Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears vs. Carolina Panthers GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Boy oh boy that was one ugly game. I echo someone's sentiment, I don't remember who, that it was bizarrely odd that Rivera didn't kick the field goal at the end of the half. How stupid. I also can't understand for the life of me why no OC that comes to Chicago can ever conceive of rolling the pocket and not having our QB look like a statue out there. Also, as previously stated by someone else, we really miss Alshon Jeffery.
Their kicker was practicing before the game a lot longer than Robbie and seemed to be intimidated by the winds. He was still kicking when the kids unfurled the huge "Phase 4" flag. Kicked over them.

He also refused to kick it to Hester but never tried to kick it into the endzone. Robbie was putting it out of play on almost every kick. Maybe he doesn't have a strong leg or was hurt. The wind was strong and gusty blowing to the East.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
I was at today's game so I missed out on the in-game discussion but I have a few thoughts:

1. Whatever is said to the OL at the half needs to be said to the OL before the game. With the exception of the GB game (where they were bad throughout) the OL has been far better in the 2nd half than the 1st half every week.

2. Jay misses Alshon Jeffery. Hester was once again a non-factor in the passing game and Bennett is still underutilized. Without a legit receiving threat at TE and with Forte significantly underutilized in Tice's passing game we really need another difference maker out there in the passing game.

3. I'm still trying to figure out why Rivera passed on a 50 yard FG attempt WITH the wind at the end of the half so Cam could throw the ball out the back of the end zone. Those 3 points could very well have been the difference.

4. A win is a win even when it's ugly.

Did you enjoy it AZ? The experience atleast...not the game Laughing

Always enjoy getting out to the stadium. I try to take in at least one game in person every season. 2nd year in a row it was against CAR. This one was tough to watch for a while though. Plus being in the north end zone every scoring play except Medlock's last FG was at the other end. Evil or Very Mad
Yeah, they were in my face in the South end zone.
CBears019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a real interesting approach to their STs yesterday, ballsy even. Had our offense been half-way competent yesterday we could have score a lot of points. The weirdest part though is that Hester hasn't done anything in the return game yet this season, so it really wasn't necessary to give us field position at the 40 every drive.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Jay Cutler yesterday…

First 3 Quarters…7-14…102 yards…1 INT

Final Quarter…12-14…84 yards…1 TD

All Tice has to do is call the entire game like he called the 4th quarter…and more importantly all the offence has to do is to execute like they did in the 4th quarter yesterday.
We had drive killing drops in the first half, too. And Jay was getting whacked regularly.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
That was a real interesting approach to their STs yesterday, ballsy even. Had our offense been half-way competent yesterday we could have score a lot of points. The weirdest part though is that Hester hasn't done anything in the return game yet this season, so it really wasn't necessary to give us field position at the 40 every drive.
Every kickoff Robbie had into the South end zone was unreturnable but their kicker never even tried.

One great moment was when Robbie came out for the final kick, the whole stadium starting chanting "Robbie, Robbie, Robbie". I never saw anything like that in all the hundreds of games at Soldier Field I have attended.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl, 10 out of the last 11 posts in this thread are yours..... necessary?
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laptop has crashed so not been on here for a few days but just a few points from the game:

- Peppers had probably his best game of the year so far, he's quietly gone about getting himself up to 5.5 sacks on the year now, think he had 8 last year.

- If Brandon Marshall gets injured I will just curl up in to a ball and cry for the rest of the season, he is brilliant and I am in love with him

- The Jennings pick six was my favourite moment of the season so far, that's the craziest I've gone and the scenes at Soldier Field when it happened were amazing, everyone just went absolutely mental

- We might have played badly for three quarters but we won, over here there is a mindset that playing really bad then scraping out a win is what champions do, it can turn in to a positive to have one of your bad games and still win
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: S #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 23 || Interceptions: 0 || Forced Fumbles: 0
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
It isn't "necessary" that I post at all. Would you like that better?
A_Fan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

Even though I sometimes strongly disagree with your posts, i enjoy all of them. Keep hitting that quote button Al.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Sometimes, especially on the GDT threads, there is a lot to talk about, and the easiest way to do it is to quote other comments and comment on them one at a time.
51to54

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

Now I'm confused. I thought he meant the non ChicagoAl 11th post was the unnecessary one.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Laptop has crashed so not been on here for a few days but just a few points from the game:

- Peppers had probably his best game of the year so far, he's quietly gone about getting himself up to 5.5 sacks on the year now, think he had 8 last year.

- If Brandon Marshall gets injured I will just curl up in to a ball and cry for the rest of the season, he is brilliant and I am in love with him

- The Jennings pick six was my favourite moment of the season so far, that's the craziest I've gone and the scenes at Soldier Field when it happened were amazing, everyone just went absolutely mental

- We might have played badly for three quarters but we won, over here there is a mindset that playing really bad then scraping out a win is what champions do, it can turn in to a positive to have one of your bad games and still win
Pep had 11 last year, 8 in 2010.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF YOU WANT TO HURT CHICAGOAL, YOU WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
IF YOU WANT TO HURT CHICAGOAL, YOU WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME.

That will back 'em off.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:

Nothing wrong with responding to a bunch of different poster comments in succession.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38

Jump to: