Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers VS Redskins GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who you got?
Steelers
68%
 68%  [ 13 ]
Redskins
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

stefan52268

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Steelers VS Redskins GDT Reply with quote

WHEN: Sunday 10/28/2012

WHERE: HEINZ FIELD

TIME: 1pm on Fox

HISTORY: Washington Redskins lead series 42-31-3!
Pittsburgh won the last 4 meetings against Washington!

Since Turtle28 is a Redskins/Steelers fan I asked him a few questions to fill us in about the Redskins.

1. Other than Stat Sheets and highlight reels I haven't seen much of the Redskins this season, Can you fill us in on some of the key players on both the Offense and Defense?

1 thing is that our leading receiver, TE Fred Davis tore his Achillies vs TE giants and is out for the year.

2. Griffin is our key player on offense. He's a great passer, plays like a vet. Has brought us back in several games and is clutch. He's a mobile qb with a great arm and he uses both effectively. He might be the hardest qb to defend right now because of how mobile he is and his accuracy as a qb as well.

3. Watch out for Alfred Morris, our 6th round rookie Rb. He's 2nd in the NFL in rushing behind only Arian Foster. He's been a solid north/south runner. He's tough to being down and doesn't lose yards. He is perfect for the zbs scheme we run and has shown great patience in it.

Watch out for our Wrs. Even though GarÁon is out, we still have a good crew. Hankerson leads the way with 22 catches (eventhough he hadn't started a game) he's a big guy 6'2 and has also stretched the field a few times, once catching a 68 yd TD pass vs St. Louis.

Moss had been quite but steady catching underneath passes in the slot till last game where he had 2 TDs vs the Giants.

Josh Morgan has been a solid possession wr and reliable but hasn't had any big plays. His biggest play was his block at the end of the Minnesota game which sprung Griffin for his 70 yd game winning TD run.

On defense I'd say worry about Kerrigan, he's a great pass rusher and solid in coverage. He reminds me a lot Woodley. Obviously you need to keep London Fletcher blocked, he's lost a step but still our leader and best tackler on our team. He's also had an int and Ff this year and makes big stops/turnovers when we need them.

Our team is very hard to run against mainly because of two players.

1. Barry Cofield who has been a stout NT for us for most of the year.
2. Perry Riley the ilb who plays next to Fletcher is a great one stuffer. He's been graded out as a top ten run stuffing Lb two years in a row.

If you want to beat the redskins you do so trough the air. We have one of the worst secondaries in the nfl. The only thing they've been good as being opportunistic when a qb throws an bad pass. We've picked off our share fare of passes but it's easy to complete it vs our DBs for sure, if you don't throw it right too them. They are almost always out of position and slow to recognize what the offense is doing to them.

2. What are the thoughts and Expectations of Redskins fans about the direction the team is heading?

Redskins fans are very excited about the direction we are headed. We are a young and improving team with what seems like a cornerstone at qb and a lot of young talent on both sides of the ball. Fans are concerned about the secondary and Rt positions but knew they'd be a problem before the season started.

Much like the steelers the injury bug has hit us badly.

1. Jamaal Brown (starting Rt) hasn't played a game because of a recurring hip problem.

2. Brandon Meriweather was supposed to be our starting SS but hasn't played because of a knee injury.

3. Pierre GarÁon was supposed to be our #1 wr and looked the part vs the saints going over 100 yds in the first half in that game with an 88 yd TD catch in the first half. He hasn't played much since because he injured his foot/toe on that TD catch, so we haven't had the luxury of his big play ability for every game but 1/2 of the saints game.

4. Adam Carriker (arguably our best DL and run stuffer) tore is quad vs the Rams and has been out for the year.

5. Brian Orakpo our best pass rusher and only player teams would scheme for and double team tore his Pectoral muscle vs the Rams also and is done for the year.

6. Fred Davis just tore his Achillies in the 1st half vs the giants and is also done for the year.

As you can see, Losing these starters has affected us on both sides of the ball but we've had guys step up and play well. Especially Robert Griffin and our 6th round rookie Rb Alfred Morris who is #2 in the NFL in rushing, only behind Arian Foster.

3. Give us an honest prediction for the game?

my prediction is 27- 24 steelers

I think it will be a tight hard fought game between the two teams

Thanks again Turtle for you time!

In honor of our "aging" Defense All the Random Hotties are over 35! Hopefully Our D looks as good as these Ladies do come Sunday! Very Happy

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!

Last edited by stefan52268 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
waffles7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be my first time I've ever been to Pittsburgh, this Sunday to watch my boys Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I've seen them play in Cleveland a few times but I know this experience will blow those out of the water! I can wait to be around that many Steelers fans, in that environment, in the Steel City. Needless to say I'm pumped!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
This will be my first time I've ever been to Pittsburgh, this Sunday to watch my boys Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I've seen them play in Cleveland a few times but I know this experience will blow those out of the water! I can wait to be around that many Steelers fans, in that environment, in the Steel City. Needless to say I'm pumped!

Congrats...it is indeed a great experience.

Last time I went we got crushed by the Pats, but I still had fun. Laughing

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
waffles7 wrote:

Good stuff Waffles.

Enjoy and soak it all in! I'm going to the Monday night game Vs the Chiefs.

I also have a chance to see Them in Dallas. Not sure if I'm going Since I will be in Orlando Fla. all that week.

JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:

I also have a chance to see Them in Dallas. Not sure if I'm going Since I will be in Orlando Fla. all that week.

Thinking about trying to go. I will be living about 6 hours away come December 15th.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn double post. Wink

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Last edited by JDLefebvre on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
waffles7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
waffles7 wrote:

Good stuff Waffles.

Enjoy and soak it all in! I'm going to the Monday night game Vs the Chiefs.

Thanks 43M and Stefan!

I know win or lose since its my 1st time I'll enjoy the atmosphere and just being there but for a college student Im hoping I spent my money on a winning game Laughing Id be a tad bit upset if I spent 200+ to ose to RG3 who I cant stand.

As for the Dallas game i think it be sweet to go check out that stadium! Im just afraid of heights and flying so I'll never get to see it in person. lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
stefan52268 wrote:

Thinking about trying to go. I will be living about 6 hours away come December 15th.

I have a friend that moved to Dallas 8 years ago. He turns 45 that day and invited a couple friends and myself to his home for that weekend.

SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked the Steelers to win due to how weak the Washington secondary plays, even worse than ours!

This is a game where I really want to see a couple of long bombs thrown in at the perfect time. And use Heath over and over, Cotchery in appropriate situations too.

Will be interesting to see who is the starting running back. Dwyer took maximum advantage of his opportunity, and it is great to have some real quality depth there.

IF the Steelers can run block like they did last game, they have a good chance of winning.

Lets see what home field does for Defense in the all important 4th quarter, that will probably decide the game as usual! Will the Steelers have enough speed to stop RG3 at critical junctures?
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Redskins rely on a lot of misdirection ó constant motion and the frequent use of Griffin in zone-read situations help Washington create spaces in the defense. Griffinís dual-threat ability has to stay at the front of the opposing defendersí minds.

One way to neutralize such an attack is by having a player capable of spying the quarterback and handling him one-on-one. Polamalu, with his versatile set of skills, is someone who might have been up to the task.

So, Mike Tomlinís announcement Monday that Polamalu will not play in Week 8 (and itís a horrible sign for Polamaluís health that heís being ruled out already) leaves the Steelers without that matchup option

http://nfl.si.com/2012/10/23/troy-polamalus-absence-could-set-the-stage-for-a-big-rgiii-performance/?sct=hp_t11_a4&eref=sihp.
treat88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am damn glad Holmgren wussed out and RG3 ended up a Skin instead of a Stain.

He's going to give a defense that has trouble generating pressure without scheming it absolute nightmares.

The redeeming factor there is the Skins receivers maybe bottom 5 talent wise absent Garcon and Davis.

No receiving threat at the TE/RB spots should leave Timmons free to spy Griffin....don't know if he's up to that task or not.

Should be a helluva interesting match-up.

My prediction: Home field and a Todd Haley TOP special give us the 27-24 win....nothing comes easy for the Steelers.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:

Have a great time and bring us home a victory! You'll never forget your first Steeler game in the 'Burgh.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the redskins and steelers are wearing their 80 year throw backs on Sunday ... Laughing

Both their unis are pretty ugly for the 80 year anniversary
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
waffles7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I wonder if the redskins and steelers are wearing their 80 year throw backs on Sunday ... Laughing

Both their unis are pretty ugly for the 80 year anniversary

The Steelers are wearing their throwbacks, as for Washington idk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
waffles7 wrote:

Have a great time and bring us home a victory! You'll never forget your first Steeler game in the 'Burgh.

Hopefully Im our good luck charm, if we win you all can thank me Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: