Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8 GDT Thread: DEN vs NO on SNF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AussieBronco66 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Broncos depth chart just got updated:

-Ronnie Hillman just got bumped up to 2nd string RB (officially)
-Keith Brooking just got bumped up to 1st string MLB (officially)
-Julius Thomas was bumped down to 4th string TE (officially)

So does that mean Moreno is behind Lance Ball now?
Well Joe Mays isn't going to be in Orange next year
Is he worse than Virgil Green? I know that Tamme and Dreessen are our two TE's but is Thomas worse than Green?

Moreno isn't even active on gameday, he's definitely behind Lance.

I agree Mays won't be here.

Virgil Green is a good blocking TE, IMO, and if they used him more he'd be a nice threat in some packages. Thomas has shown nothing.

We just signed him to a 3 year extension. We will get a replacement at MLB, but if anything, Brooking will retire before Mays leaves.

Maybe. But if we draft/sign a MLB, we may outright cut him. Nothing would shock me.

Thanks, Tzimisce
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AussieBronco66 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Is he worse than Virgil Green? I know that Tamme and Dreessen are our two TE's but is Thomas worse than Green?

Virgil Green is a good blocking TE, IMO, and if they used him more he'd be a nice threat in some packages. Thomas has shown nothing.

We just signed him to a 3 year extension. We will get a replacement at MLB, but if anything, Brooking will retire before Mays leaves.

I disagree. Yes he was signed for 3 years but I dont think cutting Mays after 1 year will have a serious detrimental salary cap impact. I think he is making 4 million this year.
I definitely think Mays is done in Denver after this year. He lost his starting job to Brooking. With Brooking having one foot in retirement I think it is safe to say Denver will be looking for a new MLB next year. Hell, if Brooking is our best option at MLB then I cant wait till DJ Williams gets back. I think he would do a better job than anyone on the team at MLB.
If DJ can get his act together, I would like for us to keep him. He is a good player and right now our depth at LB is atrocious.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AussieBronco66 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

I disagree. Yes he was signed for 3 years but I dont think cutting Mays after 1 year will have a serious detrimental salary cap impact. I think he is making 4 million this year.
I definitely think Mays is done in Denver after this year. He lost his starting job to Brooking. With Brooking having one foot in retirement I think it is safe to say Denver will be looking for a new MLB next year. Hell, if Brooking is our best option at MLB then I cant wait till DJ Williams gets back. I think he would do a better job than anyone on the team at MLB.
If DJ can get his act together, I would like for us to keep him. He is a good player and right now our depth at LB is atrocious.

just a quick thought, jon beason is going to be placed on ir, the panthers might cut him after the end of the season. would he be worth signing for the right price in f.a.?
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRebar913 wrote:
mke1010 wrote:
BroncoinGermany wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
AussieBronco66 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

just a quick thought, jon beason is going to be placed on ir, the panthers might cut him after the end of the season. would he be worth signing for the right price in f.a.?

Absolutely not. Beason has so many injury issues it isn't even funny. He's hurt every single year. I would rather us go out and get someone young and good at LB instead of always signing washed up vets.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mays wont get cut unless he play completely falls off the table. He has too much value for this team on special teams.

Whether we sign or draft a MLBer, Mays stays. He'll backup and play great special teams.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Mays wont get cut unless he play completely falls off the table. He has too much value for this team on special teams.

Whether we sign or draft a MLBer, Mays stays. He'll backup and play great special teams.

We can probably have Mays kill the Punter on special teams

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

He signed a 3 year, 12 million dollar contract this summer. You dont pay that type of $$$ for a backup MLB/special teamer. If he cant regain his starting job he should be cut.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

He signed a 3 year, 12 million dollar contract this summer. You dont pay that type of $$$ for a backup MLB/special teamer. If he cant regain his starting job he should be cut.

I agree. Regardless of ST value if he can't regain his starting job he'll be a salary cap casualty. In short, priced himself out of a job.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame this game isn't tomorrow night instead, don't think the Saints would function as well in snow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Shame this game isn't tomorrow night instead, don't think the Saints would function as well in snow.
Snow? Just the thought of it makes my skin crawl. Thank god it doesn't snow in San Diego.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
AussieBronco66

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Brees trying to play in the snow? Well that just aint gonna work

mess with him at your peril
MeloTuloMarsh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go to CU, and I imagine that the saints in snow would resemble something like all the kids on Farrand Field today that have never seen snow before.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

I agree. Regardless of ST value if he can't regain his starting job he'll be a salary cap casualty. In short, priced himself out of a job.

How much of his contract is guaranteed though? If its the entire contract then I wouldnt say hes getting cut. If its a small amount, the sure, he is expendable. I dont think the front office would guarantee the whole extension but worse things have happened.

Hes actually got more value than some are saying. Hes obviously good on special teams, hes a pretty decent blitzing LBer so you can scheme him in with a good DC on passing downs, and hes not a terrible backup to have on the team in a crucial position.

I think hes got some value to stick around.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

How much of his contract is guaranteed though? If its the entire contract then I wouldnt say hes getting cut. If its a small amount, the sure, he is expendable. I dont think the front office would guarantee the whole extension but worse things have happened.

Hes actually got more value than some are saying. Hes obviously good on special teams, hes a pretty decent blitzing LBer so you can scheme him in with a good DC on passing downs, and hes not a terrible backup to have on the team in a crucial position.

I think hes got some value to stick around.

All valid points. I don't know how the contract reads.

I guess my point is that if he falls into that "salary cap hell" with say a $4m cap hit if he stays and $1m if he's cut he'll be gone. Thats too high a percentage of the entire cap to pay for a backup.

My guess is thats about where he'll fall.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Snow? Just the thought of it makes my skin crawl. Thank god it doesn't snow in San Diego.

It snows in San Diego..haha maybe not by the coast but it definitely snows in San Diego.

Source: lived in San Diego my whole life

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: