Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 32nd pick the Bears select? [Mock Added Pg 4]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: With the 32nd pick the Bears select? [Mock Added Pg 4] Reply with quote

I know this is early and stupid, but we were taking about what we would do in the draft if we could and who to watch in last few weeks of the college season.

Lets say that the big names like Te'o and the top OTs are gone as they are often by 32.

With the 32nd pick in the draft the Chicago Bears select?

Last edited by WindyCity on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ Mosley
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From another thread...

We should be looking at LB or OL…maybe CB if the value is there…if the juniors declare there are a lot of good LBs who should be available around that range like Mosley, Minter & Ogletree…I also like a lot of the boarderline 1st round CBs like Poyer & Gilbert.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
From another thread...

We should be looking at LB or OL…maybe CB if the value is there…if the juniors declare there are a lot of good LBs who should be available around that range like Mosley, Minter & Ogletree…I also like a lot of the boarderline 1st round CBs like Poyer & Gilbert.

What do you think of Ogeltrees drug issues?

Also do you think we go LB in the 1st round if Urlacher is re signed?

A guy I like us Arthur Brown from K State he reminds me a lot of Jon Beason in his size and speed.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's pretty much a done deal that we go LB or CB with our first pick. CJ Mosely would be great. Love him.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
From another thread...

A guy I like us Arthur Brown from K State he reminds me a lot of Jon Beason in his size and speed.

All of Ogletree’s issues are a concern…I think his other suspension was for thief…I’m not a fan of taking guys with off-field concerns early but at the same time we aren’t in the interviews and I’m sure some guys turn it around from themselves…Ogletree has a great physical skill set but his off field problems and lack of leadership means he’s my #4 ILB right now…

I think if Urlacher is resigned it then comes down to value…if we are picking 32nd overall and the best player on our board left is a guy like Te’o then sure I would take him…if the best MLBs are gone then stick with Urlacher for another year and go after another position…just add talent…

I like Brown…his lack of success at Miami is a little concerning but his play for K-State has been really good…I’m not sure he is a 1st rounder if most of the junior declare but he would be a solid add if we can grab him at some point.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
CJ Mosley

Yeah, sign me up for this.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the 32nd pick? Did we trade with someone? Or did 6 teams have to forfeit their 1st round pick?
ConVict90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
From another thread...

I agree 100 percent , He has U blood in him Twisted Evil
TD: 7
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's done little before this year, but I really like the Boucher kid from SCLSU. He seems to be a high motor guy, that is a tackling machine. My only concern is that he seems to have the same level of intelligence as Danieal Manning.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
He's done little before this year, but I really like the Boucher kid from SCLSU. He seems to be a high motor guy, that is a tackling machine. My only concern is that he seems to have the same level of intelligence as Danieal Manning.

Yeah I worry about his ability to audible on the field with that stutter lol.
Pinky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like Mike Mauti, but probably not in the first round
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
From another thread...

All of Ogletree’s issues are a concern…I think his other suspension was for thief…I’m not a fan of taking guys with off-field concerns early but at the same time we aren’t in the interviews and I’m sure some guys turn it around from themselves…Ogletree has a great physical skill set but his off field problems and lack of leadership means he’s my #4 ILB right now…

I think if Urlacher is resigned it then comes down to value…if we are picking 32nd overall and the best player on our board left is a guy like Te’o then sure I would take him…if the best MLBs are gone then stick with Urlacher for another year and go after another position…just add talent…

I like Brown…his lack of success at Miami is a little concerning but his play for K-State has been really good…I’m not sure he is a 1st rounder if most of the junior declare but he would be a solid add if we can grab him at some point.

I like Brown as a trade down candidate or in the 2nd round.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the OL the rest of the season, as I like what I have seen from Webb and Rachal lately.

Right now I would say our needs are

1. OL
2. LB
3. CB
4. TE

All those positions usually have value picks in the late 1st.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Right now I would say our needs are

1. OL
2. LB
3. CB
4. TE

All those positions usually have value picks in the late 1st.

I would say…

1. LB
2. OL
3. CB
4. DL
5. TE

I have Dline ahead of TE depending on Idonije’s status…if he isn’t resigned we lose a versatile part of our Dline…this season has proven that if we can get pass rush we can be dominate on the defensive side of the ball…we have to keep the talent and depth levels up at that spot…

As for the TE position we have to decide what we want at the position and stick to it…we aren’t going to find a TE like Gronk who can do it all…we have to decide if we are going to have a TE who is a great blocker but is lacking in the passing game or if we want an undersized receiving TE…until we decide on that direction I don’t see any real point in pouring resources into the position…altho one guy who is really growing on me is Nick Kasa out of Colorado…former DE who plays the TE spot with that kind of mentality…but has also averaged over 18 YPC this season…he is very very raw but the size at 6-6” 260lbs with his mentality and physical ability could see him being this years Taylor Thompson who went in the 4th this year.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinky wrote:
i'd like Mike Mauti, but probably not in the first round
I dont think he has the athleticism to play in our scheme. I dont like him in coverage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: