Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Carolina Panthers Starting Roster and Head Coach
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smitty89

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: 2013 Carolina Panthers Starting Roster and Head Coach Reply with quote

Since this season is all but over I am putting together my 2013 Panther starting line ups. With offseason trades, free agents, drafted players and cuts.

Head Coach - Chip Kelly/ Andy Reid/ (get a great DC to run the defense and let the offensive Gurus do work with Cam and the offense.

QB-Newton
RB-Stewart (Williams either traded or released/cut)
FB-Tolbert
WR1-Smith
WR2-Wallace/ Bowe (will take over for Smitty as #1WR in few years) (FA)
TE-Olsen
LT-Gross
LG-Silotulu
C-Kalil
RG-Levitre (FA)
RT-Vollmer (FA)

LE-Hardy
DT-Edwards
DT-Lotulelei (drafted)/ Edwards (rotate with Lotu starting)
RE-Johnson

OLB-Davis/Beason (if Beason gets injured he will for sure be gone, Davis is playing great and is a lot cheaper. Just needs his knee to hold up. I like Davis more.)
MLB-Kuechly
OLB-Anderson

CB-Gamble (statistaclly has been the best CB in NFL last 2 years before being injured)
CB-Norman
Nickel-Munnerly (best in NFL in CB3)

FS-Mcdonald USC (drafted 2nd round)
SS-Godfrey

With the right coaching staff and this roster, we can easily compete for the division again. Looking ahead.
boondock

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what you have put on paper.

A few disagreements I have, basically, if we managed to get Wallace or Bowe, Smitty is gone. We cannot afford to pay those guys plus what we are paying Smitty. Smitty would probably be cut or heavily restructured. I think we need to redo our WR corps personally, take Wallace/Bowe, with Lafell, and grab Patterson, Woods, or Hopkins in the 2nd, that's not a bad WR corps.

2nd, I don't want Andy Reid anywhere near this team. He has a knack for abandoning the run, which is part of our problem now.

Lastly, I think we need a veteran presence at FS for us to compete. I like Jarius Byrd from Buffalo if we were able to sign him. MacDonald is a solid pick up, but I think we need someone who can play right away.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to see the stats that show Chris Gamble off as "the best corner back in the NFL" please. I like the guy but I feel like we give him way too much credit on this forum.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the stat from a site a few weeks ago. Also why cut Smith if we got Bowe/Wallace? Finally would have 2 #1WR. Its clear and obvious Steve Smith isn't going anywhere and will retire a Panther. He wants to stay and Richardson wants him to be a Panther for life. He will have a statue outside the stadium in 5 years.
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Smitty isn't going anywhere. I wouldn't be too surprised if we still signed a big name receiver. It depends on how well LaFell can progress, if Gettis will return to form at all. OR who's available in the draft. I'd rather have two expensive WR's than 2 expensive RB's.

The defense is a DT and a FS from being a top 5 defense. I'd try to get Beason to restructure. Beason and Keuchly could be an unstoppable duo. You know how fast and intelligent those guys can play? Not to mention Thomas Davis.

I really like how CB staple now. Norman is going to be really good.
Zithers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd poop my pants if we actually managed to get the top FS, WR, guard, and tackle free agents... and got the #1 defensive player in the draft.

yeah it isn't happening.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd sign Jarius Byrd in FA. Not a big believer in a rookie FS helping immediately.

Then I'd draft Star, or trade back and take a OT, DT and TE in the first two rounds. I think a complete TE is more helpful right now than a rookie WR. Skill positions are a need but Id like to solidify both lines. It's pretty hard to lose if you can consistently dominate the LOS. This is exactly how San Francisco does it.

I think the defensive line is extremely close to that. Im also happy with the corner position. Josh Thomas has been a great fill in and I like his style.

Oh, and I'm drafting the best kicker in college
Smitty89

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no way the Bills let Byrd go. He is a top 5 S, the guy is amazing. My brother is a Bills fan I watch most of their games and he is in on every single play and is a poor mans Ed Reed with potential to someday be the "best" S in the NFL.

Moody wrote:
I'd sign Jarius Byrd in FA. Not a big believer in a rookie FS helping immediately.

Then I'd draft Star, or trade back and take a OT, DT and TE in the first two rounds. I think a complete TE is more helpful right now than a rookie WR. Skill positions are a need but Id like to solidify both lines. It's pretty hard to lose if you can consistently dominate the LOS. This is exactly how San Francisco does it.

I think the defensive line is extremely close to that. Im also happy with the corner position. Josh Thomas has been a great fill in and I like his style.

Toughguy77

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 questions...

1. What are the chances if we clean house we switch to a 3-4? (Davis, Beason, Kuechly, Anderson, all on the field at once)

2. Since our GM is gone do y'all see us making more moves through FA now instead of only drafting?

And final note IMO if we draft a WR past the first round it will be a complete waste, we have young talent in Lafell (great hands) and Gettis, we need FA WRs that have experience that can step up for us.
davlar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have the cap room to be discussing moves like Levitre or Bowe/Wallace, although all three would be welcome additions. I think whoever the new GM is will have plenty of wrangling with the cap to do to get us in a position to make FA moves.

Lotuleilei, although I haven't seen him play, has had nothing but positive press. If people call him the safest player in this class, so be it. Luke Kuechly was given the same title, and so far he looks promising. A stud defensive lineman can elevate an entire unit.

Thanks to JammerHammer21 for the sig - Let The Riv-Era Begin!
Moody

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:
There is no way the Bills let Byrd go. He is a top 5 S, the guy is amazing. My brother is a Bills fan I watch most of their games and he is in on every single play and is a poor mans Ed Reed with potential to someday be the "best" S in the NFL.

Moody wrote:

It's unlikely that the Panthers even have enough space to sign him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he left the Bills. He'll be highly sought after and it'll depend on whether he wants to be on a good team. Being a great player for a team like the Bills just seems like a waste of time not that Carolina has much room to talk lately but at least we have a QB for the future in a winnable division.
Panthersin12

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we can get bill cowher out of retirement.
OneBadCat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think WR is going to need help soon. If Gettis doesn't show anything we should consider drafting a guy or FA. I really do like Brandon LaFell but I'm not convinced by him just yet. He's proven that he can do damage against the weaker secondaries in the NFL but I want to see him take over a game.
Rivera won't play Gettis or Adams so we won't know with those guys.
Moody

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our receivers aren't the top in the NFL but if they improve on defense and the offensive line is fixed, this team has the ability to win with the receivers they have. Protection and a real NFL rushing attack will help Cam more than anything else and it isn't close.
jbegley8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so this might be a little crazy but this is what I would like to see happen in the offseason for my beloved Panthers.

1. Our new head coach will be either Chip Kelly of Oregon or Brad Seely the ST coach of the 49ers. I like both but id much rather us get Seely.

2. I think if we get Seely he will move us to a 3-4 Defence and we should cut Beason, Thomas Davis, Nakamura, and D - Will. These cuts will help our salary cap plus Davis and Beason dont fit in a 3-4 D.

3. The draft I think we should take Manti Te'o in the first round. He's a great person, a player and teaming him up with Kuechly in the middle could someday be better then Willis and Bowman in SF. In the 2nd round we draft NT Johnathan Jenkins out of Georgia. With these two picks it makes our move to the 3-4 defence fairly simple.

4. Now after the cuts we should have money to go after a good WR, SS and hopefully a RT.

2013 Starting Lineup
QB. Cam Newton
RB. Jon Stewart
FB. Mike Tolbert
WR1. Steve Smith
WR2. Malcom Floyd or Dwayne Bowe - signed FA
WR3. Brandon LaFell
TE. Greg Olsen
LT. Jordan Gross
LG. Amini Silatolu
C. Ryan Kalil
RG.Byron Bell
RT. James Hurst - drafted 4th round NC State.

DE. Charles Johnson
DE. Greg Hardy
NT. Johnathan Jnkins - drafted 2nd round Georgia
OLB. Frank Alexander
OLB. Thomas Keiser or Devin Taylor - drafted 5th round South Carolina
MLB. MantiTe'o - drafted1st round Notre Dame
MLB. Luke Kuechly
CB. Chris Gamble
CB. Josh Norman
SS. Charles Godfrey
FS. Jairus Byrd - signed FA

Well this is wat id like to see happen, so let me know what you guys think.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: