Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame, a Brown?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
The thing about Curry was that he was more a freak than anything.

Hawk was a safe pick. He was never great but has been solid most of his career.

Teo is athletic, but that's not what makes him so good. It's his instincts, his toughness and his physical play.

You can see he is the smartest guy on the field. He is always in the right place.

He's great in coverage, which we lack big time in our LB's.

He is always around the ball.

He also seems like a born leader.

Again, I love Dqwell, but i don't care if we had to put Manti as an OLB to start, he is just a playmaker.

I normally wouldn't like to take a LB this high, but this draft is crap.

Outside of Star, who will be a Star, i would take Teo.

Jones and his condition scare me, and frankly, I don't think we will be picking high enough for him anyway. Hell, we may not be picking high enough for Teo.

I left off Moore's name. I didn't mean too.

I think he would be a stud as well.

We need passrushers badly.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Is there a non DT defender that rates higher than T'eo?

Nope.

At this point, I see us finishing around picks 6-10. We will probably take Manti or a DB.

I don't care where we put him or Dqwell, it would be a nice pickup for this defense.

I often wonder why Miliner hasn't gotten more play from the forum. He's generally considered the #1 CB in the draft, is a decent size and seems like another great SEC corner prospect

He has been consistently beat 2 weeks in a row. He may be considered the #1 CB in this class but the kid is clearly not on the same level Joe Haden, Patrick Peterson and Morris Claiborne were coming out. I would actually say he is a 15-25 pick talent wise in most drafts.

Jamison on the sig
bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Nope.

At this point, I see us finishing around picks 6-10. We will probably take Manti or a DB.

I don't care where we put him or Dqwell, it would be a nice pickup for this defense.

I often wonder why Miliner hasn't gotten more play from the forum. He's generally considered the #1 CB in the draft, is a decent size and seems like another great SEC corner prospect

He has been consistently beat 2 weeks in a row. He may be considered the #1 CB in this class but the kid is clearly not on the same level Joe Haden, Patrick Peterson and Morris Claiborne were coming out. I would actually say he is a 15-25 pick talent wise in most drafts.

I would agree. It seems this CB class will favor the mid 1st through the 3rd.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Nope.

I would agree. It seems this CB class will favor the mid 1st through the 3rd.

Agree

Hopefully we can get our future #2 in the late 2nd (with trade up) or early 3rd.

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:

Teo is athletic, but that's not what makes him so good. It's his instincts, his toughness and his physical play.

People said the same things about Curry, that he was athletic, tough, a big hitter and had great instincts. I was all over Curry, I'm not sure if I want to fall down that trap again.

BUT

If Teo can play outside and rush the passer, I'm not opposed to bringing him in, we need that linebacker in the Jauron defense that causes problems for the QB and can be versatile both in coverage and behind the line of scrimmage.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NateDawg wrote:
I don't want Teo with where we are going to be picking. Linebacker is just one of those positions that I'm skeptical of in the top 5 to 10. Considering that our best linebacker also plays the position that Teo is best suited at, I don't like it. Too much risk in it that high. If we were picking in the mid or late teens, I'd like it a lot more.

This is more or less where I am. Very similar to RB for me. If you pick one that high, he better be a very special prospect. While Teo is a great player, I personally don't see anything that sets him apart from McClain or Curry, as far as a prospect. He might be a little ahead of them, but not by much. If I saw a clone of Patrick Willis, I might be warmer on him. But I don't really see that.

I would much rather 1 or more of the pass rushers rise to the top of the heap rather than spending our 1st on a LB. At least on one that I don't think is an exceptional prospect.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:

People said the same things about Curry, that he was athletic, tough, a big hitter and had great instincts. I was all over Curry, I'm not sure if I want to fall down that trap again.

BUT

If Teo can play outside and rush the passer, I'm not opposed to bringing him in, we need that linebacker in the Jauron defense that causes problems for the QB and can be versatile both in coverage and behind the line of scrimmage.

ND has not moved Te'o to the outside in a rush position very often, but when they have he caused a lot of problems for the other team's OL. If Te'o wasnt pressuring the QB then he was freeing up another player that was getting there.

Closest NFL comparison that I see is Urlacher. From what Ive seen I think that is the closest style of player... vertical LB, closes very fast all over the field, very high motor, good ability to drop into coverage, excellent tackler... smart. leader. motivational player.

I dont think the Browns could go wrong by taking him. Should be interesting for sure. I think the player selected will say a lot about the defense's direction.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Te'o but not that high. one thing to keep in mind is ND's defensive line is huge, and full of studs. It makes him look better than he is. On the flip side, i have no idea who is worth going that high this year. Who else do we take, a qb, guard, those would go over well. Right now i think its te'o, a d.e., or trade down. Maybe the LSU safety reid?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joelflynn44 wrote:
I like Te'o but not that high. one thing to keep in mind is ND's defensive line is huge, and full of studs. It makes him look better than he is. On the flip side, i have no idea who is worth going that high this year. Who else do we take, a qb, guard, those would go over well. Right now i think its te'o, a d.e., or trade down. Maybe the LSU safety reid?

Saying ND has a good DL so Te'o looks better than he is doesnt really seem like a valid argument. The same thing could be said about nearly every LB in the country on a top team like Alabama, LSU, etc... Te'o is rated in the top 5 to 10 by nearly every national analyst and I dont think that is a mistake. I really dislike ND, but I have watched Te'o a lot this season and he looks like the real deal.

I do agree that the top pick looks like Te'o, a DE, but I think Jarvis Jones is a potential pick as well. None else in the top group makes sense at this point. In a trade down scenario the pick could be nearly anyone... all bets will be off at that point.
-- interesting to see Milliner jumps up some boards into the top 10. I think this is really high for him, but if he stays here he would be on option as well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes good, like i said i do like him. But top 5? It wouldn't be popular but i say trade the pick for a ton of picks in next years draft, or for a proven vet.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think part of the reason teo is used as he is, is because if the strength of their dline. They usually are producing a pretty good pash rush which allows them to let teo "roam free". I think his tackles would increase with a worse dline because he would be required to "do more".

Frosh 63 5.5(tfl) 1(sack)
Sophomore 133 9.5 1
Junior 128 13.5 5.5
Senior 92 5.5 1.5 6(ints... First ones of his career)

Lets be honest, ND is trying to win football games. The announcers constantly make a statement (mostly mayock) that its good to see the coaching staff showcasing his skills. The dline has just made more plays this year in the backfield and on the qb.

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/manti-teo-1.html
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

I'm beginning to think a trade back is our only answer in this talentless draft. I really don't want to see us pick a QB. We won't get the top one unless we start losing out and we'll just ruin the kid by putting him in too soon. UGH

that is all

mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
I'm beginning to think a trade back is our only answer in this talentless draft. I really don't want to see us pick a QB. We won't get the top one unless we start losing out and we'll just ruin the kid by putting him in too soon. UGH

that is all

mastercheddaar

With such little talent, a tradeback may very well be out of realm of possibility.

We may have to stay put and pick a guy.

candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

mastercheddaar

With such little talent, a tradeback may very well be out of realm of possibility.

We may have to stay put and pick a guy.

Yup.

I am starting to just stop reading posts that talk about trading back

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
wukusimw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh someone could want to jump up for T. Wilson or a OT if one comes out. Any other position though can be waited on with no real elite players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: