I think he'd give us a dangerous running game. Our offense blows right now and Warmack can do more to help it than anyone else in the draft.

yeah id rather take teo at #1 overall than a G in the top 15
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21218771/report-nc-state-cb-amerson-heading-to-nfl

Report: NC State CB Amerson heading to NFL
By Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com

December 1, 2012 1:16 pm ET

0 | Comment

Amerson's size and 18 career interceptions make him one of the more intriguing defensive backs in the country. (US Presswire)
With the NFL increasingly turning to the passing game, playmaking defensive backs have never held more value.

It appears North Carolina State junior cornerback David Amerson is banking on that fact, as he'll be making the jump to the NFL a year early, according to a report. Neither Amerson, nor North Carolina State have yet to publicly comment on the report.

Amerson exploded onto the scene last year, leading the country with 10 interceptions and earning All-American honors for the Wolfpack. As such, he entered this season viewed as a potential top-20 prospect. Amerson's junior season, however, hasn't gone as well as he'd hoped and his stock has suffered as a result.

The 6-foot-3, 194-pound junior saw his pass thefts more than cut in half this year. But if N.C. State's victory over Boston College on Nov. 24 was indeed his final game, he is leaving on a high note -- recording his fifth interception of the year and returning it 55 yards for a touchdown in the 27-10 victory. The touchdown was the third that Amerson has scored off of an interception over his career.

Amerson, who ranks behind just Alabama's Dee Milliner and Florida State's Xavier Rhodes on NFLDraftScout.com's list of the top junior cornerbacks, might have the statistics and size to earn first-round buzz. But he is far from a sure thing to earn a spot among the top 32 picks in 2013.

NickZambo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
I agree that if Heckert is canned, I will be very upset.

I agree infinity percent. Matter of fact, if Lombardi is brought in, I might freak out and go on a Flying J tour after consuming copious amounts of beano, not flush AND leave the seat up!

JUST SAY NO

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm putting Amerson at FS if I draft him, let him roam and play CF what he does best

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

NickZambo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21218771/report-nc-state-cb-amerson-heading-to-nfl

Report: NC State CB Amerson heading to NFL
By Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.com

December 1, 2012 1:16 pm ET

0 | Comment

Amerson's size and 18 career interceptions make him one of the more intriguing defensive backs in the country. (US Presswire)
With the NFL increasingly turning to the passing game, playmaking defensive backs have never held more value.

It appears North Carolina State junior cornerback David Amerson is banking on that fact, as he'll be making the jump to the NFL a year early, according to a report. Neither Amerson, nor North Carolina State have yet to publicly comment on the report.

Amerson exploded onto the scene last year, leading the country with 10 interceptions and earning All-American honors for the Wolfpack. As such, he entered this season viewed as a potential top-20 prospect. Amerson's junior season, however, hasn't gone as well as he'd hoped and his stock has suffered as a result.

The 6-foot-3, 194-pound junior saw his pass thefts more than cut in half this year. But if N.C. State's victory over Boston College on Nov. 24 was indeed his final game, he is leaving on a high note -- recording his fifth interception of the year and returning it 55 yards for a touchdown in the 27-10 victory. The touchdown was the third that Amerson has scored off of an interception over his career.

Amerson, who ranks behind just Alabama's Dee Milliner and Florida State's Xavier Rhodes on NFLDraftScout.com's list of the top junior cornerbacks, might have the statistics and size to earn first-round buzz. But he is far from a sure thing to earn a spot among the top 32 picks in 2013.

I understand we are in need of a CB#2 right now. But remember we just signed Demitri Patterson to a multiyear deal. If he comes back healthy, he is your #2, you move back Brown and Skrine to nickle and dime/rotation. Point is, this dude might be a great prospect, but I would focus on drafting Teo anyway you can. Just my $.02

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go 8-8 and end up picking at about pick 16 I could live with a Guard but I wont be overly happy about it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there is a great corner prospect worth taking at our pick, I would take him and not think twice.

Brown is winding down.

Patterson has been hurt and even when healthy is nothing special.

Skrine is well Skrine

If we could get a 2nd lockdown corner, this team could be sooooooooo good.

I understand pass rusher is a bigger need, but it's close.

take the better player

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
brownie man

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I'm putting Amerson at FS if I draft him, let him roam and play CF what he does best

Man I think thats a great idea honestly. Allowing us to have a ball hawking rangy free safety would help out our corners with that deep ball allowing them to be more aggressive and keep TJ in the box where he needs to be.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

Man I think thats a great idea honestly. Allowing us to have a ball hawking rangy free safety would help out our corners with that deep ball allowing them to be more aggressive and keep TJ in the box where he needs to be.
It will also somewhat hide his horrible tackling

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:

I understand we are in need of a CB#2 right now. But remember we just signed Demitri Patterson to a multiyear deal. If he comes back healthy, he is your #2, you move back Brown and Skrine to nickle and dime/rotation. Point is, this dude might be a great prospect, but I would focus on drafting Teo anyway you can. Just my $.02

24 Brown, Sheldon DB 5-10 200 33 11 South Carolina
21 Patterson, Dimitri DB 5-10 200 29 6 Tuskegee

Patterson is getting old and is at best a journeyman nickel/dime corner.

mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

no, at best hes a pretty sweet nickel corner.
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Gets injured too much and apparently can't/won't play through pain. So what's the answer for all the games he doesn't play?
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
NickZambo wrote:

Gets injured too much and apparently can't/won't play through pain. So what's the answer for all the games he doesn't play?

Yeah how does any of that disprove the fact that at best, he's a pretty sweet nickel corner?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 14 of 29

Jump to: