Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kelsay: "Not everybody was playing hard every snap"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Kelsay: "Not everybody was playing hard every snap" Reply with quote

http://wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/14587212

Chris Kelsay wrote:
Some way somehow, we need to understand what accountability means across the board, playing hard every play because you watch the film and not everybody was playing hard every play, and thatís unacceptable. There's no excuse for it.

While not calling out any specific players, Kelsay is calling out the defense as a whole. I doubt it will change much, but I am glad to see somebody step up and show some leadership.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Nucealius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take back everything bad I've ever said about Kelsay. We need some leadership, even if it's only coming from a backup end.

Thanks to NickChowaniec for the sig.

NFL- Buffalo Bills
College- Tennessee Vols
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always loved Kelsay, wasn't ever the best we had at the position, but he's seemingly the only leadership we have now. At least somebody seems to give a crap.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
DubiDo0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Always loved Kelsay, wasn't ever the best we had at the position, but he's seemingly the only leadership we have now. At least somebody seems to give a crap.

Mario Williams is the true culprit. He was supposed to come in and lead this team. Unfortunatly many of us didn't listen to Houston fans who told us he shows up for maybe 5 games a year. His work ethic is rubbing off on the entire defense in a negative way.

I started disliking him after he complained about hands to the face in the Jets game. Leaders don't make excuses; they find ways to win. He will eventually become a black mark on our team.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly you dont listen to other players who play with Mario, his work ethic is their stop listening to the fans. His injury excuses are weak but he is a follower quiet type guy but he played hard and had solid results. He isnt getting it from this team because of the coaching it is terrible. They need to use him to his advantage. Everyone thinks that he needs to have big results inorder for him to be worth the money but he adds another demension to the dline which pulls opponents oline player to double team him. The bills dont have a solid rushing Lb nor a strong DE opposite to him. Im not giving Mario excuses he should perform better but to trash the guy when you seem absolutely clueless on whats going on you just need to keep your mouth shut until you get a grasp of what the real issue is.

You guys may think Kelsey is a good guy for coming out and saying something but in actuality he is just hurting himself and making this team look worse. Keep that type of stuff behind closed doors and show your frustration there to the players and not in front of the media.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Clearly you dont listen to other players who play with Mario, his work ethic is their stop listening to the fans. His injury excuses are weak but he is a follower quiet type guy but he played hard and had solid results. He isnt getting it from this team because of the coaching it is terrible. They need to use him to his advantage. Everyone thinks that he needs to have big results inorder for him to be worth the money but he adds another demension to the dline which pulls opponents oline player to double team him. The bills dont have a solid rushing Lb nor a strong DE opposite to him. Im not giving Mario excuses he should perform better but to trash the guy when you seem absolutely clueless on whats going on you just need to keep your mouth shut until you get a grasp of what the real issue is.

You guys may think Kelsey is a good guy for coming out and saying something but in actuality he is just hurting himself and making this team look worse. Keep that type of stuff behind closed doors and show your frustration there to the players and not in front of the media.

In everything you said about Mario I agree 100% with, however about Kelsey I like what he did by going to the media because it should light a fire under some of these players butts. I heard on the radio after the game that Rodgers was seen mouthing the words "why me?" after Washington scored that TD on him to win the game. If we have players with that selfish attitude then they need to go and coaches need to do a much better job coaching.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This defense desperately needs Ron Brooks. When is he expected to be back?

And I have no major problems with Mario, it's not like he's the only problem with our defense right now. Our secondary and linebackers are far worse than the line ATM.

TommyC376

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
This defense desperately needs Ron Brooks. When is he expected to be back?

And I have no major problems with Mario, it's not like he's the only problem with our defense right now. Our secondary and linebackers are far worse than the line ATM.
It all starts with the line though, for passing downs atleast. If they get pressure our DBs look good. If not they are screwed (DBs).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

I'm going based on what Houston fans told us (they've watched a ton more than we have) and what I've seen. Youre just as clueless as I am. Neither of us are there behind close doors. But we are both entitled to our opinions, so please restrain from your stupid insults.

And your post was full of excuses. Good job on trying to cover that up, though!

He is what he is. He'll dominate a game, then he'll be invisible for a game. It's the truth, and this season is going par to that statement. Fans will get tired of it, because we paid him like the next Bruce Smith. Which I knew he wouldn't be, but a ton of people expected. They will grow tired of it.
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

Mario Williams is very rarely getting double teamed. Gronkowski blocked him one on one and neutralized him. Kyle Moore came in this last game, playing against the very same man Mario was matched up with and stuffed by, and bull rushed him into the QB and created pressure. Bruce Smith murdered every man in front of him to make a play. Kyle Williams is the player on the line who gets double teamed and he makes plays. Aaron Schobel made plays on a defense where he was the only guy on the line. Mario is more physically gifted than all of those players except for Bruce but he isn't getting anything done.

Mario's wrist injury is about the only thing I'll accept as a reason for his lack of on field presence. At this point I don't know why he's still playing. It's obviously bad enough to keep him from being productive and it's not getting any better by him playing. Put Mario on the sideline in street clothes until he's healthy, we won't miss him on the field.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

I would take the "Bickering Bills" over any team this organization has fielded over the last 12+ years.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

I would take the "Bickering Bills" over any team this organization has fielded over the last 12+ years.

+1

Somebody's gotta show they care. Cause it sure as hell doesn't show up on the field.

swolfdab

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not bash Mario Williams' work ethic and effort just yet. I think it's too early to say whether or not he's lost that...

To me, it really looks like he's playing hurt. He just doesn't look comfortable out there. Maybe, it's the fact that he's not playing on his natural side... Take both of these things into account, and you have what we have gotten with Mario thus far.

I say you allow him two weeks to rest his wrist. Work him light in practice, if at all. You come out of the bye week, move Kelsay/Moore to the left side, and move Mario back to his original spot on the right side. Then evaluate more after the Texans game, which you know he's going to be amped for.

I'd be willing to bet you see an improvement.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: