Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8 GDT Thread: DEN vs NO on SNF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Woodyard had a good game yesterday, so did Danny Trevathan. He did a great job on Jimmy Graham especially since he's a rookie. He was manned up on him most plays.

Wesley Woodyard had a good game but he's always had much better games against teams like the Saints than teams like the 49ers than run the ball constantly.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
DJ to play MLB when he gets back. Calling it now

That has been my inclination too for a while. I am almost certain that DJ will be playing MLB for us as a full time starter before the play offs begin.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
paul-mac wrote:
DJ to play MLB when he gets back. Calling it now

I doubt that seriously. Actually, I'm trying to figure how DJ fits in the last part of the season.

Irving is blossoming as a solid backup as SLB, WW is better in coverage than DJ and if kept clean very good at run support.

Trevathan is improving rapidly and fits really well as a coverage LB.

Dj's going to be quite rusty, and would disrupt whats starting to be good continuity at LB.

Love to hear some opinions on this, especially from our coaches.

Rustiness may be an issue, but it's hard to believe that DJ won't find his way back on the field. Brooking has been playing pretty well, but he still does not have the ability of Williams. You are right about WW though, he seems to be jelling really well, so I doubt DJ would get the nod over him at this rate.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Williams will not come in at week 10 as a starter. He will gradually work his way in to the line up. I think by week 14 or 15 he will replace Brooking at MLB all things being equal.
Brookings at this stage is not a better player than Williams. And if he can come in very late in to camp and capture the starting job within a month, why cant DJ? I think a lot of people have developed a bias against DJ that is clouding their judgement.
DJ Williams will upgrade our defense- that I have no doubt about.
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
Garbage minute yardage, all the fan boy think Hillman is Barry sanders. Laughing

You are a very unpleasant person. After a win, too. Jeez.

I agree. Might as well root against the team. No one here made Hillman out to be Barry Sanders. You just had fans happy to see him do well be it against 1st stringers or 4th stringers.
You on the other hand seem more motivated for yourself than any player or the team for that matter.

Disliking a player means I should root against my team? Laughing clearly your logic isn't working too well for you.

one isn't allowed to express his opinion? Last time I checked I was in US not North Korea Laughing

You and other fan boys might as well label him as Barry sanders. Clearly nobody is allowed to criticize a player, if someone thinks Hillman sucks he shouldn't be a broncos fan. Communism much? Laughing

Last edited by ihatepotholes on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think D.J. performed better than he ever has last season, regardless of what the stat sheet says. Especially in coverage. He played very well. He's better than given credit for in the run game and our defense would be even better if he got the not over Keith Brooking. D.J. has the instincts and ability to get there while Brooking just has the latter.

DJ also navigates through pile ups and traffic better and gets off blocks better.

If he performs well enough, maybe we can address other needs and keep him at MLB next season.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
Garbage minute yardage, all the fan boy think Hillman is Barry sanders. Laughing

I agree. Might as well root against the team. No one here made Hillman out to be Barry Sanders. You just had fans happy to see him do well be it against 1st stringers or 4th stringers.
You on the other hand seem more motivated for yourself than any player or the team for that matter.

Disliking a player means I should root against my team? Laughing clearly your logic isn't working too well for you.

one isn't allowed to express his opinion? Last time I checked I was in US not North Korea Laughing

You and other fan boys might as well label him as Barry sanders. Clearly nobody is allowed to criticize a player, if someone thinks Hillman sucks he shouldn't be a broncos fan. Communism much? Laughing

Classic response of someone who refuses to eat crow after being wrong. When did anyone say he was Barry Sanders? Most of the response to you was to your absurd criticism that Hillman wasn't fast or decisive, then he has several nice runs, and you come out with the garbage time excuse. Who exactly is making the excuses, us or you?

No one is saying not to criticize the team, we all do it, but we also give credit when it's due, whereas you are discrediting everything Hillman did with no basis.

Thanks, Tzimisce
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:

Classic response of someone who refuses to eat crow after being wrong. When did anyone say he was Barry Sanders? Most of the response to you was to your absurd criticism that Hillman wasn't fast or decisive, then he has several nice runs, and you come out with the garbage time excuse. Who exactly is making the excuses, us or you?

No one is saying not to criticize the team, we all do it, but we also give credit when it's due, whereas you are discrediting everything Hillman did with no basis.

He had one nice run in the third and fumbled, got lucky because the ball was out of bounds. Another run in the 4 forth during garbage time. We played against the SAINTS. One of the worst if not the worst defense in the league. What crow? Moreno had several 100 yard games, why don't you guys defend him? After one game people aren't allowed to criticize him? If that isn't Barry sander status I don't know what is. He is extremely indecisive, that is not absurd. How many times was he brought down at the line of scrimmage? Too many. Where is he on passing downs? Can he block? No. Can he catch? PM doesnt even pass to him.

I don't know if it's the fanboy ism or the comprehension problem. I've said it many times, I hope I'm wrong about him. Hell, I'd be ecstatic if he turns out to be the best RB ever to play the game. I gave you legit reasons, but you won't answer. Is he or is he not a 3 down feature back material? 5'9 190lb. He isn't elusive like sproles, Jamal Charles or cj2k or spiller.
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:

He had one nice run in the third and fumbled, got lucky because the ball was out of bounds. Another run in the 4 forth during garbage time. We played against the SAINTS. One of the worst if not the worst defense in the league. What crow? Moreno had several 100 yard games, why don't you guys defend him? After one game people aren't allowed to criticize him? If that isn't Barry sander status I don't know what is. He is extremely indecisive, that is not absurd. How many times was he brought down at the line of scrimmage? Too many. Where is he on passing downs? Can he block? No. Can he catch? PM doesnt even pass to him.

I don't know if it's the fanboy ism or the comprehension problem. I've said it many times, I hope I'm wrong about him. Hell, I'd be ecstatic if he turns out to be the best RB ever to play the game. I gave you legit reasons, but you won't answer. Is he or is he not a 3 down feature back material? 5'9 190lb. He isn't elusive like sproles, Jamal Charles or cj2k or spiller.
Some things you forget to mention here and some things where you are just flat out wrong.

-Hillman is only 20 years old or just turned 21. His body will continue to develop and will gain more mass with the offseason program

-He is more powerful than you give him credit for. For someone who is only 190 pounds, he sure gets up in the hole without hesitation.

-Hillman does a good job blocking. When asked to do so he takes on his assigment and has made more blocks than he has missed.

-He is very adept at catching the ball out of the backfield. You should give him more than the four games he has played in before giving such broad and ridiculous assumptions/assertions.

Do you really watch the game or are you just biased against him for no good reason? I tend to think the latter.

Finally if you are still in Jersey, stay safe and dry............
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:

Some things you forget to mention here and some things where you are just flat out wrong.

-Hillman is only 20 years old or just turned 21. His body will continue to develop and will gain more mass with the offseason program

-He is more powerful than you give him credit for. For someone who is only 190 pounds, he sure gets up in the hole without hesitation.

-Hillman does a good job blocking. When asked to do so he takes on his assigment and has made more blocks than he has missed.

-He is very adept at catching the ball out of the backfield. You should give him more than the four games he has played in before giving such broad and ridiculous assumptions/assertions.

Do you really watch the game or are you just biased against him for no good reason? I tend to think the latter.

Finally if you are still in Jersey, stay safe and dry............

Thank you for your concern.

I watched every broncos game this season. He is young and has potential I get it, and when he translate potential into production then you can tell me I'm wrong. He sure hell does not get up in a hole without hesitation, New England game was a perfect example, 3rd and 1 there was enough room for him to punch it in, but no. He danced in the back field. He picked up blocks more than he missed is a good thing? You are supposed to pick up EVERY block. I hold very high standards, it's not biased. Like I said before. Ill be ecstatic if I'm wrong about him.

I'm old school, when you are given a chance you prove yourself. I don't care if you are young with potential or what not. Maybe it's me, I live in a fast paced business world. If you aren't ready, then stay on the bench.[/b]
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:

It's incredibly obvious to me that you have no idea what you're talking about. So now it doesn't count because it was against the Saints. So then Willis' game doesn't count either right? And our win doesn't count either cause it's the Saints right? Give me a freaking break that's such a cop out and you know it.

The Moreno comment is equally awful. Yes, he had several 100 yard games, but was always hurt, always inconsistent, and was the #12 pick, oh and he had an attitude problem.

As far as the passing down question, you do realize he has been the third down back for the last few games right? You are aware that 3rd downs are a passing down, ergo, he's in on passing downs. In fact, it's been widely noted that he's played more on passing downs because he's gotten to much better at blocking, so again, you're incorrect there. Because Manning doesn't pass to him doesn't make him good, that's a completely ignorant statement and shows you're reaching. Ever think there could be other reasons for that?

I think he could very well be a 3 down back, yes. He's a thick guy, he's not McCluster for example. I think you're just looking at his numbers and not how he's actually built. Again, he has played, what 3 games now. And you're lambasting a guy for his performance through 3 games, which wasn't bad at all yesterday.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
I think D.J. performed better than he ever has last season, regardless of what the stat sheet says. Especially in coverage. He played very well. He's better than given credit for in the run game and our defense would be even better if he got the not over Keith Brooking. D.J. has the instincts and ability to get there while Brooking just has the latter.

DJ also navigates through pile ups and traffic better and gets off blocks better.

If he performs well enough, maybe we can address other needs and keep him at MLB next season.

people can say what they want about the guy, but he is going to come back motivated. sure he has had his problems off the field, but everyone has issues in life. i agree that he will be worked back in slowly each week.
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
BroncoBruin wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:

It's incredibly obvious to me that you have no idea what you're talking about. So now it doesn't count because it was against the Saints. So then Willis' game doesn't count either right? And our win doesn't count either cause it's the Saints right? Give me a freaking break that's such a cop out and you know it.

The Moreno comment is equally awful. Yes, he had several 100 yard games, but was always hurt, always inconsistent, and was the #12 pick, oh and he had an attitude problem.

As far as the passing down question, you do realize he has been the third down back for the last few games right? You are aware that 3rd downs are a passing down, ergo, he's in on passing downs. In fact, it's been widely noted that he's played more on passing downs because he's gotten to much better at blocking, so again, you're incorrect there. Because Manning doesn't pass to him doesn't make him good, that's a completely ignorant statement and shows you're reaching. Ever think there could be other reasons for that?

I think he could very well be a 3 down back, yes. He's a thick guy, he's not McCluster for example. I think you're just looking at his numbers and not how he's actually built. Again, he has played, what 3 games now. And you're lambasting a guy for his performance through 3 games, which wasn't bad at all yesterday.

Ok, Jon Gruden. I have no idea what am I talking about, but you do because you know how to discredit me Laughing

I don't know anything about football. Yet I I won last year's survivor pool, and top 2 again this year on this forum. You'll go real far in life with that " you don't know what you are talking about" attitude. Ronnie Hillman is a thick guy? Laughing like I said, if you disagree with my posts you don't have to read it.

Your pathetic attempt of belittling me is humorous. When you learn how to have a discussion like an adult, maybe we can have a more civil conversation. Otherwise don't bother, I'm not gonna bring myself down to your level.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^I think you meant, "yo level" Yo?
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
^^I think you meant, "yo level" Yo?

You crack me up jst! Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: