Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Minnesota Vikings (Thursday)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Week 8: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Minnesota Vikings (Thursday) Reply with quote

Coming off of an emotional loss, this is going to be a tough test.

This is another one of those games where it's strength against strength. Adrian Peterson vs. our run defense and Jared Allen & Co. vs. our offensive line.

The offense seems to have found it's mojo in these last few weeks, but the defense is scrambling for answers. Our pass-rush is non-existant and our secondary continues to get beaten over the top. We are going to need a much better effort from them if we are going to win on the road.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short week is what worries me most.
ramblinbuc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being from the midwest, I get to see and hear alot about the Vikings. I think Peterson is out to prove something, but that our run-d can keep him in check. I would guess 75-100 yards from him. We need to make sure to contain Harvin, Ponder is not very good at throwing deep, but with Harvin I worry about short passes turned into large gains. I think this is another game where V.Jax and Williams should be able to get alot of production, as long as Freeman does not make any mistakes. I see it being a tight game, with whoever has more turnovers being the team that loses, Im going to be a homer here and say the score will end up being something like this:

Bucs:24
Vikes:21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is 100% on the D. The offense should do alright, we just have to hold them to a reasonable number of points.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to see some of Bowers!

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, vd here.

ramblinbuc wrote:
I think this is another game where V.Jax and Williams should be able to get alot of production

gosh, not so sure about that...

we shut down Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald just fine.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramblinbuc wrote:
Being from the midwest, I get to see and hear alot about the Vikings. I think Peterson is out to prove something, but that our run-d can keep him in check. I would guess 75-100 yards from him. We need to make sure to contain Harvin, Ponder is not very good at throwing deep, but with Harvin I worry about short passes turned into large gains. I think this is another game where V.Jax and Williams should be able to get alot of production, as long as Freeman does not make any mistakes. I see it being a tight game, with whoever has more turnovers being the team that loses, Im going to be a homer here and say the score will end up being something like this:

Keeping Peterson in check is often easier said that done. He has shown he can run on any run defense this year, he had good games against the 49ers and Cardinals. Two teams known for stopping the run.

The Vikings do a great job against WRs like Vincent Jackson. They completely shut down Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. However, its the Donnie Avery, Andre Robert, Reggie Wayne type of WRs that the Vikings really struggle against. I think Jackson will be limited, but Mike Williams could have a decent game. The VIkings pass defense has been quite good and are among the best in the league at limiting down field passing plays. They do give up a lot of underneath passes, but if you attack the secondary down field, it probably wont be as effective as you might think. It only benefits the pass rush.

MN is a tough team at home, and given that the road team seems to struggle on TNF, I have the Vikes winning 27-17.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the short week combined with AD and Harvin playing like they are, I don't like our odds. I'd say something like

Bucs 21
Vikes 27

And it's probably 14-27 before we score a late touchdown.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is the kicker on your team?

ours is a rookie, Blair Walsh, and he's been hot this season so far.

16 for 17 on FG's, including three from 50+, and leads the NFL in touchbacks with 27 on 38 KO's.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
ramblinbuc wrote:

Keeping Peterson in check is often easier said that done. He has shown he can run on any run defense this year, he had good games against the 49ers and Cardinals. Two teams known for stopping the run.

The Vikings do a great job against WRs like Vincent Jackson. They completely shut down Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. However, its the Donnie Avery, Andre Robert, Reggie Wayne type of WRs that the Vikings really struggle against. I think Jackson will be limited, but Mike Williams could have a decent game. The VIkings pass defense has been quite good and are among the best in the league at limiting down field passing plays. They do give up a lot of underneath passes, but if you attack the secondary down field, it probably wont be as effective as you might think. It only benefits the pass rush.

MN is a tough team at home, and given that the road team seems to struggle on TNF, I have the Vikes winning 27-17.

Obviously, AP is going to get his yardage, he is a great player. The hope is not to have one of his dominant 150+ yardage. I would expect the Bucs to play a lot of single high safety with Barron playing in the box. Certainly Rudolph and Harvin are very good players. I would expect the Bucs CBs to play a lot of man coverage because of Barron in the box and try to make Ponder beat the pass coverage with throws over 15 yards. I wouldn't be suprised to see Wright on Harvin throughout most of the game, even if Percy is in the slot.

When the Bucs have the ball, I expect the Vikings to play a lot of Cover 2. I don't expect a lot of blitzing because of the d-line's ability to pass rush, plus not a lot of teams don't want their CBs on an island with Williams and Jackson. Penn and Allen is going to be a good match-up. Penn and Nicks on the left side have been really strong in the running game, I expect Martin to get a decent amount of carries to the left side. Nicks is just a huge G, a real mauler.

Freeman is starting to hit his stride. Unfortunately, this was his third different offense to learn in his four years, so his learning curve has been steep. He has been playing well over the last 2 1/2 games in particular, so I don't expect him to get impatient and force deep when the Vikings are in Cover 2 or man under coverage.

I believe the Bucs best personnel package on offense is 1 RB(Martin), 1 TE (Clark), and 3 WRs (Jackson, Williams, Underwood). It gives the offense flexibility to run still if the defense counters with a nickel package. Also, if the Vikings stays in Cover 2, the Bucs have used this personnel grouping to run bubble screens on the outside.

Looking forward to a really good game on Thursday night.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
who is the kicker on your team?

ours is a rookie, Blair Walsh, and he's been hot this season so far.

16 for 17 on FG's, including three from 50+, and leads the NFL in touchbacks with 27 on 38 KO's.

Connor Barth ended a 25-in-a-row streak, which included a bunch of 50+ yarders (and a 57 yarder), against KC and is 1/3 since then. Dunno what to expect from him. I hope he snaps back.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

Everyone has done well against CJ this year, but I'll give you Fitzgerald.

vikingsrule wrote:
Keeping Peterson in check is often easier said that
done. He has shown he can run on any run defense this year, he had good games against the 49ers and Cardinals. Two teams known for stopping the run.

Two teams that are ranked 15th and 21st against the run. We're 3rd.

Come on now guys, you can come in and talk up your team but at least be reasonable about it.

We need to find a pass rush for this game, and we really need to account for Harvin. If not we're going to be in for a long night.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woops double post.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
hey guys, vd here.

ramblinbuc wrote:
I think this is another game where V.Jax and Williams should be able to get alot of production

gosh, not so sure about that...

Rolling Eyes

I'm interested in seeing how exactly the vikings are 5-2
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in 2011 we started 4-2 and then lost 10 straight.

This year we're 2-4. What are the chances we start a 10 game win streak?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 1 of 40

Jump to: