Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs Patriots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Player of the Week for week 7?
Michael Brockers- 4 Tackles, 1 Sack
50%
 50%  [ 11 ]
Sam Bradford- 21/34 255 yards, 1 TD 1 INT
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Chris Givens- 3 Rec 73 yards
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
James Laurinaitis: 13 tackles
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
Steven Jackson- 57 yards, 4.75 YPC, 1 TD
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author Message
24isthelaw


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 7605
Location: Where the Patriots are
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
I knew the outcome of this game before we went into it. I love our team but we're rebuilding. The Pats are a much better team and honestly congrats. But at the end of the year we'll both have the same result no super bowl. So enjoy a small victory Pats.


Not really. More like your OC called the strangest game of the season and Bradley Fletcher forgot how to cover for a week.

As for the last part, gotta win small before you can win big. I'll take it. Good game guys and good luck knocking off the rest of the horses in that hellish division.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45631
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game to 24isthelaw, Sciz, Tz and the other Patriot fans who remained classy. This is going to be the first time this season that I will not go into the opposing forum and wish them good game after the classless actions by quite a few of their fans.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RamRod


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 9297
Location: Virginia
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're 2-17 without Amendola, 10-11 with him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Donut


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 12457
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Good game to 24isthelaw, Sciz, Tz and the other Patriot fans who remained classy. This is going to be the first time this season that I will not go into the opposing forum and wish them good game after the classless actions by quite a few of their fans.

I wouldnt a lot of the ones in here came off very toolish.

I didnt understand the gameplan by Shottenheimer. it was super conservative. The Safety play by Wilson and whoever back there w/ him was going to be bad except if it was McCourty(Because he's best S and CB and only real starting caliber guy except possibly Dennard). Givens torched Wilson after Dennard passed him off. After that I thought they were going to have Bradford just keep attacking deep and take advantage of the inexperience back there.

I hope you guys have a good rest of the season because I like Rams fans I've met and I respect the true ones that stick it out.
_________________
dhunt2402 wrote:
You're like the patron saint of roster bubble players Laughing
Adopt a Patriot:
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 41672
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got our arses handed to us lol. Still shocked..
How about we screw these London games, Thank
goodness for the bye. Let's see how we rebound.
_________________


BBL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45631
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Good game to 24isthelaw, Sciz, Tz and the other Patriot fans who remained classy. This is going to be the first time this season that I will not go into the opposing forum and wish them good game after the classless actions by quite a few of their fans.

I wouldnt a lot of the ones in here came off very toolish.

I didnt understand the gameplan by Shottenheimer. it was super conservative. The Safety play by Wilson and whoever back there w/ him was going to be bad except if it was McCourty(Because he's best S and CB and only real starting caliber guy except possibly Dennard). Givens torched Wilson after Dennard passed him off. After that I thought they were going to have Bradford just keep attacking deep and take advantage of the inexperience back there.

I hope you guys have a good rest of the season because I like Rams fans I've met and I respect the true ones that stick it out.


I can't say I understood it either. I understand not going for bombs when the Patriots supposedly were dropping their safeties really deep after the Givens bomb but what I can't understand is why we weren't utilizing intermediate passes and 12 to 20 yard patterns outside the hashes. Sam has always thrown the deep out and comeback extremely well.

It just was confusing. Although I understand why we dinked and dunked it after Richardson got hurt, Williams was hot garbage. He couldn't block anyone.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DistantRam


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 405
Location: London, England
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were totally inept yesterday: our pass rush didn't generate any pressure; our secondary was all over the place, thanks to New England's hurry-up offence; we couldn't stop the run; Gronkowski was left completely unmarked to do as he pleased; our receivers couldn't get any separation.

What really annoys me, though, is that although the Patriots were unquestionably the better team, their task was facilitated by the officiating crew. I will need to wait a week to watch the replay on GamePass (matches televised live in the UK are subject to a six-day blackout), but at least two of our penalties were questionable- to say the very least- and the Patriots got away with several holds and pass interference penalties of their own. The Patriots are a fine team and very hard to beat; when the officials are on their side too, they're impossible to beat.

As an aside, it was great to see former Rams like Jackie Slater, Marshall Faulk and Isaac Bruce at the pre-match tailgate party. The atmosphere pre-match and for the first quarter was superb but once the Patriots opened up a 21-7 lead, Wembley went quiet. I can't see a London franchise ever taking off, as most UK fans have supported their NFL team for years and aren't going to switch their allegiances just because there's a local option. Sure, there may be some novelty value and general NFL fans might go to the first few seasons in London, but that'll soon wear off (especially if the team is uncompetitive) and Wembley will be half full before too long. Throw in the travel problems and a London franchise simply isn't going to work in the long run.
_________________
I watched the Rams at Wembley and stayed until the bitter end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Halradio


Joined: 26 Feb 2005
Posts: 4325
Location: Washington
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Givens got dinged up and obviously wasn't the same afterwards.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=7430&line=245903&spln=1

He was the one Rams WR the Patriots absolutely had to pay attention to.

Gibson and Pettis are ok - but they would be fighting for the number 3 and 4 slots on any other team.

After the wheels fell off in the second quarter the run game was no longer a viable option so I don't care how bad your secondary is - when the other team HAS to pass things get a whole lot simpler.

As for the defense - nobody game plans better than Bill and company and they figured out the weakness in the Rams D (Safety/OLBs) and they had the perfect weapon in Gronk to exploit it.

With two first round picks - I can see the Rams spending one on a Safety if they thing he is worth it. I remember the last time the Rams had a chance to take a safety in round one - some guy named Troy - but they decided to take a DT named Jimmy instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3741
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
Givens got dinged up and obviously wasn't the same afterwards.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=7430&line=245903&spln=1

He was the one Rams WR the Patriots absolutely had to pay attention to.

Gibson and Pettis are ok - but they would be fighting for the number 3 and 4 slots on any other team.

After the wheels fell off in the second quarter the run game was no longer a viable option so I don't care how bad your secondary is - when the other team HAS to pass things get a whole lot simpler.

As for the defense - nobody game plans better than Bill and company and they figured out the weakness in the Rams D (Safety/OLBs) and they had the perfect weapon in Gronk to exploit it.

With two first round picks - I can see the Rams spending one on a Safety if they thing he is worth it. I remember the last time the Rams had a chance to take a safety in round one - some guy named Troy - but they decided to take a DT named Jimmy instead.


That is a little unfair. We had a pro-bowl caliber SS at the time in Archuleta while our run defense was worst in the league.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
goldfishwars


Joined: 27 Mar 2011
Posts: 8564
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
As for the last part, gotta win small before you can win big. I'll take it. Good game guys and good luck knocking off the rest of the horses in that hellish division.


True this - I've seen the Rams play much better than what went on yesterday, definitely a team on the up and if you're able to make the most of those high picks next year, there's no reason why the Rams should not be a real force in 2013.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46446
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone's still wondering, there was no OPI by Lloyd on the Woodhead catch on the first drive because he was behind the LOS.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45631
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
If anyone's still wondering, there was no OPI by Lloyd on the Woodhead catch on the first drive because he was behind the LOS.


I'm too lazy to actually check the rule to make sure this is correct but lets say you're right, does that also not make it a block in the back as well? Because Lloyd pretty clearly had both his hands on the 5 on the back of Dunbar's jersey.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46446
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
If anyone's still wondering, there was no OPI by Lloyd on the Woodhead catch on the first drive because he was behind the LOS.


I'm too lazy to actually check the rule to make sure this is correct but lets say you're right, does that also not make it a block in the back as well? Because Lloyd pretty clearly had both his hands on the 5 on the back of Dunbar's jersey.
Pretty sure the same idea applies. Until both players involved are past the LOS, pass blocking rules apply. In other words, anything short of holding or clipping is allowed.

edit: Just re-watched the play, and Lloyd pretty clearly pushed Dunbar in the side, not the back, so it wouldn't have been called regardless.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45631
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
If anyone's still wondering, there was no OPI by Lloyd on the Woodhead catch on the first drive because he was behind the LOS.


I'm too lazy to actually check the rule to make sure this is correct but lets say you're right, does that also not make it a block in the back as well? Because Lloyd pretty clearly had both his hands on the 5 on the back of Dunbar's jersey.
Pretty sure the same idea applies. Until both players involved are past the LOS, pass blocking rules apply. In other words, anything short of holding or clipping is allowed.

edit: Just re-watched the play, and Lloyd pretty clearly pushed Dunbar in the side, not the back, so it wouldn't have been called regardless.


As I said, I'm not sure how the rules apply because there are different rules in regards to block in the back in and outside the pocket but Lloyd's pushing him in the back:



Hand is clearly on the 5.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 45631
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The secret to stopping Chris Long:


Wink Laughing
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group