Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st Round Draft Targets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
What if we did something like:

1. S Reid
2. OLB Okafor
3. ILB Skov

I'd take that.

I'd be a bit surprised to see Okafor that far down.

Who do you like more him or fellow teammate Jeffcoat? I realize that Jeffcoat is out with a torn pec but once he is healthy who do you feel is better in your opinion?

Okafor. Only thing to question between them is that Jeffcoat typically goes up against LT's and Okafor RT's. Okafor is more athletic and makes far more plays vs the run and in pursuit etc.

...you have a forum resume?
Dook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is not a 1st rounder but the only reason I can see that he's not is because he's at a small school.

DE Trevardo Williams, Connecticut Huskies, 6' 2", 233 lbs, 4.42!

43 tackles, 15 TFL, 12.5 sacks in 2011

So far in 2012, 34 tackles, 7.5 sacks
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I like Okafor better than Jeffcoat. Okafor isn't exactly a playmaker but he gets it done. Seem to play with better awarness too.

43M funny you mentioned that, I actually see us drafting a NT now (before when we were 2-3 and when Ike Taylor was playing like a crap, I may have jumped on the gun there, projecting Jonathan Banks to us haha)

Somewhere between Jonathan Jenkins and Jesse Williams, depends on where we are picking sound about right. We'd be very lucky if Jonathan Hankins fall to us, Star Lotulelei is definitely out of our range, even if we are picking at #5.

I see this happening even if Ta'amu isn't getting released or McLendon gets more PT. Our defense is about rotation and either Jenkins/Williams can give us best rotation in league for d-line. Personally I'd rather see us switching to 4-3 or to attacking one gap system, to benefits our players' skillset more.

Until then, either Jenkins or Jesse Williams sounds about right although Jenkins seem to be more of a 3-4 NT project for our defense and Jesse Williams while not flashy like other NT but will fit in perfectly and nicely.

It's really hard determining whether we need a pass-rusher asap after all seem like our defense has been more of "containing" rather than attacking the offense.

Currently 1st rounds that people have projecting; I don't really like then. Two that I liked and knew they'd rise on board and Dion Jordan is moving up fast... He's a pass rusher for Oregon who does a very good job in coverage. Very tall, 6'7" and only 243 lbs. Sounds like he may be too thin and weak, but he's not, he's showing ability to bull-rush the O-line and show some moves to the QB. A really good prospect who likely will be top 15 propsect by April.

CJ Mosley who has a strange body figure for a 3-4 but does very good job "containing" opponents. he supposely ran in sub 4.5 and can plays both OLB/ILB for 3-4, maybe he'd be on Colbert's watch list considering Alabama lost more than good share of defensive playmakers from last year and still manage to meet standards from last year. Part of that reason is Mosley.

Honestly if you ask me, I'd rather go with either Mosley or Dion Jordan, then gamble on if Jesse Williams fall to us in 2nd round and it's very possible.
kysteeler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Yeah I like Okafor better than Jeffcoat. Okafor isn't exactly a playmaker but he gets it done. Seem to play with better awarness too.

43M funny you mentioned that, I actually see us drafting a NT now (before when we were 2-3 and when Ike Taylor was playing like a crap, I may have jumped on the gun there, projecting Jonathan Banks to us haha)

Somewhere between Jonathan Jenkins and Jesse Williams, depends on where we are picking sound about right. We'd be very lucky if Jonathan Hankins fall to us, Star Lotulelei is definitely out of our range, even if we are picking at #5.

I see this happening even if Ta'amu isn't getting released or McLendon gets more PT. Our defense is about rotation and either Jenkins/Williams can give us best rotation in league for d-line. Personally I'd rather see us switching to 4-3 or to attacking one gap system, to benefits our players' skillset more.

Until then, either Jenkins or Jesse Williams sounds about right although Jenkins seem to be more of a 3-4 NT project for our defense and Jesse Williams while not flashy like other NT but will fit in perfectly and nicely.

It's really hard determining whether we need a pass-rusher asap after all seem like our defense has been more of "containing" rather than attacking the offense.

Currently 1st rounds that people have projecting; I don't really like then. Two that I liked and knew they'd rise on board and Dion Jordan is moving up fast... He's a pass rusher for Oregon who does a very good job in coverage. Very tall, 6'7" and only 243 lbs. Sounds like he may be too thin and weak, but he's not, he's showing ability to bull-rush the O-line and show some moves to the QB. A really good prospect who likely will be top 15 propsect by April.

CJ Mosley who has a strange body figure for a 3-4 but does very good job "containing" opponents. he supposely ran in sub 4.5 and can plays both OLB/ILB for 3-4, maybe he'd be on Colbert's watch list considering Alabama lost more than good share of defensive playmakers from last year and still manage to meet standards from last year. Part of that reason is Mosley.

Honestly if you ask me, I'd rather go with either Mosley or Dion Jordan, then gamble on if Jesse Williams fall to us in 2nd round and it's very possible.

With the amount of needs we will have at the end of the year, it really will be a wait and see (well all drafts are that way lol). I am all for us grabbing a stud NT in the first. I am not a huge fan of Jesse Williams.

Haven't heard that Mosley was running that fast, if so I would def get on that wagon.

Jordan is very quick, but there is just something about him that erks me. I don't know if it's strength or shedding blocks.
The Curtain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't need to spend a first rounder on a 3-4 NT. Unless it's a truly special talent.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Curtain wrote:
Don't need to spend a first rounder on a 3-4 NT. Unless it's a truly special talent.

Jesse Williams is Big Snack 2 I would not be surprised if all thr pass rushers are taken and they trade back and get him.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
The Curtain wrote:

Jesse Williams is Big Snack 2 I would not be surprised if all thr pass rushers are taken and they trade back and get him.

Williams is probably 3rd or 4th on my list, although Lotulelei and Hankins are going to go way early.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keth, I think you have Jesse Williams too low, I give him a complete 2nd round value, considering he was able to perform at same level he does at NT as much he did at DE. Teams covet versality more now and the depth of 3-4 NT is shallow again. Yes there are propsects who has the size and potentials to play NT, but again, emphasizing "potentials" and not proven.

Which is why I who actually like Jesse Williams, also wouldn't be surprised to see Steelers grab him in 1st (a very late 1st round if he's the BPA) but would rather gamble on teams passing him by in 2nd and grab him there.

Pass Rusher (no safeties in 1st please, no safety is worth that this year) in 1st round, NT in 2nd round, and then a safety in either 3rd or 4th round. We can do a lot of damages with those picks if we dealt the cards right.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Keth, I think you have Jesse Williams too low, I give him a complete 2nd round value, considering he was able to perform at same level he does at NT as much he did at DE.

I do too. I mean, ranked 3rd or 4th, not 3rd or 4th round.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my bad haha yeah. I know he's behind jonathan jenkins for 3-4 nt for overall "DTs" I would say he's 6th, maybe 7th. Its surprisingly there aren't many talents among 4-3 DTs in first 2 rounds. Maybe none have caught my attention because we don't play 4-3.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see the Steelers be able to draft Eric Reid, TJ McDonald or Xavier Rhodes.

Outside of Keenan Lewis, that Dbackfield is old. We need a young playmaker back there.

I think our draft this year will highly favor defense.

Safety, CB, Linebacker and Dlineman. I'd be cool with it if we went with that in the 1st 4 rounds.

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
jebrick wrote:
The Curtain wrote:

Williams is probably 3rd or 4th on my list, although Lotulelei and Hankins are going to go way early.

Keth knows that when I say that Jesse Williams is Big Snack II, I mean that in all ways. He is a space eater but not a pass rusher. He would continue the status quo. Hankins and Lotulelei are different animals.

I was not impressed with Jenkins (Georgia) when I caught him in action vs Florida.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the draft class of safeties. I'll go 3rd at earliest for one. People kept forgetting that we have two pro bowl safeties and yes they are aging but why get a safety in 1st round or 2nd that likely won't see much PT in first few years?

Same issue with cornerbacks, we don't need the depth; we need a #1 cornerback. In this draft... bleh. Jonathan banks got owned badly against alabama.
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I'd love to see the Steelers be able to draft Eric Reid, TJ McDonald or Xavier Rhodes.

Outside of Keenan Lewis,Cortez Allen and C. Brown, that Dbackfield is old. We need a young playmaker back there.

I think our draft this year will highly favor defense.

Safety, CB, Linebacker and Dlineman. I'd be cool with it if we went with that in the 1st 4 rounds.

Fixed that for you.

Safety is more of a concern as the backups are Mundy and W. Allen.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
I don't like the draft class of safeties. I'll go 3rd at earliest for one. People kept forgetting that we have two pro bowl safeties and yes they are aging but why get a safety in 1st round or 2nd that likely won't see much PT in first few years?

Same issue with cornerbacks, we don't need the depth; we need a #1 cornerback. In this draft... bleh. Jonathan banks got owned badly against alabama.

Shocked What do you mean no PT?? I mean right now, we have Mundy and Will Allen playing next to Clark every game. If Clark goes down, we have 2 backups in. They'll get a bunch of playing time, especially since Polamalu's body is breaking down. We need one now, so they can excel in a few years and be active in our safety depth, not wait til they all die off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: