Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Deadline in 1 week
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Trade Deadline in 1 week Reply with quote

I know there is another thread floating around about trades, but figured I would start up a fresh one since it is now only 1 week away. The Cowboys are sitting at 3-3 with a tough schedule ahead. We are winning ugly and loosing even uglier. We can't get it right on Offense (for some appearant reason), we are up and down on Defense from week to week.

So, time to rehash that question, should we be sellers or should we become buyers in the next week? Should we rid a few picks for some added help, or should we stock up on some picks for players who are under performing?

Here is some food for thought on some potential trade candidates:

CB Mike Jenkins: Mike Jenkins has was not very pleased during the offseason when we made some serious changes to our secondary in the offseason. There are several teams out there who could use a CB of Jenkins calibre to give them a boost. But, We currently only have 4 CB's on the roster, so our depth here is not that deep, but very top heavy. Also, Jenkins Playing time has deminished greatly over the last few weeks. Week 2 - 6 snaps / Week 3 - 31 snaps / Week 4 - 15 snaps / Week 6 - 6 snaps / Week 7 - 1 snap. Hmmmmm preventing injury for possible trade??

NT Jay Ratliff: While Ratliff is back on the field, I dont feel that he has been that disruptive since returning. I would go as far as say that Brent and Lissimore have been much better than him so far in this short season. Ratliff is currently under contract till the end of 2016 season with 5 Mil, 5.5 Mil, 7 Mil and 7.5 Mil over that time. He makes a very good candidate to move to a team who could use a DE/DT and allow us to clean out some CAP space over the next few years. I love Rat, but he is clearly a shell of his former self.

RB Felix Jones: While the injury to Murray is a hard pill to swallow, it may be a blessing in disguise. It has allowed us to put Jones out on field more, get him visible to other teams. There are few teams out there who could use a RB right now. Jacksonville looks to be with out MJD for some time with a possible Lisfranc injury, Arizona is now using their 3rd RB, Green Bay has been looking for a RB capable of taking some pressure off of Rodgers. There are 6 teams averaging less than 90 yards per game, 3 averaging less than 80. There is some type of a market out there. IMO, Tanner and Dunbar are both capable of handling some duty which allows us to move Felix who won't be on the team after this season as it is. I would rather move him now and get a 6th or 7th than wait till 2014 and see if we get a comp pick for him.

These are the 3 that I firmly believe should be out there as trade bait. Are there any others that you guys believe should be shopped?

If we are on the buys list, who should we target? Guard? Center?

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne

Last edited by textaz03 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA! I will delete mine. Well played. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
cowboyfanin2890

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratliff actually looked pretty good on Sunday, and with JJ's comments about us having a Super Bowl caliber team we can forget about dropping the FJ dead weight. There is many options but I really do not see any that will help us in the short or long term.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only one I would trade, is Jay Ratliff. I feel like he is the most overrated Cowboys player, and I think a move to a team that runs a 4-3 would do him good. I have to admit that he looked good vs. Panthers, but they also were without Kalil while making changes to all three interrior line positions.
if we could get a 3rd for him I would be very pleased.. And I don't see a 2nd being totaly out of the question either, if we are lucky. I wouldnt do it for less then a 3rd..

- Brent has shown that he is capable of starting and stop the run. Lissemore can play the NT position as well while adding some passrush, and don't forget that there is some pretty good NT's in this years draft. And I think that we haven't made Ratliff a DE yet for a reason..

does anyone know how long time there is before Lissemore returns?

Last edited by DKDALfan on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix is garbage. If we could get any sort of compensation from some desperate team out there, I would hope the front office would pull the trigger. Tanner and Dunbar are as good if not better than "Garfield" and I think it's time to cut ties with him.

I've noticed Jenkins' snaps decreasing as well...either as you mentioned they are saving him for potential trade bait, or for later in the year as we make a (hopeful) playoff push.

And I doubt we see Ratliff traded. The team seems hellbent on the belief he's a legit NT and I don't see him being moved or surpassed on the depth chart. The plantar fasciitis will be used as an excuse for his poor play.

^^^mack
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read an article on PFT about the Rams wanting to unload players for picks. Id be in for Steven Jackson. Its obvious Felix just isn't a Full Time RB or even between the tackles. If we can grab Jack for a 5th or 6th to take some of the strain off Demarco, Id be happy.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
I read an article on PFT about the Rams wanting to unload players for picks. Id be in for Steven Jackson. Its obvious Felix just isn't a Full Time RB or even between the tackles. If we can grab Jack for a 5th or 6th to take some of the strain off Demarco, Id be happy.

For a 5th...I think I'd consider that.

^^^mack
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know who I'd trade a low pick for???

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
textaz03

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurent Robinson would be a good pick up. But, I don't want to add that 5 year 32.5 Mil contract to our CAP. He would have to restructure, but I'm not sure he is a candidate to, since it hasn't been a full year since he signed it.

Bringing him back would allow us to FINALLY DUMP OGLETREE!!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Laurent Robinson would be a good pick up. But, I don't want to add that 5 year 32.5 Mil contract to our CAP. He would have to restructure, but I'm not sure he is a candidate to, since it hasn't been a full year since he signed it.

No one is going to going to give us anything for Jenkins or Felix as they are FA in the off season.

With the contract that Jay Ratliff signed last year plus his age no one is going to give us anything of worth for Ratliff.

Steven Jackson for a 5th, really, WTF, are you smoking? Rams wouldn't let him go for less than a 3rd. The moment Jackson steps on the field he is the best RB on the Cowboys roster, and he is a team player not complaining even though he has been playing on one of the worst teams in the league for the past 4 years.

I wouldn't mind Jerry looking to see what we could get for a late round pick since the rash of injuries has depleted the depth. Considering Jerry can't find a decent player in rounds 4-7 to save his life.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Ace5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on any guards that might be on the trade block? Someone to replace the burning deuce?
buckwild

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
Any word on any guards that might be on the trade block? Someone to replace the burning deuce?

Good analogy as he is about as good as a flaming bag of dog crap on your front porch.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:

If the Boys dealt for Robinson, they would only be on the hook for about $21.4M over four years as he received an $8M signing bonus and $2.1M in base salary this year. Jacksonville is on the hook for the entire signing bonus if he's traded. His 2nd year is guaranteed at $1M. But if the Boys cut him, they would only be on the hook for that 2nd-year salary.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always wanted Steven Jackson to have a star on his helmet, so that is a trade I could definitely get behind, especially if it involved shipping Felix Jones to the Rams. But, I don't see it happening. I think Jackson is going to go to Green Bay. They won't have Benson back until Week 14 and have no running game at all right now.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:

Actually I would trade Felix for Robinson. He has 14mil guaranteed, so if I am correct, it would bring the actual contract down to around 4.5 years for 21.5 mil. Here are his annual salaries:

2012: remaining 8 games $500k(half of 1 mil base salary)
2013: $2.6 mil
2014: $5.6 mil
2015: $6.4 mil
2016: $6.4 mil

We could have him for this year, and next year, while developing Beastley, and Coale(assuming he's still on the practice squad), and then release him. I can't see Jacksonville eating that much, but hey you guys brought it up.

Guess I could just said, "What TSSS says".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: