Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 32nd pick the Bears select? [Mock Added Pg 4]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22801
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Alec Ogletree. He is perfect for what we do on Defense, the only questions I had on the guy were his leadership/off the field issues..
Today so far against Florida, he is playing with more emotion than anybody on that Georgia Defense hands down. Im sold on the guy, he looks like a special, special player. I think his off the field issues are a concern although I truly believe Chicago is the best place for a player like that. "Transformations" happen, let him learn from our vets in the locker room. To me, his upside is clearly higher than any ILB in this draftclass, especially for Lovies D.


If he can stay on the field he could be great here...but it's a big if.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9853
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[B]Re-signings[/B]

We will have 35 million in new salary, which seems like a lot,

-We can put 6 million of it into this seasons roll over cap [29 million left].

-Urlacher is going from 14 million to 10 million which gives us 4 million back onto the cap from this season [25 million]

-Jay Cutler was already counting 8.5 million against the cap so that is not new money [16.5 million]

-Other players are counting about 3 million against our present cap number [13.5 million]

That leaves us with 13.5 million in what I would call new money for players which I think can be handled with a small increase in the cap and some restructurings.

QB Jay Cutler, 6 years 85 million/ 35 guaranteed [15/11/13/13/16/17]


Structured to get smaller when Peppers, Urlacher and Briggs come off the books so we can make free agent moves.

LB Brian Urlacher, 2 years 14 million/ 8 guaranteed [10/4]

I think we give Urlacher a 2 year deal with most of the money year 1 so we have flexibility the next year to transition the defense.

DT Henry Melton, 5 years 34 million/ 18 guaranteed [2/6/8/9/9]


Structured to get large once Urlacher and Peppers come off the books.

OG Lance Louis, 4 years 14 million/ 8 guaranteed [2/3/4/5]

A must resign he is a solid starting OG that will not break the bank like the guys who hit free agency.

OG Chilo Rachal, 2 years 6 million/ 3 guaranteed [3/3]

He has played very solid this year and his physicaility is something we have been missing at LG.

CB D.J Moore, 4 years 12 million/ 8 guaranteed [2/3/3/4]

Normally I would not say to pay a nickle back, but we play it so often and he is pretty good at his job.

DE Israel Idonije 1 year 1 million/1 guaranteed [1]

Free Agents

I am not looking into free agency with the money spent to retain the players on our roster.

Draft

1[32] TE Tyler Eifert [Notre Dame] 6'6" 252lbs.

I do not think Ogletree or Te'o are going to be there in the lat 1st for us to draft an impact player as Urlacher's replacemen and with the improved play of Rachal and Louis I think we have out OGs for awhile, so I believe we shoud add weapons. Eifert is big and can catch the ball and while he might not have Jimmy Graham's freakish athletic ability there is no reason that he cannot be Cutler's Jason Witten. Right now the Bears are getting nothing from the TE position, which keeps us from attacking the middle of the field. Eifert adds weapons, which the Packers have shown you can never have enough of.



2[64] LB Arthur Brown [Kansas St] 6'1" 230lbs.

Brown might be undersized in comparison to Urlacher, but he is physical and flies around the field. What impresses me about Brown is not his ability to cover, because he is undersized, but his ability to play the run and knife through blocks to make plays. Brown reminds me a lot of Jon Beason. Brown can learn for a season while bulking up and playing SLB.



4. C Mario Benavides [Louisville] 6'4" 290lbs.

With the improved play of Webb and Rachal and the development of Louis I think the Bears OL might actually becoming together with some players worth working with. With Garza's age and what I think is a need to get bigger at the C position the Bears can draft Benavides and allow him to get bigger and stronger while Garza starts in 2013.



5. CB Travis Carrie [Ohio] 5'11" 212lbs.

A big physical developmental CB that can contribute on special teams and be developed behind Tillman and Jennings who I think have 2 more years together after this season.




6. OT LaAdrien Addle [Texas Texh] 6'6" 335lbs.


The Bears give Tice another big late round pick to develop as a possible swing tackle. Waddle plays in a passing offense and should be able to develop as an NFL pass blocker.



Depth Chart

QB: Cutler, FA
RB: Forte, Bush, Allen, Rodriquez
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Hester, Weems, Sanzenbacher
TE: Eifert, Spaeth, Adams
LT: Webb, Waddle
LG: Rachal, E Williams
C: Garza, Benavides
RG: Louis
RT: Carimi, Brown

RE: Peppers, McClellin
DT: Melton, Okoye, Collins
NT: Paea, Toenia
LE: Idonije, Wootton
SLB: Brown, Costanzo
MLB: Urlacher, Roach
WLB: Briggs, Hayes, Thomas
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Moore, Fry, Carrie
FS: Conte, Hardin
SS: Wright, Steltz
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 17920
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Eifert catches anything that comes his way, just like Kyle Rudolph did at Notre Dame. Eifert is an inch taller than Olsen was and has decent speed and I really don't see him being anything less than Jay's number two go to guy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16691
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way Melton would accept being paid only $2M next year.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 17920
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
There's no way Melton would accept being paid only $2M next year.


He would if we hire a hypnotist.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16691
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Tyler Eifert catches anything that comes his way, just like Kyle Rudolph did at Notre Dame. Eifert is an inch taller than Olsen was and has decent speed and I really don't see him being anything less than Jay's number two go to guy.


You only want him because you have the same first name.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 17920
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Tyler Eifert catches anything that comes his way, just like Kyle Rudolph did at Notre Dame. Eifert is an inch taller than Olsen was and has decent speed and I really don't see him being anything less than Jay's number two go to guy.


You only want him because you have the same first name.


I'm a Notre Dame homer, actually.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 4171
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Alec Ogletree. He is perfect for what we do on Defense, the only questions I had on the guy were his leadership/off the field issues..
Today so far against Florida, he is playing with more emotion than anybody on that Georgia Defense hands down. Im sold on the guy, he looks like a special, special player. I think his off the field issues are a concern although I truly believe Chicago is the best place for a player like that. "Transformations" happen, let him learn from our vets in the locker room. To me, his upside is clearly higher than any ILB in this draftclass, especially for Lovies D.


If he can stay on the field he could be great here...but it's a big if.

You really think he won't see an NFL field? I think we should quit pretending a misdemeanor for stealing a scooter helmet will effect his NFL career in the future. Unless he continues making these mistakes, which we can't speculate.. I read somewhere that Marshall has over 20 misdemeanor charges against him, yet he is the most beloved Bear around these forums currently.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22801
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Alec Ogletree. He is perfect for what we do on Defense, the only questions I had on the guy were his leadership/off the field issues..
Today so far against Florida, he is playing with more emotion than anybody on that Georgia Defense hands down. Im sold on the guy, he looks like a special, special player. I think his off the field issues are a concern although I truly believe Chicago is the best place for a player like that. "Transformations" happen, let him learn from our vets in the locker room. To me, his upside is clearly higher than any ILB in this draftclass, especially for Lovies D.


If he can stay on the field he could be great here...but it's a big if.

You really think he won't see an NFL field? I think we should quit pretending a misdemeanor for stealing a scooter helmet will effect his NFL career in the future. Unless he continues making these mistakes, which we can't speculate.. I read somewhere that Marshall has over 20 misdemeanor charges against him, yet he is the most beloved Bear around these forums currently.


No one said that…this isn’t a Tyrann Mathieu situation where teams should just avoid him completely…but you can’t just brush aside off field concerns because he is a great talent…it has to be part of the equation…a misdemeanour for thief isn’t something to take lightly…nor is a 4 game ban for drugs…you bring up Marshall…who in his prime at 28 years old is an elite WR and has been for many years and will continue to be but who’s off field concerns meant he was only worth two 3rd round picks…so I wouldn’t be so quick to spend a 1st round pick on a rookie who we can’t be sure is going to be an impact player…now as I have said with other prospects he could turn things around in the combine interviews and by showing more leadership on the field for the rest of the season and there is no doubt he has plenty of talent but it’s about getting the balance between physical ability and smarts.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pigsooie5


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 4171
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Alec Ogletree. He is perfect for what we do on Defense, the only questions I had on the guy were his leadership/off the field issues..
Today so far against Florida, he is playing with more emotion than anybody on that Georgia Defense hands down. Im sold on the guy, he looks like a special, special player. I think his off the field issues are a concern although I truly believe Chicago is the best place for a player like that. "Transformations" happen, let him learn from our vets in the locker room. To me, his upside is clearly higher than any ILB in this draftclass, especially for Lovies D.


If he can stay on the field he could be great here...but it's a big if.

You really think he won't see an NFL field? I think we should quit pretending a misdemeanor for stealing a scooter helmet will effect his NFL career in the future. Unless he continues making these mistakes, which we can't speculate.. I read somewhere that Marshall has over 20 misdemeanor charges against him, yet he is the most beloved Bear around these forums currently.


No one said that…this isn’t a Tyrann Mathieu situation where teams should just avoid him completely…but you can’t just brush aside off field concerns because he is a great talent…it has to be part of the equation…a misdemeanour for thief isn’t something to take lightly…nor is a 4 game ban for drugs…you bring up Marshall…who in his prime at 28 years old is an elite WR and has been for many years and will continue to be but who’s off field concerns meant he was only worth two 3rd round picks…so I wouldn’t be so quick to spend a 1st round pick on a rookie who we can’t be sure is going to be an impact player…now as I have said with other prospects he could turn things around in the combine interviews and by showing more leadership on the field for the rest of the season and there is no doubt he has plenty of talent but it’s about getting the balance between physical ability and smarts.

You just said "its a big if" he could stay on an NFL field. Your right it's not Tyrann Mathieu, and I agree, you absolutely cannot ignore it... Although if he stays out of trouble, interviews well at the combine, I guarantee this one charge will have no bearing on his draft status...
And you just said it yourself, look at how ignorant some teams are... Marshall only going for 2 3rd's because of off the field issues, now he's considered a leader of your team by the face of our franchise.

On the highlighted, back to my whole point, I can't see where stealing a scooter helmet at 18 years old is going to prevent him from seeing an NFL field in 5 years, nor can I see it derail him from being an "impact" player... That just seems really silly to me. Although, this is all contingent on the fact that he stays out of trouble from here on out, which I believe he will.

But having "smarts" on the football field is entirely different from having enough "smarts" to stay out of sticky situations on the street. I really think you have that confused, because they are not hand in hand IMO.
_________________

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22801
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Alec Ogletree. He is perfect for what we do on Defense, the only questions I had on the guy were his leadership/off the field issues..
Today so far against Florida, he is playing with more emotion than anybody on that Georgia Defense hands down. Im sold on the guy, he looks like a special, special player. I think his off the field issues are a concern although I truly believe Chicago is the best place for a player like that. "Transformations" happen, let him learn from our vets in the locker room. To me, his upside is clearly higher than any ILB in this draftclass, especially for Lovies D.


If he can stay on the field he could be great here...but it's a big if.

You really think he won't see an NFL field? I think we should quit pretending a misdemeanor for stealing a scooter helmet will effect his NFL career in the future. Unless he continues making these mistakes, which we can't speculate.. I read somewhere that Marshall has over 20 misdemeanor charges against him, yet he is the most beloved Bear around these forums currently.


No one said that…this isn’t a Tyrann Mathieu situation where teams should just avoid him completely…but you can’t just brush aside off field concerns because he is a great talent…it has to be part of the equation…a misdemeanour for thief isn’t something to take lightly…nor is a 4 game ban for drugs…you bring up Marshall…who in his prime at 28 years old is an elite WR and has been for many years and will continue to be but who’s off field concerns meant he was only worth two 3rd round picks…so I wouldn’t be so quick to spend a 1st round pick on a rookie who we can’t be sure is going to be an impact player…now as I have said with other prospects he could turn things around in the combine interviews and by showing more leadership on the field for the rest of the season and there is no doubt he has plenty of talent but it’s about getting the balance between physical ability and smarts.

You just said "its a big if" he could stay on an NFL field. Your right it's not Tyrann Mathieu, and I agree, you absolutely cannot ignore it... Although if he stays out of trouble, interviews well at the combine, I guarantee this one charge will have no bearing on his draft status...
And you just said it yourself, look at how ignorant some teams are... Marshall only going for 2 3rd's because of off the field issues, now he's considered a leader of your team by the face of our franchise.

On the highlighted, back to my whole point, I can't see where stealing a scooter helmet at 18 years old is going to prevent him from seeing an NFL field in 5 years, nor can I see it derail him from being an "impact" player... That just seems really silly to me. Although, this is all contingent on the fact that he stays out of trouble from here on out, which I believe he will.

But having "smarts" on the football field is entirely different from having enough "smarts" to stay out of sticky situations on the street. I really think you have that confused, because they are not hand in hand IMO.


Yes I said it was a “big if” that he could stay on the field…not it was a big if wither he would be drafted or not…as for Marshall he certainly seems to have turned it around…but there are plenty of other examples of guys who never turn it around and that is what we have to be wary of…

The point about stealing a helmet at 18 is people at that point said as you just have…”this is all contingent on the fact that he stays out of trouble from here on out, which I believe he will.”…but this year he was suspended for 4 games because of drug use…yeah it was only a bit of weed but it’s still another mark against his name…you can’t keep saying “well from this point on now after those two offences he won’t get into trouble” because the people who believed that after the 1st offence have already been let down by him…

I’m well aware that football awareness is very different from street smarts…but in the pros you better have street smarts or you’re not going to be in the pros for very look…hanging around with the wrong people…investing money in the wrong things…being in the wrong place at the wrong time…it all takes away from your ability to be a quality player…think Pacman Jones.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9853
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
There's no way Melton would accept being paid only $2M next year.


That is his cap hit.

He would get 2 million and 10 million in a signing bonus so he would cash 12 million.

We would count the 10 million over the 5 years at 2 million a year.

What you get paid is different then your cap hit.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blkwdw13


Joined: 21 Aug 2009
Posts: 1690
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is every ones take on this mock, I know the Bears don't have a 3rd but in this I have them trading back some and getting an the 3rd pick back.

1.Alec Olgetree, LB
2.Dallas Thomas, OG
3.Mario Benavides, C
4.Devin Taylor, DE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Selkiesxx


Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 1542
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to have it go like this...

RD1 Alec Ogletree - MLB - Georgia
RD2 Margus Hunt - DE - SMU
RD4 Dion Sims - TE - Michigan State
RD5 Jonathan Brown - OLB - Illinois
RD6 Mario Benevides - C - Louisville
_________________
Newest Mock Draft .:. 1.11.13

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaMike


Joined: 21 Nov 2010
Posts: 5634
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
I'd love to have it go like this...

RD1 Alec Ogletree - MLB - Georgia
RD2 Margus Hunt - DE - SMU
RD4 Dion Sims - TE - Michigan State
RD5 Jonathan Brown - OLB - Illinois
RD6 Mario Benevides - C - Louisville
That's pretty much my all overrated list. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group