Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TRADE DEADLINE WISH LIST
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick49er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: TRADE DEADLINE WISH LIST Reply with quote

With the trade deadline coming to an end, what do people think....do we need to add anyone to our roster...are there any guys out there that could help us make a run for the superbowl.

I personally would like to add a #1 WR. I dont know what it is.....could it be Alex Smith, a lack of talent at the position or is it just that we like to run the ball alot , but we hardly get production from our WR'S.

I would love to add Dwayne Bowe or Greg Jennings to our stocks. Bowe might be on the block because his team is garbage and KC might want to start to rebuild there team and could use some draft picks.

Jennings may not be needed in Green Bay....with the emergence of Nelson,Jones and Cobb now....the Packers might be willing to offload him for a high draft pick or picks as well.

We could also use some added depth to our DE, OLB AND S positions.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we need to add a receiver. Crabtree is a legit #1 receiver imo while we have two very good #2's in Manningham and Moss. Blame it on what you want, but the talent at the wideout position is there. I honestly don't think we really need to trade for anyone. The only way I could see us making a trade is if we want to try and get something for a player we aren't planning on resigning this offseason. With that said there is only a handful of options there: Goldson, ICE, RJF, and Delanie Walker. I can't see us trading our starting FS while in contention for a superbowl. I could see, although I find it very doutbful, us trading ICE if they feel confident that they could sign RJF to a long term deal and he could step in and play to a level as good or better the Sopoaga. Lastly Delanie Walker: I think this is the most likely to get traded if anyone on our roster does. He probably won't stick around after the season is through and is not a starter on this team. I could see someone giving up a mid round pick for Walker and honestly I think that we'd accept an offer like that. We have a young Garrett Celek who the coaching staff seems to like, and we have Demarcus Dobbs who played a little TE in training camp/preseason. All in all i don't see us being active when it comes to trading this season.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Nick49er

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
I don't think we need to add a receiver. Crabtree is a legit #1 receiver imo while we have two very good #2's in Manningham and Moss. Blame it on what you want, but the talent at the wideout position is there. I honestly don't think we really need to trade for anyone. The only way I could see us making a trade is if we want to try and get something for a player we aren't planning on resigning this offseason. With that said there is only a handful of options there: Goldson, ICE, RJF, and Delanie Walker. I can't see us trading our starting FS while in contention for a superbowl. I could see, although I find it very doutbful, us trading ICE if they feel confident that they could sign RJF to a long term deal and he could step in and play to a level as good or better the Sopoaga. Lastly Delanie Walker: I think this is the most likely to get traded if anyone on our roster does. He probably won't stick around after the season is through and is not a starter on this team. I could see someone giving up a mid round pick for Walker and honestly I think that we'd accept an offer like that. We have a young Garrett Celek who the coaching staff seems to like, and we have Demarcus Dobbs who played a little TE in training camp/preseason. All in all i don't see us being active when it comes to trading this season.

I think the lack of WR production is based more on Alex Smith's ability to get them the ball and the fact that we are a team who like to pound the rock first. I think Crabtree is more a #2 WR in my book then a legit #1. He shows flashes of brilliance here and there, but is also capable of going missing during games. I think the combination of Crabtree and Manningham is decent enough at the moment to get us by, but i still think there is room for an elite #1 guy like Jennings or Bowe. I just wish we had the old Randy Moss when he was in his prime. He still is a great athlete, but we are not using him enough for him to have a major impact these days.

Out of the above guys you mentioned i think we have to work on giving Goldson a long term deal. He keeps producing at a high level week in week out now. (Bowman and Goldson need to be signed to long term deals).

Delanie and Ice are run of the mill guys to me, both do a reasonable job, but i wouldnt be upset if we let either go.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the wrs we have are good enough. I agree that we could use help on sts though.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone hit the nail on the head. I think we didnt make him an offer because we signed Cartright to fill his spot. I thought he ran really well during the preseason and I was very surprised when he was cut. I think baalke assumed Dixon would be cut bc signing jacobs and the rock would have effectively upgraded the two things that dixon contributes - a big back who sometimes dances and a above average special teamer. so maybe it was a mistake not cutting him but Jim loves his FBs Laughing

Speaking of FBs I want to see bruce miller get the ball more. he always seems to do well outside of that one dropped pass

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're going to fantasize about trades, I have a candidate I would like the 9ers to trade for...he's in Indy, about 6'6", 250lbs, excellent route runner and runs a 4.45 40 with GREAT hands to boot (Delanie, take note please!).

Sad
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wish: trade Alex Smith. For anything. It can be a gum wrapper. Do it!

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:

+1 Sad

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
neezy007

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to come in here and jokingly say we should trade for Cam Newton, but then I saw Blake Costonzo's face. Livvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

War Blake- He is Tony Montana
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Psychlone wrote:

+1 Sad

At least this guy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:

Hi, I'm Ataal, and I approve of this message.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
My wish: trade Alex Smith. For anything. It can be a gum wrapper. Do it!

yup...lets trade him to the chiefs, we'll take tyson jackson / glenn dorsey off their hands and turn them into an all pros
adamq

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind sending Carolina that 6th back for Jones.. OLB depth would be great, but I doubt there's any way we'd get good value for such an important position, though.

-kiltman

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
Wouldn't mind sending Carolina that 6th back for Jones.. OLB depth would be great, but I doubt there's any way we'd get good value for such an important position, though.

This.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: