Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Titans Terrible Defense Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Titans_31

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansfan1 wrote:
Gray needs to go. He is a complete tool. The TD that the Bills got to put them ahead was embarassing. Yes, Griffin blitzed and I'm sure most would put the blame on him but who do you think called the blitz to leave Stevie Johnson in one on one coverage?

Stevie Johnson shouldn't have to be double covered the hole game...
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
Outside of stealing Wade Phillips, I just don't know how to fix our D. We are so bad that I'm not sure where we should begin.

How about the assistant under Wade Phillips? With the exception of a couple of needs like an impact DT and Safety, we got the horses to do the job. We just need a DC who knows how to call the plays and has some damn killer instinct.
Blazed-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Rivera or the 49ers LB coach. All his LBs are really good Willis,Bowman, Brooks and Smith. He has to be a good coach.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@jwyattsports: The #Titans are adding LB Xavier Adibi to the roster to take the place of Zac Diles, who will be placed on IR today

Don't worry guys, our defense is now saved. Laughing
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blazed- wrote:
Ron Rivera or the 49ers LB coach. All his LBs are really good Willis,Bowman, Brooks and Smith. He has to be a good coach.

You could tell coming out of college Patrick Willis was going to be an annual pro bowler so I won't give the coach the credit on that.

A name that is tossed around everytime we have head coach discussions is Perry Fewell of the Giants.

As others have mentioned Wade Phillips as well... I'm not speaking for coordinator.. I'm talking HC. I've wanted to switch to the 3-4 for awhile now. If anything it would make our defense more fun to watch and less predictable if used correctly. If Wimbley can cover at all that would add a lot of versatility.

Edit: I don't know what we would do with Zach Brown in a 3-4 scheme. He's closer to playing as a SS than to playing a 3-4 inside or outside backer. He's pretty much limited to 4-3 weakside.

I wasn't a fan of the Munchak hiring and I still am not. I was impressed with what he was able to do last year, but I still don't believe in him as being a consistently competitive head coach.

As far as taking some snaps away from Morgan and Wimbley... putting Ayers on the line and Brown alongside McCarthy on passing downs would be creative and interesting to watch. Hell it might even work. So yeah, we probably won't try that.
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Blazed- wrote:

You could tell coming out of college Patrick Willis was going to be an annual pro bowler so I won't give the coach the credit on that.

I went to Ole Miss with Patrick Willis, and I remember watching hm in college, and he was awesome then... Not to mention Mike Singletary did most of the coaching for most of his career.

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
Titans_31

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach brown would probably be best suited for 34 ilb rather than weak side olb
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Ayers only played 36 of 76 snaps and filled up the stat sheet.
7 tackles (1 for loss)
1 Sack
2 QB hits
1 Pass defensed.

No idea why he only played about 1/2 our snaps while Brown saw 56 snaps.

The D looked a LOT better with McCarthy in there. Mouton got beat like a drum the whole game, but he was going up against the best WR on the team for some unknown reason. Bad job there by Gray.
Klug actually got more snaps than Martin for what the first time this season I think.
Morgan had a really good game. Batted down a couple balls and got some good pressure. Wimbley had a good day, too. It would really benefit both of them if we had some more depth behind them and could rotate them in and out more than we do.

Griff.... Shocked He actually looked like a football player for once. Had a huge blocked FG and an INT.

Overall I like what I saw from the D. It wasn't stellar by any means, but it showed a lot of improvement. I really like seeing Ayers with his hand down rushing the QB. We actually blitzed on occasion, too. I don't think I ever heard McCourty's name called which isn't a bad thing. I definitely saw some improvement, I just hope we can keep getting better.

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
KingTitan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
So Ayers only played 36 of 76 snaps and filled up the stat sheet.
7 tackles (1 for loss)
1 Sack
2 QB hits
1 Pass defensed.

No idea why he only played about 1/2 our snaps while Brown saw 56 snaps.

The D looked a LOT better with McCarthy in there. Mouton got beat like a drum the whole game, but he was going up against the best WR on the team for some unknown reason. Bad job there by Gray.
Klug actually got more snaps than Martin for what the first time this season I think.
Morgan had a really good game. Batted down a couple balls and got some good pressure. Wimbley had a good day, too. It would really benefit both of them if we had some more depth behind them and could rotate them in and out more than we do.

Griff.... Shocked He actually looked like a football player for once. Had a huge blocked FG and an INT.

Overall I like what I saw from the D. It wasn't stellar by any means, but it showed a lot of improvement. I really like seeing Ayers with his hand down rushing the QB. We actually blitzed on occasion, too. I don't think I ever heard McCourty's name called which isn't a bad thing. I definitely saw some improvement, I just hope we can keep getting better.

Ayers is becoming my favorite player. He is making plays.
If Gray would just use him right...he could be awesome!

Mouton guarding Wayne was Gray getting outcoached. They made sure to dicatate the coverage so Mouton would end up with him and then he got abused. Mouton is good for run support but he hasn't made any plays in the passing game.
I'm bout to say something I never say, but in this situation, this is where we miss Finny. He was a great nickel......moving on...

The scheme just isn't fitting the players or the scheme is just overall horrible. Week to week, I don't know what we are doing, what do we hang out hat on, what are we about...

The pass rush was the best I've seen all year, but our pass defense was the one of the worst of the year....Nobobdy can get a sack if the QB can deliever the ball so quickly. Abused in the middle of the field like always with In routes, digs, and crossing patterns...
lamont

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone's favorite MLB(McCarthy) got turned around so bad on one play by two players crossing in front of him, he looked like he was playing in little league football. I bet the colts will get a good laugh off that today when they look at the film. Arians called a good game yesterday. The screen throw back to Ballard for the TD, the isolation of Wayne on Mouton on critical 3rd downs and getting luck outside the pocket in the 1st half and finally running the ball the entire OT period until the last play for the TD. When someone runs the ball down your throat like the colts did yesterday at the end of the game and OT, that a gut check. The titans defense got their cajones handed to them in the 4th quarter and OT in the run game. They held them in check for the most part for 3 1/2 quarters and laid down on that last drive of regulation and OT. SMH

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Everyone's favorite MLB(McCarthy) got turned around so bad on one play by two players crossing in front of him, he looked like he was playing in little league football. I bet the colts will get a good laugh off that today when they look at the film.

Well he's playing a high ankle sprain and he's still our best player.
titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pass rush was unbelievable yesterday. Best we have seen in a long time. If only we had a nickelback that could hold coverage for more than two seconds we would have been able to get Luck to the ground at least five times.

And yeah, Ayers has impressed the hell out of me. Ideal situation, in my mind, would be to use him as a LB in base formations and then kick him to end when we move to nickel and leave Brown and McCarthy out at LB. Would be able to help keep Wimbley and Morgan fresh and help out the pass rush.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
The pass rush was unbelievable yesterday. Best we have seen in a long time. If only we had a nickelback that could hold coverage for more than two seconds we would have been able to get Luck to the ground at least five times.

And yeah, Ayers has impressed the hell out of me. Ideal situation, in my mind, would be to use him as a LB in base formations and then kick him to end when we move to nickel and leave Brown and McCarthy out at LB. Would be able to help keep Wimbley and Morgan fresh and help out the pass rush.

That seems to be the plan, just took a while to get there for Brown and McCarthy has been slowed down because of his ankle injury. I know Munchak talked about using Ayers this way last year, but they just didn't have the personnel to pull it off.
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s_camp wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

That seems to be the plan, just took a while to get there for Brown and McCarthy has been slowed down because of his ankle injury. I know Munchak talked about using Ayers this way last year, but they just didn't have the personnel to pull it off.

Quote:
@terrymc13: Zach Brown now officially in nickel package and Akeem Ayers will be used more as rush end in those situations.

Definitely the plan and it's a good one. Ayers is just too fast off the ball for the LT to get a hand on him. I would like to see him AND Brown blitz more. With Brown's speed he should be able to get a couple sacks off the blitz.

Props to "Peppers90" on the sig
Titans_31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTMoc10 wrote:
s_camp wrote:
titans0021 wrote:

Quote:
@terrymc13: Zach Brown now officially in nickel package and Akeem Ayers will be used more as rush end in those situations.

Definitely the plan and it's a good one. Ayers is just too fast off the ball for the LT to get a hand on him. I would like to see him AND Brown blitz more. With Brown's speed he should be able to get a couple sacks off the blitz.

I think we could have had more sacks but are ends kept taking terrible angles at luck it was very frustrating to watch the combination between bad angles and his speed made him able to buy time and find targets down field i expect they will be coached up a little on this but the pressure we brought yesterday was great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: