Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8 GDT Thread: DEN vs NO on SNF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so hopefully this doesnt get lost in the ronnie hillman debate going on, but about that hit on manning...how was the saints player not flagged for a helmet to helmet hit? same exact thing mays did and all we heard was how dirty mays was after that. completely ridiculous.
jolly red giant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I counted three or four times Wolfe was held on his way to Brees without a single flag. On one occasion the Olineman was dragging his shirt and had his arm around Wolfe's neck holding him back.
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know ihatepotholes has taken some heat, but Ronnie Hillman frustrates me as well.

Now, i don't think he is garbage or any of that stuff, but he plays the game east and west far too often. The quicker he gets north/south the more pressure he puts on the defense, but he tries to bounce too many carries to the outside and it has hurt Denver in some crucial situations already.

When he is a one cut player you can see the burst/speed and his ability to rip off big gains. When he tries to set defenders up with his little hesitation fake inside and then bounce outside he turns what would be solid gains into 2 yard gains....that tendency needs to come to a halt.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I know ihatepotholes has taken some heat, but Ronnie Hillman frustrates me as well.

Now, i don't think he is garbage or any of that stuff, but he plays the game east and west far too often. The quicker he gets north/south the more pressure he puts on the defense, but he tries to bounce too many carries to the outside and it has hurt Denver in some crucial situations already.

When he is a one cut player you can see the burst/speed and his ability to rip off big gains. When he tries to set defenders up with his little hesitation fake inside and then bounce outside he turns what would be solid gains into 2 yard gains....that tendency needs to come to a halt.

This I agree with. Like I said on Sunday, he tries to make too much happen at once. I think he just needs to relax. He's got the ability, he just needs to let the game come to it and not be what Knowshon was.

Thanks, Tzimisce
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowshon never had any speed to even bounce it outside. I don't think I will ever get over that pick. And most of us were hating on it when it happened.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodyard afc defensive player of the week Smile
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
so hopefully this doesnt get lost in the ronnie hillman debate going on, but about that hit on manning...how was the saints player not flagged for a helmet to helmet hit? same exact thing mays did and all we heard was how dirty mays was after that. completely ridiculous.

Seriously? He hit him legally on the chin. It wasn't even remotely in the same context as Mays hit on Schaub.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
He hit him legally on the chin. It wasn't even remotely in the same context as Mays hit on Schaub.

Is there even such thing as a legal hit to the chin on the QB in the pocket? I thought a "blow to the head" was a penalty, no? Maybe I am missing something.

MUFC OK
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
He hit him legally on the chin. It wasn't even remotely in the same context as Mays hit on Schaub.

Is there even such thing as a legal hit to the chin on the QB in the pocket? I thought a "blow to the head" was a penalty, no? Maybe I am missing something.

Uh...., maybe the league views moving parts of the head (IE; chin, jaw) differently than fixed? Rolling Eyes
JRebar913

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
JRebar913 wrote:

Seriously? He hit him legally on the chin. It wasn't even remotely in the same context as Mays hit on Schaub.

yes it was. just because his helmet didnt go flying off doesnt mean that its not the same hit.
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
^^I think you meant, "yo level" Yo?

I don't know what you mean? but if it's a cheap shot than no, I don't speak ghetto.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: