Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame, a Brown?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
I've watched Jarvis Jones in 3 games this season. No thanks. He disappears for large stretches and typically gets sacks/pressure from being unblocked.

Te'o is dominate each game and is a more complete LB. I take him in the first no problem.

I dont draft Te'o as a SAM. Gocong is 263 and a strong SAM. DQ is 240 and is undersized at MLB, but has the speed to cover ground - DQ is a natural WILL. Te'o at 6-2 250+ is a perfect fit a MIKE.

I've been saying this for a while, Jarvis jones just doesn't pop to me when I watch Georgia, Te'o is a beast on almost every play he makes an impact.

I think DQ is very good MLB - and his skill set would be very nice at WLB, but really the Nickle set with DQ and Te'o would be soooooo nasty plus if we can get a DB (FS or CB) in FA this could be a great D for us- RDE would be a need (maybe in a trade back to pick up Te'o grab a first next year to move up for clowney....) CHAMPIONSHIP D..

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
BTW, for those of you that claim DQ is "undersized" and is a will b/c of his size. Here's other MLB's in the league

Navarro Bowman- 6'0'' 242
Sean Lee- 6'2" 236
Patrick Willis- 6'1" 242
Daryl Washington- 6'2" 230
Demeco Ryans- 6'1" 229
Karlos Dansby- 6'3" 243
Perry Riley- 6'1" 238
Derrick Johnson- 6'3" 243
Bruce Carter- 6'1" 233
AJ Hawk- 6'1" 246
Jon Beason- 6'0" 232

I guess all of those guys should move to WLB as well. Some of those guys are even 34 inside backers, so they should be bigger too, to take on guards and what not right? They are obviously not big enough to "stone wall" a RB.

No, b/c of their size, they are natural WLB.

1 you picked out some the smaller MLBs in the league, but you left out some of the bigger. Plus DQ is a little smaller than half the guys you listed.

2 i dont see anyone in this thread saying DQ should be moved just because of his weight. When DQ came into the league some listed him as a potential olb due to is size, speed, athleticism, and abiity to cover and play in space.

Saying DQ would make a good Will is NOT an insult, as some people here make it seem, but rather a good thing as it shows our respect for his abilities.

Gocong - Te'o - Jackson would make one of the best lb corp in in the league.

Last edited by Drew_Carey on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else watch the bears vs lions last night night? Man I love urlacher and that defense....
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
Anyone else watch the bears vs lions last night night? Man I love urlacher and that defense....

Charles Tillman is the best cb on the nfl

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

Charles Tillman is the best cb on the nfl

How many bears franchise records does he hold now? Awesome player...
CBrownsman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when we were playing in the 3-4 defense i remember thinking to myself that DQ was our best LB at dropping into coverage. He was never great at getting behind the line of scrimmage and making a tackle for a loss, but he was always good at hanging with TE's and deflecting passes. When we switched to the 4-3 honestly i wanted DQ to be our starting WLB and us go grab a MLB. I still think thats true...It has nothing to do with his size...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Manti Teo but I am not too sure of him yet. Maybe it is because I watched both teams so closely but he reminds me a lot of A.J. Hawk and Hawk is a far cry from a great linebacker. And to add a kick in the pants I don't think Manti Teo is even in the same relm as Hawk when it comes to speed. I don't know I maybe I am just being too worried because I don't want to over evauluate a prospect I watched every game the last few years. Every year it seems there is a stud linebacker eveyone loves who falls in the draft and never pans out in the NFL. I don't want it to be Teo' but I haven't seen enough dominating to say it won't be him either. Basically I'm on the fence.

As far as D'Qwell Jackson at MLB. Well everyone here knows how I feel about him. I've been saying he is the most overrated player on the team for 5 years at least. Emmotional leadership and vocal leadership only take you so far. It pisses me off every game when I see him making 8-10 tackles 5-12 yards off the ball. He never steps into the hole and takes the fight to the running back. Even when he gets in the hole and has a clean shot he lets the running back get into him first and a 1 yard gain becomes a 3-4 yard gain. The truely great backers like Urlacher and Lewis brought the fight to the back and ended that run at 1 yard.

Jamison on the sig
EL Brownso

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have liked Te'o for awhile. I think he brings a dynamic to the team that we don't have. He is a great run stopping LBer. He gets beyond the line of scrimmage and makes stops in the backfield or at the LOS and isn't bad at pass coverage. He is the type we need anchoring our LB corp.

I love this kids heart. Not only is he an outstanding player but I love his passion for the game. I think he would be a leader from day 1. Having said that, if we draft top 10 I would be hesitant to draft him without trading down a little bit. But he is an amazing player at a position of need for us.
MSURacerDT55

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Te'o is a very good LB. imo he is not urlacher, Not Willis, Not Lewis. I dont think he is even Navarro Bowman. I feel our first could be better utilized, and I am someone who really liked Te'o comming out of HS. I think he is a brandon Spikes type player in the NFL

+1

Especially when my two favorite linebackers in the draft last year went late 2nd (L.David) and undrafted (V.Burfict)

PSN: bench515lbs

Ahead of the curve....
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
Te'o is a very good LB. imo he is not urlacher, Not Willis, Not Lewis. I dont think he is even Navarro Bowman. I feel our first could be better utilized, and I am someone who really liked Te'o comming out of HS. I think he is a brandon Spikes type player in the NFL

+1

Especially when my two favorite linebackers in the draft last year went late 2nd (L.David) and undrafted (V.Burfict)

Close to the same size.... .but

Spikes was a top lb recruit coming out of HS, Te'o was number 1 lb and the top Defensive player in the nation. Te'o is a 4 year starter, Spikes 3. Spikes production fell through college, te'os has not. Te'o already has almost a hundred more career tackles, more solo tackles, and more sacks....

Te'o has no substance abuse issues, no record of poor judgement gay jokes, no on field personal foul foul issues, never been suspended.... Te'o comes from a stable background, Has no character concerns, volunteer special olympics and Eagle scout, and has very high academics... spikes not so much.

Both were top lbs physically, and te'o has better numbers, but the real difference in my opinion is above the shoulders. Te'o without question has more going on between the ears and that is definitely valuable as we know.
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
MSURacerDT55 wrote:
Dawgpoun8017 wrote:

+1

Close to the same size.... .but

Spikes was a top lb recruit coming out of HS, Te'o was number 1 lb and the top Defensive player in the nation. Te'o is a 4 year starter, Spikes 3. Spikes production fell through college, te'os has not. Te'o already has almost a hundred more career tackles, more solo tackles, and more sacks....

Te'o has no substance abuse issues, no record of poor judgement gay jokes, no on field personal foul foul issues, never been suspended.... Te'o comes from a stable background, Has no character concerns, volunteer special olympics and Eagle scout, and has very high academics... spikes not so much.

Both were top lbs physically, and te'o has better numbers, but the real difference in my opinion is above the shoulders. Te'o without question has more going on between the ears and that is definitely valuable as we know.

Good post, and great line in the previous post about the idea of Jackson at the WILL not being an insult, but a compliment.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

article on nfl.com has Te'o as the #4 top prospect half way through the season...

Quote:
Te'o has been the most dominant defender in college football over the first half of the season. He seemingly makes every tackle for the Irish defense and has started to make the kind of disruptive plays (forced fumbles and interceptions) that NFL evaluators desire in blue-chip linebackers. If he can continue to impress in big games against Oklahoma and USC, Te'o will solidify his status as a top-five prospect. (Brian Spurlock/US Presswire)

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1000000083979/top-20-college-prospects-at-midseason#photo=17

Its strictly a "top player" listing, not a draft order listing by the way...
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
article on nfl.com has Te'o as the #4 top prospect half way through the season...

Quote:
Te'o has been the most dominant defender in college football over the first half of the season. He seemingly makes every tackle for the Irish defense and has started to make the kind of disruptive plays (forced fumbles and interceptions) that NFL evaluators desire in blue-chip linebackers. If he can continue to impress in big games against Oklahoma and USC, Te'o will solidify his status as a top-five prospect. (Brian Spurlock/US Presswire)

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1000000083979/top-20-college-prospects-at-midseason#photo=17

Its strictly a "top player" listing, not a draft order listing by the way...

A Franchise leader on "D" perhaps likened to Willis Vilma Lewis and Urlacher?

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Manti to play at around 250 so he can maintain speed. If he can run a 4.5 forty time at 250, sign me up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
I want Manti to play at around 250 so he can maintain speed. If he can run a 4.5 forty time at 250, sign me up.

+1

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: