Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If you were Rick...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freakout

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
AQuintus wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
I haven't read through the entire thread, so maybe this has been covered. What I'm wondering is if there are any Steve Hutchinson quality guards out there who would be worth selecting with our first round pick?

Chance Warmack and Barret Jones, both from Alabama, both project to be pro bowl type guards.

I dont think I could ever support taking a Guard in the top 20, especially for a team that has several first round worthy needs. Especially in a deep draft class, there should be some good guards falling to round 3 or 4 if the draft is as deep as advertised.

Yeah but those taken in round 3 and 4 normally sit a year. My worry is there are teams at the bottom of the first round that need guard's and then in the second you have teams like the Titans and Rams desperate for interior linemen.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
VIKENATOR2 wrote:
If I'm Rick here is what I am doing:
- Pick up a Big bodied wide receiver in FA
1. Lb/Dt
2. G or WR
Trade 3 and a 4 pick to get back in the second to get either a safety or one of the positions specified above that dropped due to depth. After that look at cornerbacks, another WR, and possibly a tight end to replace Carlson.

It would probably cost more than a 3rd and 4th to get into the 2nd rd. MN will be picking in the middle of the rounds so your probably going to have to trade both 4th rd picks with the third round pick.

Perhaps then just trade a 3rd and 4th to move up in the 3rd if a player we covet falls? I like this off-season idea, but would pick up 2 WR FA's if possible. It will be interesting to see who teams let walk, due to a variety of circumstances. I'd go G/DT/LB our first 3 picks, not necessarily in that order, and depend on FA's to fill our other holes.

In my ideal world we'd be able to pry Greg Jennings away from Green Bay to be our number one guy. However, I feel like he will go to a place that has a more stable QB situation. I like Ramses Barden from the Giants, as I feel like he will move on due to the Giants having a trillion WRs it seems. I really don't like any of the LBs in free agency this year, and I love Te'o's on the field abilities and leadership, plus I really feel like this is a pick Spielmen would definitely make. Then with one of the receivers we pick up in FA we can go after one of the DTs that fell into the second round. After that a safety or perhaps another WR by trading up.

Props to Deadpulse
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated wish list for the draft...
First Round - (Who ever is ranked highest and stil there when we pick) BPA: OG(Chance Warmack), DT(John Jenkins, Sheldon Richardson, Sharrif Floyd), or LB(Manti Te'o)

Second Round - BPA: OG, DT, WR, LB, S
(Jonathan Cooper, Larry Warford, Arthur Brown, Sylvester Williams, Cordarrelle Patterson, Terrance Williams, Quinton Patton, Matt Elam, Tony Jefferson)

Third Round - BPA: OG, WR, LB, S, CB
(Aaron Dobson, Cobi Hamilton, Marcus Davis, Shayne Skov, Gerald Hodges, Jelani Jenkins, Jonathan Brown, Gabe Jackson, Robert Lester, Jamar Taylor, Terry Hawthorne)

Fourth Round - BPA: WR, CB, S

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/12/steelers-dump-alameda-taamu/

I am a fan of his athleticism. He appears to be a knucklehead, but he is young and would be a nice prospect to groom. He is huge, and could really fill that run-stuffer role that Pat Williams vacated. If he matures as a person, he could solidify that spot for a decade.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:

I am a fan of his athleticism. He appears to be a knucklehead, but he is young and would be a nice prospect to groom. He is huge, and could really fill that run-stuffer role that Pat Williams vacated. If he matures as a person, he could solidify that spot for a decade.

errr... the guy just got accused of five felonies. five.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

The Steelers have been desperate to find the heir to Casey Hampton, even they arent willing to put up with him.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

Oh...I thought this was for his DUI deal...was not aware of Five Felonies...

How about on work release? Laughing
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pittsburgh Steelers rookie nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu was arrested and charged with DUI and trying to flee police early Sunday morning after a wild car chase that allegedly included hitting multiple parked cars.

Ta'amu faces three felony counts of aggravated assault, a felony charge of fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer and a felony count of aggravated assault by vehicle while driving under the influence, according to court records. In total, Ta'amu faces five felonies in ten total charges.

not really Rick's kinda guy there, wc.

Webmaster wrote:

Last edited by vike daddy on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there isn't going to be any blow back from his arrests, like jail time. I'd bring him in for a tryout.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LostRoadStone wrote:
If there isn't going to be any blow back from his arrests, like jail time. I'd bring him in for a tryout.

You are apparently pretty tolerant then, because he sounds like a head case. This isn't just a case of a guy making 1 mistake.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:

You are apparently pretty tolerant then, because he sounds like a head case. This isn't just a case of a guy making 1 mistake.

All charges are from the same incident, so I would call that 1 bad mistake. And I don't recall Ta'Amu having any red flags for character concerns during the combine. A guy with Ta'Amu's abilities aren't easy to find, and with absolutely no downside to picking him up off of waivers, I see no reason to pass on a talented player.

But my guess is that he is looking at some jail time if the Steelers were will to cut him.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the 2012 CBS Sports Draft review:

Intangibles: Struggled with his weight early in his career. Has weighed as much as 390 pounds and played at 360 at times. Committed himself to extra conditioning and taking rice -- a staple of the Samoan culture -- out of his diet. Weighed in at 337 pounds for the 2011 Holiday Bowl. Voted a team captain in 2011, although the reputation for laziness continued to dog him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1689166/alameda-taamu

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be formally arraigned Dec. 31 on felony charges of aggravated assault by vehicle and fleeing and eluding police, as well as misdemeanor charges including resisting arrest, escape and DUI.

The Steelers suspended Ta'amu for two games, and he apologized after waiving his right to a preliminary hearing earlier this month. "If there was any other word I would say it, but 'sorry' is the only word I can say right now," Ta'amu told reporters on Nov. 8.

Ta'amu had been inactive for every game this season. Once considered the eventual replacement for Casey Hampton, Ta'amu couldn't beat out Steve McLendon for the backup nose tackle job.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8625264/alameda-taamu-cut-pittsburgh-steelers-month-dui-arrest

Webmaster wrote:
Freakout

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
He'll be formally arraigned Dec. 31 on felony charges of aggravated assault by vehicle and fleeing and eluding police, as well as misdemeanor charges including resisting arrest, escape and DUI.

The Steelers suspended Ta'amu for two games, and he apologized after waiving his right to a preliminary hearing earlier this month. "If there was any other word I would say it, but 'sorry' is the only word I can say right now," Ta'amu told reporters on Nov. 8.

Ta'amu had been inactive for every game this season. Once considered the eventual replacement for Casey Hampton, Ta'amu couldn't beat out Steve McLendon for the backup nose tackle job.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8625264/alameda-taamu-cut-pittsburgh-steelers-month-dui-arrest

One thing I'll say is I always felt he was miscast as a 3-4 NT.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they were to bring him in, then I suggest that he get Esera Tuaolo as a mentor. He was certainly a solid DT in the Vikings' system...and he still lives in the area.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: