Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Lions Salary Cap (updated 1/23/13)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a good breakdown I found today.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:

That's awful.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

That's awful.

What I find funny about it is most people are saying Mayhew is not at fault for the poor cap. As I scan the list he has a ton of players he brought in that are causing the problem too

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

That's awful.

What I find funny about it is most people are saying Mayhew is not at fault for the poor cap. As I scan the list he has a ton of players he brought in that are causing the problem too

Examples?

Cause the only ones that I find to be problems are guys that most are expecting us to release or renegotiate.

Burleson
Shaun Hill
Vanden Bosch
Palmer

Those are the only guys he's brought in that I consider to be high right now. Everyone else I'd say seems about fair.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

That's awful.

Examples?

Cause the only ones that I find to be problems are guys that most are expecting us to release or renegotiate.

Burleson
Shaun Hill
Vanden Bosch
Palmer

Those are the only guys he's brought in that I consider to be high right now. Everyone else I'd say seems about fair.

The players he drafted high to against his cap too.

I'm not saying all bad just saying he is just as at fault for cap issues. It was not all left to him this way

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

That's awful.

Examples?

Burleson
Shaun Hill
Vanden Bosch
Palmer

I'm not saying all bad just saying he is just as at fault for cap issues. It was not all left to him this way

Well I mean some isn't his fault, like taking over an 0-16 team and having the #1 pick under the old rookie wage scale.

But arguably could've chosen better players who are more deserving of the salaries. Don't think anyone would argue that Mayhew is free of blame when it comes to the cap.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

That's awful.

Examples?

Burleson
Shaun Hill
Vanden Bosch
Palmer

Well I mean some isn't his fault, like taking over an 0-16 team and having the #1 pick under the old rookie wage scale.

But arguably could've chosen better players who are more deserving of the salaries. Don't think anyone would argue that Mayhew is free of blame when it comes to the cap.

He didn't have a choice when he signed up on having to pay number one pick money. I think Stafford has done well, but needs to improve. Suh was from the draft after that and still was in ridiculous cap issues after a year of Culpepper and Stafford getting hurt. Other than those two, and maybe Pettigrew but his isn't bad then I don't think the picks are bad. Before the wage scale, rookies held teams hostage. If they didn't get Suh or Stafford signed then he would be considered a failure for that. Trading down was hard then too so unless he gave the pick away and got criticized for that he really couldn't control much.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:

That's awful.

Examples?

Burleson
Shaun Hill
Vanden Bosch
Palmer

He didn't have a choice when he signed up on having to pay number one pick money. I think Stafford has done well, but needs to improve. Suh was from the draft after that and still was in ridiculous cap issues after a year of Culpepper and Stafford getting hurt. Other than those two, and maybe Pettigrew but his isn't bad then I don't think the picks are bad. Before the wage scale, rookies held teams hostage. If they didn't get Suh or Stafford signed then he would be considered a failure for that. Trading down was hard then too so unless he gave the pick away and got criticized for that he really couldn't control much.

Always somebody willing to let him off. Such crap. I look down that list and he is responsible for over 50% of the money on this cap!

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detfan to Mayhew is the exact opposite of what NBT is to Moss
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YlionsY wrote:

People wonder why our society is going down the drain. Economy sucks...all this downsizing etc.

This is perfect example. Nobody is held accountable these days.

Nobody. If there was one ounce of accountability these days we would be in a lot better shape. Lions included.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
nagahide13

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

People wonder why our society is going down the drain. Economy sucks...all this downsizing etc.

Nobody. If there was one ounce of accountability these days we would be in a lot better shape. Lions included.

Well, who do you hold accountable? Mayhew? The GM of one team? The owners? The league? The NFLPA?

Personally, I blame the owners and the NFLPA. They let a system get absolutely out of control, and we're THE team that's paying for it because of our previous mediocrity... for which Mayhew is not responsible.

Mayhew is responsible for not being perfect, but no GM or even human is. His decisions are obviously his responsibility, but he he's been pretty much great at decision making when compared to his peers.

Believe me, I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility. If I were Mayhew, I'd be pretty upset with myself... However, as an outside observer I have some perspective. Mayhew is about 6th down the list when it comes to fault.

1. The owners
2. The NFLPA
3. The players themselves
4. The Ford family
5. Matt Millen
6. Mayhew.
YlionsY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Get off your soapbox. This is a football forum on the internet.

Go preach elsewhere.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
YlionsY wrote:

Well, who do you hold accountable? Mayhew? The GM of one team? The owners? The league? The NFLPA?

Personally, I blame the owners and the NFLPA. They let a system get absolutely out of control, and we're THE team that's paying for it because of our previous mediocrity... for which Mayhew is not responsible.

Mayhew is responsible for not being perfect, but no GM or even human is. His decisions are obviously his responsibility, but he he's been pretty much great at decision making when compared to his peers.

Believe me, I'm a firm believer in personal responsibility. If I were Mayhew, I'd be pretty upset with myself... However, as an outside observer I have some perspective. Mayhew is about 6th down the list when it comes to fault.

1. The owners
2. The NFLPA
3. The players themselves
4. The Ford family
5. Matt Millen
6. Mayhew.

Agreed, I'm not happy with Mayhew, but he is not responsible for the contracts of Stafford and Suh. He is responsible for Calvin's new contract but if he lets Calvin go he is crucified by fans. That contract is on par for what Calvin deserves. And it's funny, Detfans statement alone is proof since he blames Mayhew for over %50 of the money yet he picks all the players. He is the GM and should be responsible for the contracts but the bad ones are not on him. KVB is, but that was a great signing when he made it, and started a change in culture here. It looks bad now but he wasn't complaining three years ago.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we release KVB and Raiola after June 1st their dead money doesn't come off until next year, which will help a lot. Wink
DrRay11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usedaschwartz wrote:
If we release KVB and Raiola after June 1st their dead money doesn't come off until next year, which will help a lot. Wink

True for this year, but also just making next year worse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: