Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gailey: No coaching changes soon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Gailey: No coaching changes soon Reply with quote

Bills Won't Make Coaching Changes Mid-Season

For those of you hoping for a major coaching change (ie. firing Wannstedt), it's not going to happen:

Chan Gailey wrote:
You don't do that mid-season, in my opinion. You don't do that. Everybody has got an opinion about that. I understand that. That's just the way I do business. We're not going to make a change like that at this point in the season. It's not like you just flip a switch and things automatically get different. You've got to evaluate.

leeevans83d

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Gailey in this case. Firing him midseason can do no good. But, I hope he realizes that he will be going down with Wanny at the end of the season if our defense doesn't improve.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leeevans83d wrote:
I agree with Gailey in this case. Firing him midseason can do no good. But, I hope he realizes that he will be going down with Wanny at the end of the season if our defense doesn't improve.

I don't think it matters either way. Gailey should be gone after this year. He's done nothing here. He's shown nothing other than the fact that he's in over his head. He needs to go back to being a college coach - the only place he's ever had any real success.
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the coaches intact and hope and pray we steal one in Houston or NE..
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this is doing is making the target on Gailey's back that much bigger. Wannstedt needs to go who cares if it is pointless it is a statement that he is tryign to fix the issue. By keeping him he is agreeing that its not the coaches fault. This is a terrible coaching move and Im ready for a new owner and regime to start or this team will be at the basement of the AFC east for years to come until a new owner steps in.

Thanks Max
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we need to steal 1 of Hou/NE in order to realistically have WC spot.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Do we need to steal 1 of Hou/NE in order to realistically have WC spot.
The way our D is playing, we dont have a realistic shot at a WC spot.

Unless we make a change and fix our blah defense and also fix our offensive play calling, we aren't going to do much.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest assessment, bills need to gut the organization again go get a coach that knows what they are doing and pay them. Thats the only shot the bills have at contending. The have the talent but the playing scheme is awful. the bills need to upgrade QB and LB in order to be comeptitive

Thanks Max
BillSabre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Honest assessment, bills need to gut the organization again go get a coach that knows what they are doing and pay them. Thats the only shot the bills have at contending. The have the talent but the playing scheme is awful. the bills need to upgrade QB and LB in order to be comeptitive

I read that Holmgren has the itch to coach again. I would be all for this. The man has put together good teams that reached Superbowls in more than one destination.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

I read that Holmgren has the itch to coach again. I would be all for this. The man has put together good teams that reached Superbowls in more than one destination.
Would only like him as our coach only if he hires a younger coach to be the future. Holmgren is already 4 years older than Gailey. I could only see Holmgren coaching a couple teams.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope no holmgren....Can we get someone under the age of 60 that the game hasnt passed them by..I want to go young like Rex Ryan type guy, he maybe annoying but he is passionate about his team and he has a work ethic that is good. He just needs to control his players and be able to help them not be their friend. I really like the DC for the Niners he has been good his whole career but I am not sure if he could make the step forward on heing HC. Wade Phillips is an amazing DC but terrible HC and i think that Vic (niners DC) is similar to wade. I am a big fan of Jon Gruden but I just dont see him coming back, he seems like he has the itch but it would have to be for all the right reasons and right now I dont see the bills being the right reasons for him.

Gailey is good as gone I will be shocked if he stays after backing Wannstedt up

Thanks Max
swolfdab

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said this in my thread after the 49ers game...

The only reason nobody is going to get fired is because there's nobody better to replace them with. This coaching staff is the worst in the league. It's Chan's head at the end of the season, along with each and every one of his staff choices.

So ride it out Chan, ride it out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows, maybe well finally get "lucky" enough to suck so badly that we have no choice other than to draft a Franchise QB.

God willing something has to go our way, at least once.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: