You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears vs. Carolina Panthers GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AZBearsFan


Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 13187
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at today's game so I missed out on the in-game discussion but I have a few thoughts:

1. Whatever is said to the OL at the half needs to be said to the OL before the game. With the exception of the GB game (where they were bad throughout) the OL has been far better in the 2nd half than the 1st half every week.

2. Jay misses Alshon Jeffery. Hester was once again a non-factor in the passing game and Bennett is still underutilized. Without a legit receiving threat at TE and with Forte significantly underutilized in Tice's passing game we really need another difference maker out there in the passing game.

3. I'm still trying to figure out why Rivera passed on a 50 yard FG attempt WITH the wind at the end of the half so Cam could throw the ball out the back of the end zone. Those 3 points could very well have been the difference.

4. A win is a win even when it's ugly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25944
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Sabiancym wrote:
This forum is ok, but it's not near as active as the CBMB were. If you find a Bears forum where people actually post more than just on gameday let me know.

Not for nothing but you have 150 posts in 3 years. That's less than one post per week. We would absolutely welcome more discussion from you or anyone else looking to have real discussions about our favorite team.


Good discussion is always welcome. This forum is the complete opposite of the CBMB and its thriving. This is for a good reason. I cant make 5 threads on here about what celebrities look like the opposing teams players. Or about how much this member on here is ruining this forum. We talk about football on here.
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConVict90


Joined: 20 Sep 2009
Posts: 2305
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Zithers wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

Not every quarterback is going through the scrutiny that Cam is right now. Had Cam fumbled at the one-inch line allowing for a Bears recovery, the scrutiny would only become more intense. Murphy saved Cam's butt with the recovery, a thank you would be nice instead of heading straight to the sidelines to sit down.


caring about what the media thinks is the worst thing a player could do. are you being serious right now?


The media has a bigger impact than you think. Media influence people perceptions about players.

Trust us. We're experts on this concept.


Lol, yeah just read through this gdt. Fire this guy! Cut that guy! etc.


LOL only teenage girls say lol!


loL


LoL

lOl
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25944
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
I was at today's game so I missed out on the in-game discussion but I have a few thoughts:

1. Whatever is said to the OL at the half needs to be said to the OL before the game. With the exception of the GB game (where they were bad throughout) the OL has been far better in the 2nd half than the 1st half every week.

2. Jay misses Alshon Jeffery. Hester was once again a non-factor in the passing game and Bennett is still underutilized. Without a legit receiving threat at TE and with Forte significantly underutilized in Tice's passing game we really need another difference maker out there in the passing game.

3. I'm still trying to figure out why Rivera passed on a 50 yard FG attempt WITH the wind at the end of the half so Cam could throw the ball out the back of the end zone. Those 3 points could very well have been the difference.

4. A win is a win even when it's ugly.


Did you enjoy it AZ? The experience atleast...not the game Laughing
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sabiancym


Joined: 23 Aug 2009
Posts: 188
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Sabiancym wrote:
This forum is ok, but it's not near as active as the CBMB were. If you find a Bears forum where people actually post more than just on gameday let me know.

Not for nothing but you have 150 posts in 3 years. That's less than one post per week. We would absolutely welcome more discussion from you or anyone else looking to have real discussions about our favorite team.


....because I was on the CBMB forum. I thought that was self-explanatory.


Sorry if I touched a nerve.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25944
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabiancym wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Sabiancym wrote:
This forum is ok, but it's not near as active as the CBMB were. If you find a Bears forum where people actually post more than just on gameday let me know.

Not for nothing but you have 150 posts in 3 years. That's less than one post per week. We would absolutely welcome more discussion from you or anyone else looking to have real discussions about our favorite team.


....because I was on the CBMB forum. I thought that was self-explanatory.


Sorry if I touched a nerve.


Well you can contribute here now if you want....we actually have football related discussions on here.
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TexasBearsFan


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 1432
Location: Waco, TX
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent the day at work so I saw the game only in fits and starts. Just had a look back through the GD thread...wow. Some folks look awfully foolish right now. If I didn't know the outcome already I'd say we were down at least 35 at some point.

What a great finish. This is what championship teams do. They find a way to win games even when they aren't playing very well. You're not going to come out and light it up on all phases every week. The key is to find a way to win the games you should win, no matter what's happening.

I also saw that Brandon Marshall said that, during the comeback, Jay gave him a smile that let him know he still had the confidence in their ability to come back. That's awesome and just the kind of leader this team needs.

Win's a win, even if it's ugly. Go Bears!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 22173
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabiancym wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Sabiancym wrote:
This forum is ok, but it's not near as active as the CBMB were. If you find a Bears forum where people actually post more than just on gameday let me know.

Not for nothing but you have 150 posts in 3 years. That's less than one post per week. We would absolutely welcome more discussion from you or anyone else looking to have real discussions about our favorite team.


....because I was on the CBMB forum. I thought that was self-explanatory.


Sorry if I touched a nerve.


HEY BRO

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bowler1215


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 5811
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugly win for us, but IMO it was Carolina who lost it, not us who won it. Our play calling sucked. Forte was good running the ball, why are we dropping back to pass when half the time Cutler was under pressure getting sacked, and caused 2 or 3 turnovers? RUN THE DAMN BALL!! It was effective! Our D was certainly bend but dont break today. They moved the ball on us pretty good. Part of it was good play calling on Carolinas part, but part was we allowed them to. Good thing we stepped up when needed and only gave up field goals.

For us to continue to be successful, we need to do whats working for us. We ran the ball well. Forte had 15 carries for 70 yards(4.7 yds rush) Cutler was good in the second half, not in the first. Pregame they said for our offense 'enough is not enough.' Had we continued running the ball, the play action works better, we likely dont win ugly. A wins a win, not complaining about that, but it didnt need to come to Gould last second FG either. I just hope we dont take Tennessee lightly. We need that one as well, and hopefully it wont be at the last second either.
_________________
Adopt a Bear:
DT Eddie Goldman
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TytybearsFan21


Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 22173
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Sabiancym wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Sabiancym wrote:
This forum is ok, but it's not near as active as the CBMB were. If you find a Bears forum where people actually post more than just on gameday let me know.

Not for nothing but you have 150 posts in 3 years. That's less than one post per week. We would absolutely welcome more discussion from you or anyone else looking to have real discussions about our favorite team.


....because I was on the CBMB forum. I thought that was self-explanatory.


Sorry if I touched a nerve.


Well you can contribute here now if you want....we actually have football related discussions on here.


Yes, we do. But be careful not to insult Grr. I've seen him deck an old lady once. Named Seabears. Pushing a shopping cart. With baby kittens in it. Grr don't care. Grr rage.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy oh boy that was one ugly game. I echo someone's sentiment, I don't remember who, that it was bizarrely odd that Rivera didn't kick the field goal at the end of the half. How stupid. I also can't understand for the life of me why no OC that comes to Chicago can ever conceive of rolling the pocket and not having our QB look like a statue out there. Also, as previously stated by someone else, we really miss Alshon Jeffery.
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25944
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Boy oh boy that was one ugly game. I echo someone's sentiment, I don't remember who, that it was bizarrely odd that Rivera didn't kick the field goal at the end of the half. How stupid. I also can't understand for the life of me why no OC that comes to Chicago can ever conceive of rolling the pocket and not having our QB look like a statue out there. Also, as previously stated by someone else, we really miss Alshon Jeffery.


You know bearsaddict this got me thinking. How much pull does Jeremy Bates actually have with this offense? I know in Denver they use to do that quite often. We heard about it in the offseason and so far.....we havent seen it much.
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 18010
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Boy oh boy that was one ugly game. I echo someone's sentiment, I don't remember who, that it was bizarrely odd that Rivera didn't kick the field goal at the end of the half. How stupid. I also can't understand for the life of me why no OC that comes to Chicago can ever conceive of rolling the pocket and not having our QB look like a statue out there. Also, as previously stated by someone else, we really miss Alshon Jeffery.


You know bearsaddict this got me thinking. How much pull does Jeremy Bates actually have with this offense? I know in Denver they use to do that quite often. We heard about it in the offseason and so far.....we havent seen it much.


I was thinking about that today as well, I completely forgot we signed him in the offseason.
_________________
👮


AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GOGRIESE


Joined: 04 Dec 2006
Posts: 25944
Location: Austin Texas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Boy oh boy that was one ugly game. I echo someone's sentiment, I don't remember who, that it was bizarrely odd that Rivera didn't kick the field goal at the end of the half. How stupid. I also can't understand for the life of me why no OC that comes to Chicago can ever conceive of rolling the pocket and not having our QB look like a statue out there. Also, as previously stated by someone else, we really miss Alshon Jeffery.


You know bearsaddict this got me thinking. How much pull does Jeremy Bates actually have with this offense? I know in Denver they use to do that quite often. We heard about it in the offseason and so far.....we havent seen it much.


I was thinking about that today as well, I completely forgot we signed him in the offseason.


To be honest Ive seen very little of what they did in Denver that really helped Cutler.
_________________

^^ props to LBC on the sig Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Boy oh boy that was one ugly game. I echo someone's sentiment, I don't remember who, that it was bizarrely odd that Rivera didn't kick the field goal at the end of the half. How stupid. I also can't understand for the life of me why no OC that comes to Chicago can ever conceive of rolling the pocket and not having our QB look like a statue out there. Also, as previously stated by someone else, we really miss Alshon Jeffery.


You know bearsaddict this got me thinking. How much pull does Jeremy Bates actually have with this offense? I know in Denver they use to do that quite often. We heard about it in the offseason and so far.....we havent seen it much.


I was thinking about that today as well, I completely forgot we signed him in the offseason.


To be honest Ive seen very little of what they did in Denver that really helped Cutler.
Agreed.
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 35 of 38

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group