Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garcon has torn foot tendon--
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
Here's hoping it doesn't come to that. By all the dropped passes today the Skins need all the abled bodied WRs they can get.
i just noticed you joined. Welcome to the board buddy. Make sure you read the rules and go to the "getting to know you" topic and tell us about yourself and how you became a redskins fan. Happy to have you
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bears2308

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that Shanny didn't rule out Garcon for week 9, but should hopefully return after the bye.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
I just read that Shanny didn't rule out Garcon for week 9, but should hopefully return after the bye.
i think after the bye is more likely. I hope so, we miss his big play ability out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Garcon might have to undergo season ending foot surgery.
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/6/redskins-pierre-garcon-foot-injury-surgery-sundber/

I was hoping Pierre could play this year to gain some on field rapport with the offense. Here's hoping this isn't a recurring problem for him?
Better run better run faster than RG3.
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that on Garcon. I hope he goes ahead and gets the surgery. Outside him. The guys at that position need to finish it so we can see what there is for the future.
Plus it will easily put him at 100% next year for workouts and all else.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
redskins4life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't expect Garcon to be the only WR this year to carry us. I was really hoping Hankerson and Moss would also step up! We have so many quality WRs underachieving this year! Dammit!
PARROTHEAD

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underachieving or just dont have it?
Moss has aged, and though he lost weight and all. Already looked to be on the slides the past couple seasons to begin with.
And Hankerson... Well Ive never had hopes in him to amount to much of anything. And hes one that hasnt been proving me wrong. Which is a shame.

Why I want Garcon to go ahead and get the surgery over with. Lets see what we got with the rest. Cause as many drops as the group produce. They need to find out what they can develop in a gametime situation.

Trinidad: Where you can play dodgeball, jump off a diving board, and call a team the Redskins without the Communist Left sayin otherwise.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Moss is the same old moss. A little inconsistent but still our most productive wr. People only remember the few drops he has, but not the 5 tds he has. Confused We knew Moss had lost a step and wasn't going to set the world on fire, I'm not really sure what people expect out of a 33 year old wr... A pro bowl or something? He's on pace to get near his highest td tally of his career - 10

Arrow Hankerson- he's basically a rookie. He's still developing. Only 24 years old. What do people expect? Really? Not every wr just steps on the field as a young guy and sets the world on fire. Some take a few years to get "it"! He's shown flashes. He does have 26 recs through 7 games. It's not like he's been invisible. Not horrible for a rookie.

Arrow Robinson- he's basically a rookie. He's still developing. Only 24 years old. What do people expect? Really? Not every wr just steps on the field as a young guy and sets the world on fire. He's shown flashes that the can be a deep threat for us in the first few games of he year.

Arrow Briscoe- only 23 years old! He arrived in our camp late after being cut by the Bucs. He's always been behind the other Wrs. I hope he's kept for next year because I think the trio of Hankerson, Briscoe, Roinson can be special in time. They all just need time to develop in this offense. People need to show a little more patience. IMO

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:40 am; edited 1 time in total
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Arrow Moss is the same old moss. A little inconsistent but still our most productive wr. People only remember the few drops he has, but not the 5 tds he has. Confused We knew Moss had lost a step and wasn't going to set the world on fire, I'm not really sure what people expect out of a 33 year old wr... A pro bowl or something? He's on pace to get near his highest td tally of his career - 10

Arrow Hankerson- he's basically a rookie. He's still developing. Only 24 years old. What do people expect? Really? Not every wr just steps on the field as a young guy and sets the world on fire. Some take a few years to get "it"! He's shown flashes. He does have 26 recs brought 7 games. It's not like he's been invisible. Not horrible for a rookie

Arrow Robinson- he's basically a rookie. He's still developing. Only 24 years old. What do people expect? Really? Not every wr just steps on the field as a young guy and sets the world on fire. He's shown flashes that the can be a deep threat for us in the first few games of he year.

Arrow Briscoe- only 23 years old! He arrived in our camp late after being cut by the Bucs. He's always been behind the other Wrs. I hope he's kept for next year because I think the trio of Hankerson, Briscoe, Roinson can be special in time. They all just need time to develop in his offense. People need to show a little more patience. IMO

Great Post, but...
Young WR's that develop into starters either show more than one 24 yard catch a game or at some point dominate when the game is on the line. Even if they don't do it consistently. It happens at some point.
All our WR's (even Moss) except Garcon-who can't get on the field- have CHOKED when they need to step up. That is very disturbing. Very.

They need to display some testicular fortitude. All of them. Or they are worthless.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Arrow Hankerson- he's basically a rookie. He's still developing. Only 24 years old. What do people expect? Really? Not every wr just steps on the field as a young guy and sets the world on fire. Some take a few years to get "it"! He's shown flashes. He does have 26 recs brought 7 games. It's not like he's been invisible. Not horrible for a rookie

Arrow Briscoe- only 23 years old! He arrived in our camp late after being cut by the Bucs. He's always been behind the other Wrs. I hope he's kept for next year because I think the trio of Hankerson, Briscoe, Roinson can be special in time. They all just need time to develop in his offense. People need to show a little more patience. IMO

Great Post, but...
Young WR's that develop into starters either show more than one 24 yard catch a game or at some point dominate when the game is on the line. Even if they don't do it consistently. It happens at some point.
All our WR's (even Moss) except Garcon-who can't get on the field- have CHOKED when they need to step up. That is very disturbing. Very.

They need to display some testicular fortitude. All of them. Or they are worthless.
look up the career of guys like Roddy white etc, etc

They're young. If its the end of next year and the trio of Wrs hasn't shown they can be our future, then you draft a wr in round 2 or sign a new one in FA. This is the first year this current group has been together with griffin. All I ask for us patience and another year of development before blowing everything up.

Same with the defense. Let see what happens next year with some upgrades in the secondary and Orakpo, Merriweather and Carriker back
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="turtle28"]
Quote:

They're young. If its the end of next year and the trio of Wrs hasn't shown they can be our future, then you draft a wr in round 2 or sign a new one in FA. This is the first year this current group has been together with griffin. All I ask for us patience and another year of development before blowing everything up.

Same with the defense. Let see what happens next year with some upgrades in the secondary and Orakpo, Merriweather and Carriker back

Please. Rolling Eyes I know about the careers of young WR's who struggle at first, then succeed. Even Roddy White dominated some games as a young player he just was very inconsistent and that was his problem. It was actually a bit of a surprise when they slid him into a starting role. But he still showed where he could turn it on at times. That's why they did it. Our guys have not showed that more than like once. None of them.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Please. Rolling Eyes I know about the careers of young WR's who struggle at first, then succeed. Even Roddy White dominated some games as a young player he just was very inconsistent and that was his problem. It was actually a bit of a surprise when they slid him into a starting role. But he still showed where he could turn it on at times. That's why they did it. Our guys have not showed that more than like once. None of them.
really?

-I remember Hank having 8 catches, 106 yds and a 2 pt conversion catch last year in the only game he saw significant time last year.

-I remember Hank catching a 68 yd td pass vs Stl Rams.
- 7 catches vs Tampa.
- 6 catches vs the giants.

Seems like he's showing something and developing. He's just young and we have Morgan spitting time in his spot right now. If you take Morgan out of the equation, I'm sure Hnk would have 40 receptions 600 yds and 2 tds through 9 games

Robinson played well before his concussion and got lost in the shuffle since missing that Tampa game. He showed flashes in No though.

Briscoe showed a lot last year for the Bucs. I told you guys to temper expectations about him because he would start off behind our other Wrs and he'd be buried in our depth chart. Still he's only 23. Had 35 catches and 6 tds lat year.

I expect all three of these guys to show more the second half of the year and especially next year because I expect Moss to be gone. That frees up one of them to grab that spot in the depth chart.

Through 9 games we have 6 receivers near or over 20 catches. (Unfortunately 1 is out for the year in Davis) Tell me when's the last time you could say that about a redskins passing game? If we didn't have such an off day in Pitt and Davis didn't get hurt, we'd have 4 receivers near or over 30 receptions. 4 of our guys are 26 or under

We will only be better next year.
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

-I remember Hank having 8 catches, 106 yds and a 2 pt conversion catch last year in the only game he saw significant time last year.

- 7 catches vs Tampa.

Robinson played well before his concussion and got lost in the shuffle since missing that Tampa game. He showed flashes in No though.

Briscoe showed a lot last year for the Bucs. I told you guys to temper expectations about him because he would start off behind our other Wrs and he'd be buried in our depth chart. Still he's only 23. Had 35 catches and 6 tds lat year.

I expect all three of these guys to show more the second half of the year and especially next year because I expect Moss to be gone. That frees up one of them to grab that spot in the depth chart.

Through 9 games we have 6 receivers near or over 20 catches. (Unfortunately 1 is out for the year in Davis) Tell me when's the last time you could say that about a redskins passing game? If we didn't have such an off day in Pitt and Davis didn't get hurt, we'd have 4 receivers near or over 30 receptions. 4 of our guys are 26 or under

Actually you wanted Briscoe cut, and it was ME who brought up REPEATEDLY how he scored 6TD's against NFL competition last year after you said over and over that he had proven nothing at all and didn't deserve a roster spot.

I will ease back and give these guys some time. But don't start acting like you didn't need to be convinced that they just needed time.
I give them thru next year too. That sounds reasonable.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

- 7 catches vs Tampa.

Actually you wanted Briscoe cut, and it was ME who brought up REPEATEDLY how he scored 6TD's against NFL competition last year after you said over and over that he had proven nothing at all and didn't deserve a roster spot.

I will ease back and give these guys some time. But don't start acting like you didn't need to be convinced that they just needed time.
no doubt. I was wrong and have never said I wasn't. The reason I wanted him cut was because of a #'s game. I knew he'd be buried in the depth chart and I thought it'd be better to keep an OT like Willie Smith or something else where we needed more depth.

I just knew he wouldn't have much of an impact but I do think he can develop into a 2/3 wr for us in the future. In the end, I like what they did. Now I see why he's here and I hope he's back next year.
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:

no doubt. I was wrong and have never said I wasn't. The reason I wanted him cut was because of a #'s game. I knew he'd be buried in the depth chart and I thought it'd be better to keep an OT like Willie Smith or something else where we needed more depth.

I just knew he wouldn't have much of an impact but I do think he can develop into a 2/3 wr for us in the future. In the end, I like what they did. Now I see why he's here and I hope he's back next year.

I am wrong alot of times too. That's why it's nice to get on here and discuss all these things.

I hope Hankerson AND Briscoe both develop into good WR's for us. I said many times we can use their size around the end zone. I just lose sight of that when I don't see production I expect from guys that have been in the league a couple years.

So maybe we do get Garcon back and he shows these kids how to produce and they step up. It's what the FO intended, plus they got a relatively young Garcon in his prime instead of a veteran who is on his way out of the league.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: