Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nicks Compensatory Pick?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wow_junky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Nicks Compensatory Pick? Reply with quote

Do we get one?

If so, what do you reckon it would be? Asomugha fetched the Raiders a 3rd last year so the same or a 4th?
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you get a compensatory pick if you signed more players than you lost or something like that, so we likely won't receive one considering we signed a good amount of free agents.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Porter22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I don't think you get a compensatory pick if you signed more players than you lost or something like that, so we likely won't receive one considering we signed a good amount of free agents.
I think it depends on the money you're spending on free agents. And we spent a lot on Bunkley, Hawthorne and Lofton, so we could end up without any compensatory pick. If they just compare Nicks with our highest paid free agent we could get some picks. How much did Meachem get from the Chargers? And Dunbar from the Rams?

Edit: I just looked up some rules and our moves this offseason and if I'm not wrong, we might could get a 3rd rounder for Nicks.
Quote:

Signed players cancel out lost players with equal contracts, then lower contracts, before canceling out higher contracts.

So we lost the following players:

Porter
Franklin
Rogers
Meachem
Dunbar
Nicks

The first 5 are canceled out by Chamberlain, Lofton, Grubbs, Hawthorne and Bunkley.
Won't bet anything on this beeing true, but this is how I understand it...

Last edited by Porter22 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
wow_junky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicks, Meachem, Porter, Dunbarr, Franklin + Rodgers?
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:

And the first 5 are starters on other teams...Maybe we will get that 3rd for Nicks. That'd be real nice, considering Grubbs has been a top 5 OG this season.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
wow_junky wrote:

And the first 5 are starters on other teams...Maybe we will get that 3rd for Nicks. That'd be real nice, considering Grubbs has been a top 5 OG this season.

Who it is again that awards these picks?

The NFL... Oh yeah, we ain't gettin Jack Sh*T!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
wow_junky wrote:

Who it is again that awards these picks?

The NFL... Oh yeah, we ain't gettin Jack Sh*T!!!

The NFL isn't out to get us. Nor is it Goodell who decides compensation picks, they likely have a whole other group of people who figure this out.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The NFL isn't out to get us

Have you even kept up with all the offseason bullsh*t? The more and more the Saints players fight back the more and more the NFL act like a pis*d off parent who has just relized that there kid was right and they were wrong but would rather have the kid just shut up and be quiet about it then just admit they were wrong.

Quote:
Nor is it Goodell who decides compensation picks

What exactly has stoped Godell from doing exacty what he wants in the past? I'm sure he'd love the idea of taking away a 2nd rounder from us only to have to award a 3rd back because of this.

I get what your saying... in a real world the things you brought up are true and should be and handled in that fashion, but this inst the real world... it's Rodger Godell's fantasy land and were all along for the ride.

Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:

Have you even kept up with all the offseason bullsh*t? The more and more the Saints players fight back the more and more the NFL act like a pis*d off parent who has just relized that there kid was right and they were wrong but would rather have the kid just shut up and be quiet about it then just admit they were wrong.

Quote:

What exactly has stoped Godell from doing exacty what he wants in the past? I'm sure he'd love the idea of taking away a 2nd rounder from us only to have to award a 3rd back because of this.

I get what your saying... in a real world the things you brought up are true and should be and handled in that fashion, but this inst the real world... it's Rodger Godell's fantasy land and were all along for the ride.

Yes I've kept up with all the offseason stuff. How was the NFL acted wrong? They gave us a fair warning to stop and nothing would happen and we ignored them, this is what happens when you fight the power. Goodell hasn't given us any additional penalties from all the complaining the players have done so I really don't know what you're talking about, he even said if we behave ourselves we'll likely get our 2nd round pick back.

Saints fans really need to cut out the conspiracy theory BS, it just makes us look bad. We broke the rules, we got punished, thats how life works.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Yes I've kept up with all the offseason stuff. How was the NFL acted wrong? They gave us a fair warning to stop and nothing would happen and we ignored them, this is what happens when you fight the power. Goodell hasn't given us any additional penalties from all the complaining the players have done so I really don't know what you're talking about, he even said if we behave ourselves we'll likely get our 2nd round pick back.

Saints fans really need to cut out the conspiracy theory BS, it just makes us look bad. We broke the rules, we got punished, thats how life works.

Did they break the rules? Sure...

Did they deserve to be punished? Absoutly...

Did the punishment fit the crime? HELL NO!!!

What are you are talking about... send me some evidence, some hard core evidence that proves what the leauge is claiming. You can't and neither can they. All you have is a pay for performance program that is at best a minor deal.

The Green bay packers were caught with one the year they won the superbowl, (swept under the rug). The leauge themselves approved Reggie White's "smash for cash" program in 96. This sh*t has been a part of football for ever but now with the x-player lawsuits they wanna act like its bigger than what it actually was so the leauge can have their ACE in the hole come court time.

Sure this hasent been a beef aganist the Saints per say, the Saints just so happened to be the team the got caught with a progeam that they felt they could swig into their favor for the betterment of the leauge in the future. The one thing Godell misjudged was the facct that he felt with his strong arm ways that the Saints players would act like good lil sholdiers and take it lying down.

He was wrong... and he's been running ever since.

Every move Godell has made since the players have started fighting back is that of a man that knows is butt is caught between a rock and a hard place. He is guilty as they come and is going to eventually have to answer for this.

Sure, they broke the rules... hell I got caught speeding the other day but you know what, I got a ticket.

The New Orleans PD dident throw me in jail for a year!

The punishment must fit the crime. Godell has abused his power and destroyed peoples characters in the process of trying to cover up the leauges obvious non concern over player saftey in the past.

If you can show me proof of what you and the leauge claim... im all ears, until then I stand by the players.

Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, this would've been swept under the rid had Payton and Gregg Williams ended the bounty program the FIRST time the NFL asked. They released a freaking power point that Gregg Williams kept that had money amounts for "cart offs" and Gregg Williams himself admitted to paying players for cart offs, which are defined as a player having to be removed from the game via a cart.
Saints fans playing this conspiracy theory BS just make us look dumb. If your boss tells you to stop doing something and you give him a big f you and continue to do it you bet your butt theirs going to be a large punishment.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

conspiracy theory BS just make us look dumb- Harper41

I´m not trying to argue but I would assume that there is a difference between going to to your bosses office and getting in trouble. and going through a court system, and getting In trouble.

As a retired deputy I hope that I can have some credibility.

Perhaps the divide I keep reading on this Saints Forum is that people believe through perception of reality, on which they lean on their personal compass. Leads them to believe that If someone does something wrong they should be punished.

Either in the work place or in a courtroom, sufficient evidence has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt (meaning 95%) that the party in question is guilty. Without that, you have no case.

Also As far as the workplace goes. If you have a CBA or contract in place, with loopholes. Sorry Its in the contract. that is the double edge sword of unions and contracts.

So I suppose putting opinions out there is ok, but I have read alot of things that come off as ¨you think or believe that you look stupid, or make Saints fans look stupid¨.

Could we all just agree to disagree?

It´s not like this is going to go away overnight, and since my beloved Saints or getting better, and making strides in the season. Its often tapered with and has some bad joojoo or stigmas.

anyways sorry to rant on here, maybe trade Smith before the next draft for some picks?
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints fans want to cry about lack if evidence but why would Goodell make this up? Payton didn't deny it, Gregg Williams admitted it. That's all the evidence he needs, Saints fans think we're entitled to see the evidence, well guess what? He doesn't have to show us ish. Especially when the man in charge of the whole bounty system ADMITTED it.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints fans?

Lol Of course Goodell didn´t make it up, thats not what I put in my message. I said there has to be evidence shown
¨beyond a reasonable doubt¨ meaning overwhelming. Not something a 5 year old could put together in a backroom before shown and tell. Payton may not have denied it, but he didn´t confess to it. and really... greg williams confession is enough? Rolling Eyes hmm that would mean that Jimmy Kennedy is a lair for saying that Godell is a lair for saying his a whistle blower right? or Godell stepping aside and asking to review the case is not a sign of somethings not right.

come on Harper41 Cool

let me ask you this, If Mr. Tagliabue lowers or does not punish the players. Are you fine with that? or will you still ask for heads to roll?

Also Im not crying, just asking for a rational thought. nothing more than that.

Also whodatworm23 I like your post keep them up.
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saint-Anger_13 wrote:
Saints fans?

Lol Of course Goodell didn´t make it up, thats not what I put in my message. I said there has to be evidence shown
¨beyond a reasonable doubt¨ meaning overwhelming. Not something a 5 year old could put together in a backroom before shown and tell. Payton may not have denied it, but he didn´t confess to it. and really... greg williams confession is enough? Rolling Eyes hmm that would mean that Jimmy Kennedy is a lair for saying that Godell is a lair for saying his a whistle blower right? or Godell stepping aside and asking to review the case is not a sign of somethings not right.

come on Harper41 Cool

let me ask you this, If Mr. Tagliabue lowers or does not punish the players. Are you fine with that? or will you still ask for heads to roll?

Also Im not crying, just asking for a rational thought. nothing more than that.

Also whodatworm23 I like your post keep them up.

If you worked in the criminal justice system like you claimed you did you'd know that a written confession is 100% all anybody needs. Gregg Williams acknowledged that their was a bounty system in New Orleans and that everything Goodell said was true, I don't get how anyone can argue that.
If Tagliabue lowers the penalties of course I wouldn't care, why would I? Nor have I been talking about you with the conspiracy theory comments, I'm referring to Saints fans who claim if we don't get a compensation pick its because Goodell hates the big bad Saints, stuff like that is baseless, ridiculous and just makes Saints fans as a whole look stupid and ignorant.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: