Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Record: 4-12 or 7-9?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-10 or 7-9
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings are in my opinion the weakest team in the North and the Lions found a way to lose both games against them.

The Bears and Packers are both significantly better than the Vikings so I expect the Lions get swept by North opponents.

That puts them at 4-8

Houston? I don't think so. 4-9

Atlanta? Not very likely. 4-10

That leaves Arizona and the Colts.

Andrew Luck is playing very well and has lead the Colts to a better record than most imagined. The Colts won't be sleeping in the first half like the Lions. A very winnable game but as we've seen so far that doesn't mean much. I see this as a loss.

4-11

Arizona? This should be a victory. There is sufficient talent gap that I think even with offence only playing 1/2 games this year it's a victory.

5-11 sounds about right. This represents a huge disapointment to the organization, the players and the fans. Personally I thought the Lions would regress this year but I certainly didn't see the Lions having as little success as they have.

If 5-11 ends up being their record we can probably expect some changes in the off season.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:

If 5-11 ends up being their record we can probably expect some changes in the off season.

I assume you mean coaching changes? Cause I can already see a bunch of personnel changes on defense especially.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that we'll win at least 2 or 3 more games. This team still has the talent to blow up one week and take out anyone, and the Bears/Falcons might not have much to play for at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
I think that we'll win at least 2 or 3 more games. This team still has the talent to blow up one week and take out anyone, and the Bears/Falcons might not have much to play for at the end of the season.

I highly doubt the Falcons would rest their starters in the 2nd to last game as they are looking for home-field advantage, if they continue to win that is. The Bears are trying to do the same thing. Also, if this did happen, it doesn't say much about the Lions gaining a hollow victory at the end of the year against second string players.

I forsee the Lions maybe winning a game or two and that's it from here on out. I don't know who it would be against though. There are no Jaguars left on the schedule.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

I assume you mean coaching changes? Cause I can already see a bunch of personnel changes on defense especially.

Yes, I meant administrative or coaching changes.

I know in the past WCF has been loyal but if they end the season 5-11 that's a huge step backwards and I think there will be some level of repercussions. At least I hope so.

I really want to see a commitment to winning and for the players it's going to be difficult to keep believing if regression to the depth a 5-11 season is accepted.

That's just my 2 cents. I think you're right about player changes as well. I just don't know which ones until free agency and the draft paint a clearer picture.

On defence there's some obvious targets but who really knows.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
tytalton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit at this point I would absolutely hate to see coaching or administrative changes but this team is a complete gutless disaster. I don't think coaching or other front office changes would be much of a burden at this point. This team is going nowhere. I think the only keeper right now is Stafford. I'd even listen to offers for CJ if the price was a Herschel Walker type of deal.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tytalton wrote:
I have to admit at this point I would absolutely hate to see coaching or administrative changes but this team is a complete gutless disaster. I don't think coaching or other front office changes would be much of a burden at this point. This team is going nowhere. I think the only keeper right now is Stafford. I'd even listen to offers for CJ if the price was a Herschel Walker type of deal.

Personally if I had to move one of those players I would move Stafford before CJ.

I think you picked a good word, gutless. That is a pretty good description of the Lions right now.

The only guy I see that seems driven and determined is CJ. He's out there less than 100% giving it his all every play and at times it almost seems as if the other players are watching and waiting for him to single handed win games.

I have so many questions when I watch the Lions right now.

Where is the emotion? Stafford often seems lifeless. Where is the guy that would get all fired up like last year?

It just seems like I'm watching a team going through the motions.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd fire our entire defensive coaching staff, except our DB's coach, and put in a system like Seattle. They are playing excellent defensive football. We're doing it with smoke and mirrors, IMO. Get rid of Avril and KVB. Move Suh to d-end. Keep L-Jack and SLH. Play big in the trenches. And draft one of the monster CB's in the first and a saftey in the second.
andjordand

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Lions will resurge to beat a down-on-their-luck Packers next Sunday, but then drop consecutive games to Houston and Indianapolis to be officially out of the playoff hunt for the 2012 season. I'm expecting them to beat Arizona and a resting Chicago to finish at 7-9.

Where do they go from here?

UNLESS the offense's first half performances drastically change, I think Scott Linehan will be on the outs. My initial thoughts are that an offensive-minded former head coach like Norv Turner or Andy Reid would be a good coaching option, although I would guess NFL teams only hit on this type of move 1/3 of the time, or so it seems. We don't need another Mike Martz.

I'm not against promoting receiver's coach Shaun Jefferson from within the organization. Somehow, someway, the Lions have GOT to light a fire under this offense and find a receiving option replacement for Nate Burleson in the future, and I think Jefferson is either going to be part of the solution or part of the problem. Let Detroit promote him to a sink-or-swim role and let us as fans find out.

Answering questions on defense is a bit more dicey. Schwartz seems to like Gunther and I think it's easier to give him a pass based on talent and injuries in the back 7. I think Kris Kocurek could instead take the fall for Gunther, if the D-Line continues to fail to get pressure on opposing QB's, especially with these home games down the stretch. Lack of talent may be one thing, but every player on the defense has regressed or not lived up to their potential with the exception of Levy, Green and Houston -I can only explain this by coaching flaws.
tytalton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dh I agree about CJ being the only lion playing hard out there. Despite being hurt no less.....but in all honesty I can't see a GM from another team looking at anyone on the lion roster and saying 'I want that guy' besides CJ. I think he has the only trade value for this team at the moment.

However - as a side note if we were to move CJ we open up a whole new can of worms because I think the scouting department has some deficiencies when it comes to scouting/drafting WR's and TE's. They overvalue some traits and take themselves out of the running for better players. Titus over Torrey Smith is still a head scratcher to me. We can't even draft a complimentary player to CJ. So we are probably going to remain pretty inept at that spot regardless.
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One step closer to the best cornerback in the draft!
stylish313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usedaschwartz wrote:
One step closer to the best cornerback in the draft!
Won't matter. We need a good CB, two good S's, and after Avril is released two good DE's. Not to mention an immediate replacement for that tub of lard aka Peterman.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That 4-12 is looking more and more realistic.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
That 4-12 is looking more and more realistic.

Still think we can find a way to win 1-2 more games though finishing 4-12 would no longer shock me at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: