Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8 GDT Thread: DEN vs NO on SNF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncsDominate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Lets take it one game at a time. I dont know about all this talk about Super bowl. One bad game or a loss and a lot of folks will come crashing back to earth.
I am excited and I think if the team continues to improve and we dont sustain any major injuries, we have a chance to go really deep in the play offs. We all know once in the play offs anything can happen. But this team as presently constituted could equally lose early in the play offs. We still have holes on this team that can be exploited.

Could we get to the Super Bowl? Sure. Outside of New England and the Texans, I dont see any other team that would be a favorite against Denver in the AFC based on current form. I still think we are one more draft and one more free agency class away from being serious Super Bowl contenders.

I totally agree with you, but we have a good running game, an elite QB, and a good defense that is steadily improving IMO. Same characteristics as Houston and New England. Like they say, make it to the playoffs and anything can happen. So why shouldnt we be thinking Super Bowl?
copeland

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...After the Hillman rant is over.....
We knew the offense would score points against a soft Saints D. No surprise there.
The Defense (and defensive game plan/calls) was a pleasant surprise holding a normally very good Saints offense to just 14 points. Helluva game by the D.

PS: Hello Virgil Green!
RazorStar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're doing really well right now, and that game was one of our best this season. If we can keep up these kind of performances (and cut down on the fumbles, I'm gonna have a heart attack with the way the ball pops out for us), we're going to take our division. The toughest part of our schedule is ending, but that doesn't mean victory is gonna be given to us. Our next 6 games are all against teams with losing records, but none of them will be easy to beat. The Bengals have a tough offense to go up against, the Panther don't stay out of games, and even though Cam Newton looks bad stat wise, he's been unreal this year. The Bucs seem to have their offense getting together, and they'll have their best corner waiting for us. Then we have three divisional games where anything can happen.

So I'm optimistic, but I'm keeping it in check. Winning in this stretch will give us exactly what we need to compete in this conference.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what was most impressive were the young CB's. Against Brees and that offense they held their own. Chris Harris is shortly becoming one of my favorite players I could see him being the heir to Champ.

But, the guy that played out of his mind last night was Woodyard. Where the heck did that guy come from?

Overall, I was most impressed with the defense. Obviously Manning's progression and the chemistry between the offensive line and the receivers would take some time. But, the defense was the most impressive last night I thought.

I realize the Saints are bad this year, and rightfully a wash this year with what went on with them in the off season. But, they still have Brees and all of those offensive weapons, and they got clobbered by the Denver D.

Plus, I have to say that was the most balanced I have seen the Broncos since the late 90's. They ran, they passed, they played great defense, and special teams were great.

One more of my two cents...they need that running game. I have wondered why they went away from it. I know they have PFM, and he can sling it, but when you get McGahee involved, that whole play action pass works out really well. They can take that to the Super Bowl.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good performance against a bad team last night. Obviously with Drew Brees it is a tough game regardless, but the Saints were always going to struggle against our pass rush. They don't have a quick passing game like the Patriots to negate our pass rush, and our guys held up brilliantly in the Secondary.

Wesley Woodyard will likely now shift to overrated from underrated, but he made some fantastic splash plays last night. Someone did tell you that he was as good if not better than DJ in pass coverage ...

MUFC OK
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ to play MLB when he gets back. Calling it now

Fify.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

3-0 with brooking as the starter.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Del Rio is the MVP of this game. He called an outstanding game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win and balanced effort. All parts of our team were clicking last night.

Next to the usual stellar play of Manning and DT, Virgil Green and Woodyard were impressive. Green blocked his butt off and showed athleticism and Woodyard was all over the field. He really is an asset to have when playing against offenses which primarily pass.

Hillman busted out, but one has to keep in mind it's the Saints D we're talking about. The fumbles by him and Willis were unnecessary. Denver needs to stop that.

The play of Harris really makes me wonder what we will do with him once Porter is considered good to go again. I'd still rather have Carter in nickle and dime formations, yet Harris opposite of Bailey instead of Porter and Bailey- why not? Porter is solid and deserves to be on the field, but Harris plays out of his mind right now. The deciding factor will probably be the fact that Harris can play both, 2nd CB and nickle. I don't know whether Porter has ever played nickle, but I would assume putting him there would decrease the effectiveness of the whole unit. I think the level of play of Harris and Carter will have more of an impact on Porter's chances to be resigned next offseason than actually affect his starting job for now.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:

Next to the usual stellar play of Manning and DT, Virgil Green and Woodyard were impressive. Green blocked his butt off and showed athleticism and Woodyard was all over the field. He really is an asset to have when playing against offenses which primarily pass.

Hillman busted out, but one has to keep in mind it's the Saints D we're talking about. The fumbles by him and Willis were unnecessary. Denver needs to stop that.

The play of Harris really makes me wonder what we will do with him once Porter is considered good to go again. I'd still rather have Carter in nickle and dime formations, yet Harris opposite of Bailey instead of Porter and Bailey- why not? Porter is solid and deserves to be on the field, but Harris plays out of his mind right now. The deciding factor will probably be the fact that Harris can play both, 2nd CB and nickle. I don't know whether Porter has ever played nickle, but I would assume putting him there would decrease the effectiveness of the whole unit. I think the level of play of Harris and Carter will have more of an impact on Porter's chances to be resigned next offseason than actually affect his starting job for now.

Harris is one of, if not the best nickel corners in the league. He saw a good amount of time in the nickel the last two games, and Carter was outside. I think when Porter comes back we just stay with what we normally do... Harris in the nickel, Porter outside opposite Champ. Carter coming in when we use 4 db's. Nice to finally have this kind of talent at the CB position though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Harris is one of, if not the best nickel corners in the league. He saw a good amount of time in the nickel the last two games, and Carter was outside. I think when Porter comes back we just stay with what we normally do... Harris in the nickel, Porter outside opposite Champ. Carter coming in when we use 4 db's. Nice to finally have this kind of talent at the CB position though.

Agreed. Combine that with the fact that Rahim Moore has been very good at safety this year relative to last year, and the tides are turning for the secondary.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:

Agreed. Combine that with the fact that Rahim Moore has been very good at safety this year relative to last year, and the tides are turning for the secondary.

Yes, that is what I meant. Harris is hot right now, but he already excels at nickle. If the whole group perfoms better with the combination of Bailey and Porter on the outside, Harris on the inside - even though he outplayed Porter on the outside so far -, we keep this going no matter Harris warranting a starting nod.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Jack Del Rio is the MVP of this game. He called an outstanding game.

As an extension to that I think Ron Milus (secondary), Richard Smith (LB's) and Jay Rodgers (DL) also need some recognition. The improvement in all 3 areas over last year is remarkable.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Good performance against a bad team last night. Obviously with Drew Brees it is a tough game regardless, but the Saints were always going to struggle against our pass rush. They don't have a quick passing game like the Patriots to negate our pass rush, and our guys held up brilliantly in the Secondary.

Wesley Woodyard will likely now shift to overrated from underrated, but he made some fantastic splash plays last night. Someone did tell you that he was as good if not better than DJ in pass coverage ...

IMO WW has been our best coverage LB for two seasons now. His main liability has been against the run, but he does seem to be making a lot more plays this year near the LOS.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

I doubt that seriously. Actually, I'm trying to figure how DJ fits in the last part of the season.

Irving is blossoming as a solid backup as SLB, WW is better in coverage than DJ and if kept clean very good at run support.

Trevathan is improving rapidly and fits really well as a coverage LB.

Dj's going to be quite rusty, and would disrupt whats starting to be good continuity at LB.

Love to hear some opinions on this, especially from our coaches.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

Jump to: