Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Following the Browns 1st Round Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
DawgX wrote:
TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
So I feel like CB and FS need to be addressed more than LB play. I still really love Robertson and he has played solid especially for where we got him. Which was the streets. With Gocong coming back I could see better play happening. But, outside of Haden it just gets ugly at corner and I dont really wanna get into the FS play. Geesh.

Oh, FS & CB are far bigger needs than LB. Robertson has been very good considering he was an UDFA and how inexperienced he is. He should only improve. Gocong is above average at SLB and JMJ has looked good at times and he's only played in a few games.

Problem is, there's no FS worth taking high in the draft. Ideally, the Browns will be able to sign a FS via free agency. Maybe they could sign a cornerback as well.

This is absolutely the route they need to take. I would much rather target both a CB and FS in free agency. Let's use that 1st rd pick on a DE or Te'o

Exactly

I know we are a long way off, but at this point I'm thinking Teo or Moore with our 1st. I don't like the other options that much.

Again, it's very early.

Using FA is must.... unless a miraculous trade down occurs for multiple picks with the Rams, Bengals, or Dolphins, which I dont expect at all.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty simple for me. With no safety worthy of a top 20 pick it comes down to c.b. or def. end. B.P.A. between those two positions. Like I said easy for me a lot harder for the G.M. We have to hope the G.M. knows his stuff. Free agency could also help make that decision. Like Heckert and Holmgren both said you never have enough def. backs. Holmgren is gone though and Heckert probably follows in his footsteps.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
joelflynn44

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not seen many LSU games this year. Has the safety Reid taken a major step back? Guy eas a ball hawk and good in run support last year..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joelflynn44 wrote:
I have not seen many LSU games this year. Has the safety Reid taken a major step back? Guy eas a ball hawk and good in run support last year..

Misses too many tackles for my liking. He's not Top 10 prospect by any means.

Jamison on the sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:

Yeah, not overly impressed with one on LSU's defense. Minter (sp?) the LB looks better than the higher rater players on that D.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:

Yeah, not overly impressed with one on LSU's defense. Minter (sp?) the LB looks better than the higher rater players on that D.

No way. I'd happily take Sam Montgomery over Minter.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:

I don't want any of them from I've seen on Saturdays....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:

Sam Montgomery consistently controls his gap and takes care of his buisness. He can't do anything more than what he his asked to do. When players start trying to do more than their job that is when they get out of position and get beat for big plays. I really like what Montgomery has done this season. A lot of the guys around him are failing including his running mate Barkevious Mingo who is always out of position.

Jamison on the sig
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
ReggieCamp wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
joelflynn44 wrote:

Sam Montgomery consistently controls his gap and takes care of his buisness. He can't do anything more than what he his asked to do. When players start trying to do more than their job that is when they get out of position and get beat for big plays. I really like what Montgomery has done this season. A lot of the guys around him are failing including his running mate Barkevious Mingo who is always out of position.

I can only really base my opinion of what I see in games, and what little I read on CBS.... He is rated really good, but When I have watched LSU play Montgomery has not been a major player. - unlike some of the other top defensive players on other teams.

He could be a great pick, but not in the top 5.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think we could have a potential FS in David Amerson. Dude has great ball skills just doesnt have the skills to be a prime time corner, but at FS he has the range abilities and athletisim to break on the ball. Id take him with a trade down. If not I'm going T'eo or Moore.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
I do think we could have a potential FS in David Amerson. Dude has great ball skills just doesnt have the skills to be a prime time corner, but at FS he has the range abilities and athletisim to break on the ball. Id take him with a trade down. If not I'm going T'eo or Moore.

Oh Amerson and Rhodes for that matter "could" be real good FS's in the NFL. BUT.....

#1 Not many FS's are worth a top 10 pick let alone a top 5 pick.

#2 Not a fan of drafting a player in the top 5/10 just to change his position.

#3 Pure opinion/gut feeling here, but I don't see the 1st pick of Haslam/Banner era having to medically cleared IE J.Jones or being drafted from one position to play another. They don't strike me as the riverboat gambler types. Oh and i know they won't be selecting the pick but the will be ok'ing it though.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
brownie man wrote:

Oh Amerson and Rhodes for that matter "could" be real good FS's in the NFL. BUT.....

#3 Pure opinion/gut feeling here, but I don't see the 1st pick of Haslam/Banner era having to medically cleared IE J.Jones or being drafted from one position to play another. They don't strike me as the riverboat gambler types. Oh and i know they won't be selecting the pick but the will be ok'ing it though.

#2 is a big one for me.

Shame there is no Eric berry in this draft. He would probably be my top choice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
big poppa pump wrote:
DawgX wrote:
TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
So I feel like CB and FS need to be addressed more than LB play. I still really love Robertson and he has played solid especially for where we got him. Which was the streets. With Gocong coming back I could see better play happening. But, outside of Haden it just gets ugly at corner and I dont really wanna get into the FS play. Geesh.

Oh, FS & CB are far bigger needs than LB. Robertson has been very good considering he was an UDFA and how inexperienced he is. He should only improve. Gocong is above average at SLB and JMJ has looked good at times and he's only played in a few games.

Problem is, there's no FS worth taking high in the draft. Ideally, the Browns will be able to sign a FS via free agency. Maybe they could sign a cornerback as well.

This is absolutely the route they need to take. I would much rather target both a CB and FS in free agency. Let's use that 1st rd pick on a DE or Te'o

Exactly

I know we are a long way off, but at this point I'm thinking Teo or Moore with our 1st. I don't like the other options that much.

Again, it's very early.

Using FA is must.... unless a miraculous trade down occurs for multiple picks with the Rams, Bengals, or Dolphins, which I dont expect at all.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15077660#15077660

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
brownie man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
brownie man wrote:

Oh yeah I'm not taking top 10 pick I'm thinking Julio Jones type trade down more around the 20s. And I feel you about the position change, but he has combine and private workouts to prove he could be that FS. Its been done before.

With 3 possibly you never know I understand your reasoning but with a trade down that could change alot who thought we were gonna draft Phil Taylor you never know what scheme coaches want to run and things like that, but talent and need wise Amerson fits the bill.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'bout to update the order here in a few, didn't get a chance to do them last week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 8 of 29

Jump to: