Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8: Patriots (4-3) vs. Rams (3-4) @ Wembley Stadium
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i don't get is how do we not blitz those great LBs more often? each of them showed he is very capable but we do it so few times a game.

We spent a high first round pick on Mayo, a first round pick on Hightower and a 2nd round pick on Spikes and we all know that for neither one coverage is a strength, run stopping and blitzing is a much bigger strength for them but we barely use it.

Spikes for one covering the flat is just embracing to be honest but he is an amazing run stopper and seems very good at blitzing.

Edit:
Is Belichick not using more blitzes because he is waiting for the backfield to improve so it won't cause such a liability? because it won't, year after year ti doesn't, might aswell gamble more with blitzes.
Tom Brady Tribute
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats set new record with 17 straight 350 yard games.
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pats became the 31st team to allow a 20 yard run, leaving Houston as the only team to not do so. The Bills lead the NFL with 12 runs allowed of 20+ yards.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most complete game by far this season. Lloyd will get his. I have no worries about him. We'll get hot like we always do and go on a midseason run once we find an identity. The rest of our season comes down to how Houston goes the rest of the way. I don't think the Ravens will hold their seed, and could set up for a potential #1 seed when we face the Texans late in the season. Things are looking up for us going into the bye.

Aite,

peace.
Sciz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridley is on pace for over 1400 rushing yards this season.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
What i don't get is how do we not blitz those great LBs more often? each of them showed he is very capable but we do it so few times a game.

We spent a high first round pick on Mayo, a first round pick on Hightower and a 2nd round pick on Spikes and we all know that for neither one coverage is a strength, run stopping and blitzing is a much bigger strength for them but we barely use it.

Spikes for one covering the flat is just embracing to be honest but he is an amazing run stopper and seems very good at blitzing.

Edit:
Is Belichick not using more blitzes because he is waiting for the backfield to improve so it won't cause such a liability? because it won't, year after year ti doesn't, might aswell gamble more with blitzes.

The Pats have never blitzed much under Belichick. They might have 1 or 2 games per year where they use a few more blitzes than usual due to a specific gameplan or weakness they find in an opponent - but that's really it.

Even when they had a great secondary, they didn't blitz a ton. It doesn't matter who the coordinator is - Crennel, Pees or Patricia. It's never been a big part of the defense.

What the Patriots have gotten away from is using confusion and different fronts/groupings to make their 4 man rush effective. People think of the Crennel years as blitz heavy, but a lot of that is people confusing a 4 man rush from a 1-5-5 package as a blitz.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Gronkowski said he got the Welsh Guard celebration dance idea from Chandler Jones. The second one came from Deion Branch.

http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/262662217265205249
Tom Brady Tribute
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Gronkowski said he got the Welsh Guard celebration dance idea from Chandler Jones. The second one came from Deion Branch.

http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/262662217265205249

I guess everyone on the team figures that Gronk will have the most opportunities for celebratory dances so they give him all their ideas? Laughing
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When asked what the dance was, Gronkowski responded, "That little nutcracker dude that's guarding the house."

http://twitter.com/jeffphowe/statuses/262663399928901633

That really made me laugh Laughing
Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Belichick, in a rare candid moment, admitted the pass rush until today "wasn't as good as what I hoped it would be."

http://twitter.com/GregABedard/statuses/262684007781765120
Tom Brady Tribute
HOVA333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:

Imagine Shocked

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Imagine Shocked
I don't think he'll get quite that many, mainly because they're probably going to give Vereen and Bolden [once he comes back] more carries as the season wears on to keep Ridley fresh. Plus they face some really tough run defenses in the 2nd half [Miami x2, San Fran, Houston]. But I can definitely see him get somewhere around 1250.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Gronk one of the three most internationally known non-quarterbacks in the league right now in terms of average person recognition? I think he has to be up there with Ray Lewis and maybe Tebow...

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
rabbisson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
HOVA333 wrote:
Sciz wrote:

Imagine Shocked
I don't think he'll get quite that many, mainly because they're probably going to give Vereen and Bolden [once he comes back] more carries as the season wears on to keep Ridley fresh. Plus they face some really tough run defenses in the 2nd half [Miami x2, San Fran, Houston]. But I can definitely see him get somewhere around 1250.

I think Bolden is going to develop into the goalline/tough yards back soon enough. He really impresses me. I have no idea how he went undrafted.

Vereen impressed me a lot today as well. He has really great choppy feet and cuts exceptionally well through the hole. A combo of Ridley, Bolden, Vereen, and Demps could be absolutely scary in the future. All so different...yet so complementary.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
91jmay

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabbisson wrote:
Is Gronk one of the three most internationally known non-quarterbacks in the league right now in terms of average person recognition? I think he has to be up there with Ray Lewis and maybe Tebow...

In the UK? Only ardent NFL fans will have heard of him. To be honest there isn't an NFL player who jumps out at me as being well known over here by casual sports fans. A few NBA players maybe but no NFL.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32

Jump to: