Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chicago Bears vs. Carolina Panthers GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bears54

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Hmmm.... Reply with quote

This is a interesting game..We should blow them out of the water, but for the Panthers this is a great opporuntity for their team to get on track. We need to be careful. We need to score fast and get up on them quick so our pass rushers can take over the game. If Cam starts running and hitting Steve Smith and Olsen, we mite be in some trouble. The Panthers have been in ball games just cant finish. IF our offense plays like it did last game against the Lions, we better watch out.

And I'd like to see Jennings matchup on Steve Smith. Put Tillman on LaFell or Olsen at times. Steve Smith is quicker, faster, and runs good routes. He might cause a little trouble for Tillman. Jennings is quicker, smaller, and probably just as fast as steve smith.

Going to be a good game. I see the Bears Defense taking over and Cam not being able to do alot in the 1st half. I see the score being 28-10 Bears!!!
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
I don't get why the Panthers gave a gazillion dollars to Stewart/Williams/Tolbert and they only average 16 carries a game between the three of them.
This is one of the most befuddling things in the NFL I have ever seen. The Panthers coaching staff is apparently idiotic. Scam Newton is awful, and they have two great running backs that they paid a ton of money to, yet they don't even give them carries. It is truly perplexing.

Im convinced Carolina had some plan to trade Stewart....I just dont see how a team could be that stupid, haha....also, if youre Tolbert why would you sign there to be a 3rd string guy?? He had other suitors.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
I don't get why the Panthers gave a gazillion dollars to Stewart/Williams/Tolbert and they only average 16 carries a game between the three of them.
This is one of the most befuddling things in the NFL I have ever seen. The Panthers coaching staff is apparently idiotic. Scam Newton is awful, and they have two great running backs that they paid a ton of money to, yet they don't even give them carries. It is truly perplexing.

Williams is one of the best paid running backs in the league, and he had 5 snaps against the Cowboys and two carries. Unless he has fallen off this year, both he and Stewart are very good IMO. Why not run those guys at least 35 times a game and have Cam run playaction and bootlegs? The only reason to pay two good running backs that much money is if you only plan for the QB to run like 20-25 plays a game (whether a run or pass), but they are doing the opposite.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
I can see another slow start for the offense on the road. Their top corner, Gamble, just went out for the year so look for Cutler to find Marshall on the reg. Cam will have a couple turn-overs and blame the world. Bears win. What's new?

Edit: Ouch. Just saw Beason is also out for the season. Gotta feel for the Carolina Cam's.

It's a home game. If not, I'm gonna have a loooooooong drive on Sunday morning (going to this one with my dad).

We should certainly win this game. I think the key to this game is simple - get them down and then wear them out. Newton has shown all season he can be frustrated and we have shown all season to be a team that can exploit that on defense. As far as our offense goes, if we come out and run the MNF first half offensive game then we should march up and down the field much of the day and then lean on the ground game (hopefully using Bush more than on MNF) and ride our horses to victory.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Zithers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't wait to see us run the read option in the first half (ie 8 carries for 27 yards for the RB trio) and then do nothing but throw it (minimum of 2 turnovers) in the second half.

our only hope is to pray that urlacher/briggs/peppers/tillman are so dumbfounded as to how idiotic and predictable our offensive playcalling is that they faint or start laughing too hard to actually do anything.

good luck and god speed.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeniceBearsFan wrote:
I'm not saying carolina is going to be an easy win or anything like that but...

I wouldn't be opposed of resting jay cutler in this one.
You just can't do that...you don't jeopardize a game because Cutler is a little sore...he's getting paid a lot of money to play through things like this, and I have no doubt that he will with no complaints.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-spt-1025-olsen-bears-chicago--2-20121025,0,423916.story

Quote:
Jay Cutler can't imagine Greg Olsen's pain.

Olsen, Cutler's former Bears teammate and now a tight end with the Panthers, welcomed a second and third child when his wife, Kara, gave birth to twins Oct. 9. Their new daughter, Talbot, is healthy, but their son, T.J., was born with a defective heart.

Two weeks ago, T.J. underwent the first in a series of surgeries for hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS), a congenital heart disease distinguished by an underdeveloped left ventricle and aorta. T.J. is scheduled for another surgery in six months.

Cutler and his fiancee, Kristin Cavallari, had their first child — Camden Jack Cutler — on Aug. 8.

"It resonates,'' Cutler said of Olsen's situation. "Any time you're going through that whole nine months, you always hope for the best. In the back of your mind, you're always leery of what possibly could happen.

"I can't envision going down that road. That's a tough deal.''

T.J.'s first surgery went well and Olsen spends two to three hours at night by his son's side at Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte, N.C.

"Obviously, this is a situation that we did not expect to go through, but we've done all we can do make the best of it,'' Olsen told the Tribune. "The support of our families, friends, teammates, coaches and fans has been amazing.

"We have a long road ahead of us, but everything has been going well. We are just taking it day to day.''

Hope everything works out well for Olsen and his family.
Nads786

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a big time trap game. Yes Cam hasn't been playing well but that offense can definitely get it going. 20-17 Bears in a close one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
This is a big time trap game. Yes Cam hasn't been playing well but that offense can definitely get it going. 20-17 Bears in a close one.

Steve Smith embarrassed us last time, didn't he? Definitely gonna need to key on him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

Steve Smith embarrassed us last time, didn't he? Definitely gonna need to key on him.
I actually think Tim Jennings should be on Smith. I think its a better matchup for us. Peanut, I LOVE, but I think he does better with bigger, physical receivers with inline speed. I think Jennings is better suited to handle receivers who have great change of direction, and cutting speed. Simply put though, if Steve Smith puts up Calvin Johnson numbers from Monday, we will win. I will continue to stick to my claim that Cam Newton is the new Vince Young.
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the Panthers are too cool to make a GDT.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Panthers won't be an easy win. But it isn't a trap game either.

The HC has every reason to want a win in Chicago. Cam Newton is restless. Smith usually has a good game against the Bears.

Close game but a win.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

I actually think Tim Jennings should be on Smith. I think its a better matchup for us. Peanut, I LOVE, but I think he does better with bigger, physical receivers with inline speed. I think Jennings is better suited to handle receivers who have great change of direction, and cutting speed. Simply put though, if Steve Smith puts up Calvin Johnson numbers from Monday, we will win. I will continue to stick to my claim that Cam Newton is the new Vince Young.
I was thinking the same thing. There height weight speed is very similar.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Nads786 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. There height weight speed is very similar.
He also is a close match to the great job Smith does at catching the ball at its highest point.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm predicting Cam Newton gets sacked 8 times and the Panthers commit 7 turnovers. Bears, 207 to -4.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 2 of 38

Jump to: