Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8 GDT: Colts(3-3) @ Titans(3-4) 10/28 1PM EST.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Wins?
Colts
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Titans
77%
 77%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 18

prozac77

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans win 24-13

Defense has their best showing yet with McCarthy returning. Derrick Morgan and Wimbley BOTH register a sack. Griffin gets a pick. CJ goes for over 100 and so does Cook.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Midday180: Keith Bulluck (@kbull53) says if #Titans win this week, he'd stick with @Hasselbeck at QB.

Oh no not you KB Crying or Very sad
KingTitan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:
@Midday180: Keith Bulluck (@kbull53) says if #Titans win this week, he'd stick with @Hasselbeck at QB.

Annoying as it is to here, Locker is our starter.

Hasselbeck is a back up and hasn't played lights out enough to be considered the starter now.
Mac 9 for LiFE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Quote:

Annoying as it is to here, Locker is our starter.

Hasselbeck is a back up and hasn't played lights out enough to be considered the starter now.

Agreed, he's been far from it in my opinion. Hasselbeck was not the reason we won Sunday. He is taking care of the ball well, and made a HUGE play to Nate, but you don't draft 1st round QB's in this day in age and not start them.

I guess KBull didn't watch Locker embarrass the 6th rated pass D? ...

Definitely pleased with Munchak's stance from the start, though I hope Jake can be 100% soon Confused
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it looks like Otto will be starting at LT and Roos will be out. Otto looked good in preseason but I'm still a little worried especially the way how our running game has been improving and Hasselbeck likes to get sacked alot.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Well it looks like Otto will be starting at LT and Roos will be out. Otto looked good in preseason but I'm still a little worried especially the way how our running game has been improving and Hasselbeck likes to get sacked alot.

Anyone think this might be at play in the back of Munchak's mind for holding out Jake this week?
justing101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or has Quinn Johnson really improved since last year?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:

Well that is a bummer. Roos consecutive game streak finally comes to a end. Mathis has not practiced this week (probably will not play) and Freeney is still learning the 3-4. Hopefully Otto will hold up this week. Maybe you are right titansNvolsR#1 about Munch holding out Jake because of this development.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:

Anyone think this might be at play in the back of Munchak's mind for holding out Jake this week?

Well I hope that's true bc Roos should be back next week against the Bears which means Locker starts. Which means I don't have to watch Hasselbeck when I go.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
Is it just me or has Quinn Johnson really improved since last year?

The past couple of weeks he's played solid. He's sprung CJ on a couple big runs. Hope he continues to improve and helps CJ back to his old self.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
Titans_31 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
We should have this game. Luck hasn't been good. Then again, it's Jerry Gray...

Uhhh have you watched the colts play? Id say lucks playing pretty good ball...

If Luck played pretty good ball, then Matt Hasselsuck is a legitimate MVP candidate.

You're obviously lost in the RG3 sweepstakes.

Luck has played very well for a rookie on a team with no legitimate playmakers including leading a comeback victory over the green bay packers.

Luck has outplayed Hasselbeck in every aspect of the game. Don't fall for the RG3 hype
ThatTitansFan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any update on Roos? They said he was day to day, but I haven't heard anything after that. Did he practice at all? Or even work with the trainers? Or was he out completely this week?
Anyways, I'm comfortable with Otto, and this is honestly a good week to have it happen. Freeney is still hobbled a bit by his ankle and Mathis might be back, but even if he is, he'll be hobbled too. And Jerry Hughes sucks.
Best it happened this week, than against the Bears or last week against the Bills. Mario may not be playing fantastic, but I still wouldn't trust Otto against him. Otto seems more like a quick Tackle than a strong one, and I think Mario would have bull rushed him all day long. Freeney is not so good at that, especially with a bum ankle.

Anyways, I'm laying 100 on the Titans to win. We know better than any team what you have to do to stop Reggie Wayne, and the Colts definitely do not have the ability to ground and pound us. If we're going to get the Dline really going, this is the game to do it (although Luck has great feel for pressure). If McCarthy's back, I can't see the Colts putting up more than 20 on us, and as long as Fossilbeck doesn't have a stinker, I can't see us putting up less than 20. Antonio Johnson (anyone remember Mookie?) is rated as one of the worst NTs in the NFL (he really shouldn't be NT in a 3-4) and we should have a field day running up the middle.

Here's to 4-4 and getting into the playoff picture. Beating the Bears will be a big, big challenge, but after that the schedule softens up a lot.

PS: Does anyone but me think a lot of our defensive problems are on McCarthy and Casey being injured? Both of them were absolutely beastly in the pre-season, and then Casey gets an ankle injury that, while not keeping him out, appears to have limited his explosiveness a lot, and McCarthy is in and out of the lineup. Thinking about the Jerry Gray system- 2 deep safety zone coverage (like a Tampa 2) depends on a good MLB to drop and cover the middle. With Witherspoon in there instead of McCarthy, that becomes a lot harder. Similarly, it relies on rushing only four. If Casey was healthy and in preseason form, we'd have a lot more coming up the middle. Right now he's been fairly invisible in the passrush, but still pretty excellent as a space eater. I think that ankle injury has been limiting his ability to get a quick push off and drive back defenders.

Anyways, I think those two are the most talented players on the defense, and the keys to the defense as well. One of them being limited or out would definitely hurt, and with both of them injured, it really hurts our system. I'm predicting that post-bye week we have a top 15 defense.
lamont

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Titans LT Michael Roos (appendectomy) has been ruled out for Week 8 against Indianapolis.
He'll be replaced by usual swing tackle Mike Otto. Roos' absence could bit the Titans this Sunday because Otto will most often match up with Colts RE/OLB Dwight Freeney. Freeney is Indianapolis' only real pass rusher with Robert Mathis still out due to a knee injury.

per rotoworld

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locker, Roos, Bailey, and Campbell should all be back next week or at least I hope.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Quote:
Titans LT Michael Roos (appendectomy) has been ruled out for Week 8 against Indianapolis.
He'll be replaced by usual swing tackle Mike Otto. Roos' absence could bit the Titans this Sunday because Otto will most often match up with Colts RE/OLB Dwight Freeney. Freeney is Indianapolis' only real pass rusher with Robert Mathis still out due to a knee injury.

per rotoworld

Sucks.

We need to overcome this tragedy and get momentum back on our side, more pics Lamont!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 2 of 46

Jump to: