Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Game #8: Jimmy Haslam Loves Scooby Doo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will happen this Sunday?
Jimmy will be happy
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Jimmy will be sad
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Jimmy will be mad
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Lerner is foiled by Scooby Doo & those pesky kids
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Hornby will eat KFC
55%
 55%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 29

fatpig

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerve wracking game to watch. we were one INT or fumble away from losing it. or one Malcolm Floyd catch.

some positives:

T-Rich is back. he ran very well when everyone in the building knew we would run, against one of the best run Ds in the league. i love how we incorporated tosses and sweeps into the mix.

Shurmur's play calling in the first half. went for it on 4th down and it paid off. i actually liked the double reverse call, benji just didn't catch it.

Defense - bended but didn't break. Jauron sure does call a vanilla game though. night and day from week 1 to the past few games. wtf happened to blitzing the hell out of the QB? oh well they did their job today.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
nerve wracking game to watch. we were one INT or fumble away from losing it. or one Malcolm Floyd catch.

some positives:

T-Rich is back. he ran very well when everyone in the building knew we would run, against one of the best run Ds in the league. i love how we incorporated tosses and sweeps into the mix.

Shurmur's play calling in the first half. went for it on 4th down and it paid off. i actually liked the double reverse call, benji just didn't catch it.

Defense - bended but didn't break. Jauron sure does call a vanilla game though. night and day from week 1 to the past few games. wtf happened to blitzing the hell out of the QB? oh well they did their job today.

Or 1 Robert Meachem catch away from losing it. Thanks Meachem for pulling a Greg Little and dropping an easy TD pass...
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have an issue with the double reverse, but it has to be thrown better. That ball was high.

Vince Lombardi
fatpig

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
fatpig wrote:

some positives:

Or 1 Robert Meachem catch away from losing it. Thanks Meachem for pulling a Greg Little and dropping an easy TD pass...

ah yes it was Meachem. that's what i meant.
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
I didn't have an issue with the double reverse, but it has to be thrown better. That ball was high.

I agree but on a day like today (cold, windy and rainy) a double reverse is tough to pull off due to the ball being slippery and the ground being the same way as well.
fatpig

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another positive: Marecic wasn't on the field!

also... i don't know if i'm the first to notice but the recipe for success is simple. Brown jerseys = win!
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't pretty, but damn it feels good to win another one!
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
The OUTLAW wrote:

I agree but on a day like today (cold, windy and rainy) a double reverse is tough to pull off due to the ball being slippery and the ground being the same way as well.

I agree for the most part, though how often in ugly weather games have we bemoaned the run-run-pass predictable offense?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Greco for starting LG!!!!!

This has really, really stood out to me. Pinkston sucks at pulling. He always had, and he's never made any improvement to that area.

The Browns really like to pull the LG to the right on a power run play. With Pinkston in, I think it's made the whole right side of the OL look worse, b/c all he would do is get in the way.

Enter Greco.

He pulls to the right, and actually blocks someone, and does it well.
cattleman78

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:

This has really, really stood out to me. Pinkston sucks at pulling. He always had, and he's never made any improvement to that area.

The Browns really like to pull the LG to the right on a power run play. With Pinkston in, I think it's made the whole right side of the OL look worse, b/c all he would do is get in the way.

Enter Greco.

I agree with you. Let Pinkston and Lauvao battle next year for right guard.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
bulldog wrote:

Enter Greco.

I agree with you. Let Pinkston and Lauvao battle next year for right guard.

We'll be lucky just to get Pinkston back at a "quality depth" level next year. He won't be able to workout too intensely, or have any real phyisical contact while on his blood-thinner medication. He's likely going to lose a lot of muscle mass. It's going to be a long road back, and might never lead him back to where he was before the clot.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post game thoughts...

Congrats on the win.

Offense needs to gain experience and gel.... They were putrid and 3rd down conversions today, and again way too many dropped balls, but I think they are getting there.

Defense gave up a ton of yards but only 6 points. Amazing... Lots of young guys stepping up to make big plays in crucial times, but even when everyone is healthy the team is lacking at talent... LB is a hue need, and a ball hawk FS would be a huge asset.

Special teams looks bad again... Bad punts.. Great punts... Great returns... Bad penalties... Cribs looked afraid to catch the ball but could that been a safety measure due to the weather?

Coaching... A few questionable play calls, and timeouts and the play call immediately after look rough again, but you have to give credit for getting the win.

Next week is big... Te ravens!
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, next week I will start the GDT in the Ravens forum.

Ball so hard

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Don't worry, next week I will start the GDT in the Ravens forum.

Ball so hard

They dont have a sense of humor over there. I wouldn't.

By the way. Let's all laugh at Pete Prisco for just a minute:

http://www.cleveland.com/sportsnetwork/index.ssf/2012/07/browns_predicted_to_win_one_ga.html

Quote:
Pete Prisco over at CBS Sports predicts the Browns will go 1-15 this fall.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:

Yeah, all on Cribbs, nothing Benjamin could do with the ball being tossed softly toward his eyes. You can't expect an NFL wide receiver to have good enough hands to catch a ball that is at eye level.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 39 of 42

Jump to: