Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Graham/Daniels one of the best TE tandem in the league?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Graham/Daniels one of the best TE tandem in the league? Reply with quote

There are currently only 3 teams that have a TE duo who have over 500 yards receiving

New England with 577
Texans with 527
Titans with 501

only the Texans and New England have a TE with over 400 and a TE with over 100

Graham has really been playing well over the last two weeks with 5 catches 87 yards as a back up TE. Daniels has posted 10 catches 105 yards and a TD the last 2 weeks. Graham made some nice catches last week too.

Bottom line is that Daniels is having a pro bowl season and Graham is showing he has the talent to be a legit TE in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Graham/Daniels one of the best TE tandem in the league? Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
There are currently only 3 teams that have a TE duo who have over 500 yards receiving

New England with 577
Texans with 527
Titans with 501

only the Texans and New England have a TE with over 400 and a TE with over 100

Graham has really been playing well over the last two weeks with 5 catches 87 yards as a back up TE. Daniels has posted 10 catches 105 yards and a TD the last 2 weeks. Graham made some nice catches last week too.

Bottom line is that Daniels is having a pro bowl season and Graham is showing he has the talent to be a legit TE in the NFL.

Don't leave out Thor Casey who has 18 / 162 / 1 mostly lined up as a TE. I would bet that if you looked at how many snaps Hernandez takes at a true TE spot (next to a tackle) vs. in the slot, out wide as WR, or even in the backfield that on a percentage basis, Casey plays more TE than Hernandez. Had to love seeing Casey finally get a carry this week. Great tendency buster that we need to continue to use. Next step is to actually hand HIM the ball (or send him down the seam on play action) when he drops into the backfield from TE spot as this always seems to be an inside run. Graham has been solid but needs to cut down on the penalties to stay on the field.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's crazy to think about how many weapons we have in the passing game

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still give the nod to the Pats duo. The bulk numbers favor the Texans duo, but remember that Aaron Hernandez missed four games with a high ankle sprain. That was around the time that the Pats started feeding the ball to Wes Welker - I have to think that if Hernandez was healthy, he would get those looks.

We're probably the 2nd best, however.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
bunnyracin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are talking about TE's receiving-wise yes we are one of the top but NE has got everybody beat though by a mile. Although we could possible be right behind them. But blocking is another story. Daniels has def got better over the years but he is average and Graham is not a good blocker. That is the main reason why I miss Dreesen but we do have to keep in mind that this is basically his first season and he can improve.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like our TE combo. I don't think Graham is going to be used as much as some of the other weapons on offense. He is a good guy to have though. I think with Jean, Martin and Posey as the receivers behind the starting 2, we have a nice stable of players. Daniels has been the best receiver on the team this year in terms of production, but I think Dre will surpass him over the rest of the season.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: