Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears vs. Carolina Panthers GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
I was at today's game so I missed out on the in-game discussion but I have a few thoughts:

1. Whatever is said to the OL at the half needs to be said to the OL before the game. With the exception of the GB game (where they were bad throughout) the OL has been far better in the 2nd half than the 1st half every week.

2. Jay misses Alshon Jeffery. Hester was once again a non-factor in the passing game and Bennett is still underutilized. Without a legit receiving threat at TE and with Forte significantly underutilized in Tice's passing game we really need another difference maker out there in the passing game.

3. I'm still trying to figure out why Rivera passed on a 50 yard FG attempt WITH the wind at the end of the half so Cam could throw the ball out the back of the end zone. Those 3 points could very well have been the difference.

4. A win is a win even when it's ugly.

Did you enjoy it AZ? The experience atleast...not the game Laughing

Always enjoy getting out to the stadium. I try to take in at least one game in person every season. 2nd year in a row it was against CAR. This one was tough to watch for a while though. Plus being in the north end zone every scoring play except Medlock's last FG was at the other end. Evil or Very Mad

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
I'm going to reference that Jaguars game. In the first half we sucked, D and O. On paper we should blow them out, but that rarely happens in real life.

We have to show up to win, however, Lovie really preps these guys to not overlook teams.

I can't remember the last time we lost to a team we were suppose to beat. But we will have a let down at some point!
Uh, last year.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Cutler yesterday…

First 3 Quarters…7-14…102 yards…1 INT

Final Quarter…12-14…84 yards…1 TD

All Tice has to do is call the entire game like he called the 4th quarter…and more importantly all the offence has to do is to execute like they did in the 4th quarter yesterday.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Jay Cutler yesterday…

All Tice has to do is call the entire game like he called the 4th quarter…and more importantly all the offence has to do is to execute like they did in the 4th quarter yesterday.

When we went with almost West Coast timing offence in the 4th we were almost un stoppable.

I agree that Tice needs to go to that more often we need to throw the ball quickly and let our WR talent make plays and gain yards.

But we get into these predictable ruts where we try and throw double moves and get people deep. That will all come when you have the defense running side to side trying to cover slants, hooks and outs.
ak06max

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Boy oh boy that was one ugly game. I echo someone's sentiment, I don't remember who, that it was bizarrely odd that Rivera didn't kick the field goal at the end of the half. How stupid. I also can't understand for the life of me why no OC that comes to Chicago can ever conceive of rolling the pocket and not having our QB look like a statue out there. Also, as previously stated by someone else, we really miss Alshon Jeffery.

Yes your always on the same page as me bearsaddict. I really dont understand why we only utilize 1 of Jays strengths which is is arm. I would argue to say Jay is the best out of the pocket QB in the NFL Tice listen to bates and stop thinking your line is elite let him run out stay away from pressure and use his skills what we brought him in for. Keep doing this statue junk and he will be in the running for most sacked once again if he makes it that far.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The frustrating part is Jay, the OL and the WRs keep showing Tice what they are good at.

In Dallas we ran a similar offence to the 4th quarter yesterday. Quick throws and tons of YAC yards from Marshall. Yesterday we desperately need yards and we go to it again 5-10 yard quick throws with run afterwards from Marshall and Bennett.

Just do what we are good at already.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Jay Cutler yesterday…

When we went with almost West Coast timing offence in the 4th we were almost un stoppable.

I agree that Tice needs to go to that more often we need to throw the ball quickly and let our WR talent make plays and gain yards.

But we get into these predictable ruts where we try and throw double moves and get people deep. That will all come when you have the defense running side to side trying to cover slants, hooks and outs.

raq11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Plus being in the north end zone every scoring play except Medlock's last FG was at the other end. Evil or Very Mad

We in the south end zone remarked on that fact as well... Dancing

Made up for you guys having the sun all game, I forgot how jealous I get of the north end zone after mid October
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Boy oh boy that was one ugly game. I echo someone's sentiment, I don't remember who, that it was bizarrely odd that Rivera didn't kick the field goal at the end of the half. How stupid. I also can't understand for the life of me why no OC that comes to Chicago can ever conceive of rolling the pocket and not having our QB look like a statue out there. Also, as previously stated by someone else, we really miss Alshon Jeffery.

You know bearsaddict this got me thinking. How much pull does Jeremy Bates actually have with this offense? I know in Denver they use to do that quite often. We heard about it in the offseason and so far.....we havent seen it much.

They used it for the first drive in the Detroit game and it worked great, then it disappeared even before Cutler got rag-dolled. It's just baffling why they don't use it more often when it clearly worked.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cromagnum wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
cromagnum wrote:
Sooner or later your luck will run out..

Is it Luck? Or is it resolve? Resilience? A never-give-up mentality? Good teams will play poorly at times, but in the end all that matters is who has more points at the end of the game. 23>22.

6-1 is 6-1..Lets see if they keep getting all these defensive td's in the second half of the season..
Luck is one thing you can't beat. It is possible that in the second half of the season the offense will be sufficiently developed to carry the team.

It is a work in progress at this point and not going particularly well. There are new people in new positions all over the offense. So no one should have expected easy sailing.

The defense will be hard pressed to keep scoring tds but I fully expect plenty of turnovers and equal difficulty of scoring for the other team. It will remain opportunistic and teams which have passes batted up in the air are in big trouble.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIsportsfan wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
2 things I wasn't too happy about with the Panthers:

1. Cam Newton ignoring his team and running off the field after that fumble TD.
2. Cam Newton stiff arming Greg Olsen to the ground on that scramble where he gained like 25 yards. Could've injured his own player for a few more yards. Seemed a little classless to me and i was disappointed in it.

Cam is very quickly heading down the path of becoming a cancer in the locker room. He'll blame someone else inevitably but he was the one that threw the pick six.
Nah, the WR fell down.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

Not every quarterback is going through the scrutiny that Cam is right now. Had Cam fumbled at the one-inch line allowing for a Bears recovery, the scrutiny would only become more intense. Murphy saved Cam's butt with the recovery, a thank you would be nice instead of heading straight to the sidelines to sit down.

caring about what the media thinks is the worst thing a player could do. are you being serious right now?
Listening to the media is like polling an Insane Asylum for directions.

Some of its members are loathsome in every respect.

Newton has given the Bears nightmares in both the games he played against us. Carolina kicked our butts for 50 minutes. But playoff bound teams manage to win games they don't deserve and I think we are playoff bound. So I will take it.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Sabiancym wrote:
This forum is ok, but it's not near as active as the CBMB were. If you find a Bears forum where people actually post more than just on gameday let me know.

Not for nothing but you have 150 posts in 3 years. That's less than one post per week. We would absolutely welcome more discussion from you or anyone else looking to have real discussions about our favorite team.
Now our discussions have to be "real"? Yer killin me.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I was at today's game so I missed out on the in-game discussion but I have a few thoughts:

1. Whatever is said to the OL at the half needs to be said to the OL before the game. With the exception of the GB game (where they were bad throughout) the OL has been far better in the 2nd half than the 1st half every week.

2. Jay misses Alshon Jeffery. Hester was once again a non-factor in the passing game and Bennett is still underutilized. Without a legit receiving threat at TE and with Forte significantly underutilized in Tice's passing game we really need another difference maker out there in the passing game.

3. I'm still trying to figure out why Rivera passed on a 50 yard FG attempt WITH the wind at the end of the half so Cam could throw the ball out the back of the end zone. Those 3 points could very well have been the difference.

4. A win is a win even when it's ugly.
Too bad we don't have Knox.

Is it just my imagination or did Jay get rid of the ball quicker the second half?

Why don't they roll Jay a little?

It seemed that his awareness picked up appreciably in the second half so that he did not take a sack.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
Ugly win for us, but IMO it was Carolina who lost it, not us who won it. Our play calling sucked. Forte was good running the ball, why are we dropping back to pass when half the time Cutler was under pressure getting sacked, and caused 2 or 3 turnovers? RUN THE DAMN BALL!! It was effective! Our D was certainly bend but dont break today. They moved the ball on us pretty good. Part of it was good play calling on Carolinas part, but part was we allowed them to. Good thing we stepped up when needed and only gave up field goals.

For us to continue to be successful, we need to do whats working for us. We ran the ball well. Forte had 15 carries for 70 yards(4.7 yds rush) Cutler was good in the second half, not in the first. Pregame they said for our offense 'enough is not enough.' Had we continued running the ball, the play action works better, we likely dont win ugly. A wins a win, not complaining about that, but it didnt need to come to Gould last second FG either. I just hope we dont take Tennessee lightly. We need that one as well, and hopefully it wont be at the last second either.
This is a persistent problem. More often than not the Bears do not come out and play well from the start. Against high scoring teams it is fatal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: