Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Following the Browns 1st Round Pick
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Following the Browns 1st Round Pick Reply with quote

Week 11

Last edited by TeHDruiD on Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the #2 pick in the draft, who would you take?

It's a tough decision for me, I'd prefer to trade out of it to a team in need of a QB. However after looking at the teams picking behind us, I don't see any viable options within the top 10. You could argue that Jaguars and Raiders could possibly move up, but I think they'll hold out hope on their current QB situations. I feel like the Bills are the first legit option at #11

So if I can't trade out, I have no idea what I'd want to do at #2. I'm a huge fan of Weeden, I don't think I'd pull the trigger on whatever QB the Chiefs don't take. The problem though is I feel their isn't really a prospect worthy of the #2 pick. You could name off 5 or 6 names who could be the pick, but I'm not a huge fan of any of them at #2

So who would you all take?
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:

It's a tough decision for me, I'd prefer to trade out of it to a team in need of a QB. However after looking at the teams picking behind us, I don't see any viable options within the top 10. You could argue that Jaguars and Raiders could possibly move up, but I think they'll hold out hope on their current QB situations. I feel like the Bills are the first legit option at #11

So if I can't trade out, I have no idea what I'd want to do at #2. I'm a huge fan of Weeden, I don't think I'd pull the trigger on whatever QB the Chiefs don't take. The problem though is I feel their isn't really a prospect worthy of the #2 pick. You could name off 5 or 6 names who could be the pick, but I'm not a huge fan of any of them at #2

That there how it sits now is a nightmare. If we are going to stay there we need the chiefs to win a few games because they are the team I thought we might be able to trade with earlier in the season.
Then they had to go and suck and ruin that plan.

If we get stuck at 2 I think we end up reaching on a CB or DE.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dam the more I look at that list the harder I think trading back is going to be.

Even in that top 20 I don't see many chances.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without a doubt I take at#2 Jarvis Jones, LB Georgia. He is a beast and can rush the passer like no one we've had at LB. The kid should be a huge stud and is no reach at #2. If we can trade down a few and grab a 2nd pick I'd like a DB and a guard in the 2nd
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats unbelieable to me is 19 teams are 3-4 or worse.

I just can't even fathom how odd of a year this is.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, you have to take Jarvis Jones.

Normally I would hate taking an OLB in the top 10, let alone 2nd, but....

No Pass Rusher has stood tall above the pick, nor have any really looked elite.

No Corner appears to be elite

No WR looks to be elite

Hell, no player in this draft looks to be elite

If we can't trade down, which is likely if we are stuck at 2, Jarvis is BPA and also a big need.

Damn

Our best scenario is picking #1 and having the Chiefs picking around 5. That way, they would have to jump another team to get Geno. That would be by trading with us. I am assuming that Khan from Jacksonville will be getting rid of Gabbert and that the Raiders will make a play as well.

I know Barkley is there also, but I think Geno will be looked at as far and away the better prospect and will have RGIII like hype.

This looks like the worst class in a long time.

Pretty excited that we used that 2nd rounder on Gordon, who already is proving his worth. Heckert FTW on that one

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:

Actually, I think OAK, JAX, BUF, and PHI could all be looking for new QBs by the end of the season.

If I weren't able to trade out I think the names to consider would include...

Matt Barkley
Sam Montgomery
Dion Jordan
Bjeorn Werner
Jarvis Jones
Robert Woods
Manti Te'o

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

Actually, I think OAK, JAX, BUF, and PHI could all be looking for new QBs by the end of the season.

If I weren't able to trade out I think the names to consider would include...

Matt Barkley
Sam Montgomery
Dion Jordan
Bjeorn Werner
Jarvis Jones
Robert Woods
Manti Te'o

I like this list but doubt the majority would be selected at 2. I see top two being the quarterbacks like last year ever since paying the #1 has become so much cheaper.

I think our first pick will be traded down so someone can pick Smith/Barkley. Here are the names I like at this part of the season.

Dion Jordan
Jarvis Jones
Damontre Moore
Dee Milliner
David Amerson-If moved to safety
Manti Te'o
bulldog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate this draft.

Can we just trade all the way down to the second round for a bunch of 2014 draft picks????
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are stuck at 2 you take the player you think will be the best player out of the draft. I don't care what position he is. Especially with a weak draft. If it's a position that we are deep at than we will be even deeper Laughing Possible trade for a draft pick down the road.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig
freakygeniuskid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
If we are stuck at 2 you take the player you think will be the best player out of the draft. I don't care what position he is. Especially with a weak draft. If it's a position that we are deep at than we will be even deeper Laughing Possible trade for a draft pick down the road.

With this reasoning, I would probably go Star Lotuleilei, but I don't think we need a 5 deep at DT.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:

With this reasoning, I would probably go Star Lotuleilei, but I don't think we need a 5 deep at DT.

Maybe somebody would want to trade up for the stud DT?

Its been done before. Its an important position.

Panthers, Chargers, and Colts could all use a guy like that. Just a possibility that I don't think anyone has considered. And, obviously, we wouldn't be able to get a RGIII style trade down, but even if we got a 2nd next year and mabye a 3rd or 4th this year, I'd go for it.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^

You know, Star really is the best player in the draft so far.

Drafting for need is bad

Just because we don't need another DT, doesn't mean we shouldn't take him.

Rubin is older and not a great pass rusher. Taylor is young and coming off an injury, he had a good rookie campaign but not a great one. Wynn and Hughes have showed flashes.

It's not like we have perennial pro bowlers at DT.

Did anyone else see Star basically rape the USC Interior Oline. The Center of USC is said to be a top prospect.

The dude blows up plays without any real help around him.

I see him being Suh like as a rookie.

I'd take him in a heartbest.

Our run defense and pass rush would both improve dramatically.

He would draw double teams all the time.

Star 13' !!!!!!!

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Bonanza23

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:

And in 5 years Star is a, well a star, and the other 9 top 10 players are mediocre at best we'd be kicking ourselves and the GM. In a crappy draft you HAVE to take who you think will be the best player of the draft. Otherwise you are just wasting a pick.

Ideally this year (if it indeed is as crappy as some here suggest) I would love to trade down and hope to get a future 1st. Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch as much college as I'd like so I'm not familiar with a whole lot of players.

Thanks to ReggieCamp on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: