Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marcel Reece
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolf7373

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Marcel Reece Reply with quote

Ive watched this guy play a few games this season, and he seems best suited to play TE. Im not a raiders fan, but I play FF and TE play has been pretty underwhelming this season and Im looking to get a ninja off the waivers. Does Reece have potential to break out as an H-Back esque player? I know Meyer is the starter but I just like Reece's potential. If im really reaching here let me know, just thought Id get some good feedback from you guys. Thanks!

Last edited by wolf7373 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is on the waivers I would get him. He plays FB but splits out as a H-Back and even carries the ball occasionally. Very dangerous weapon.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcel Reece Reply with quote

wolf7373 wrote:
Ive watched this guy play a few games this season, and he seems best suited to play TE. Im not a raiders fan, but I play FF and TE play has been pretty underwhelming this season and Im looking to get a ninja off the waivers. Does Reece have potential to break out as an H-Back esque player. I know Meyer is the starter but I just like Reece's potential. If im really reaching here let me know, just thought Id get some good feedback from you guys. Thanks!

Pass bro, just pass. He could play TE or even WR to be honest. He can literally beat CBs in routes.

But he's just not being used. Not at all to the point where's fantasy relevant. And it doesn't seem to be changing soon. A real disappointment, because I genuinely think he has the potential to be a true impact player if used.
Nightmare

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last couple of seasons he's been a big threat because Hue Jackson and Al Saunders actually valued what he could bring to the offense as a receiver, runner and general dynamic threat. Knapp just doesn't buy into this. He's a FB, and Knapp has him blocking most of the time, because he's an idiot. I'd say it's a risky move.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcel Reece Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
wolf7373 wrote:
Ive watched this guy play a few games this season, and he seems best suited to play TE. Im not a raiders fan, but I play FF and TE play has been pretty underwhelming this season and Im looking to get a ninja off the waivers. Does Reece have potential to break out as an H-Back esque player. I know Meyer is the starter but I just like Reece's potential. If im really reaching here let me know, just thought Id get some good feedback from you guys. Thanks!

Pass bro, just pass. He could play TE or even WR to be honest. He can literally beat CBs in routes.

But he's just not being used. Not at all to the point where's fantasy relevant. And it doesn't seem to be changing soon. A real disappointment, because I genuinely think he has the potential to be a true impact player if used.

Holy nailed it.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reece is talented and I think has the potential to break out at a lot of positions but I don't think he's a legitimate fantasy option. Not a consistent one anyway. He does have the ability to hit the big play but he isn't being utilized.

He was much better under Hue's direction. Hue was more creative than Knapp and managed to get our playmakers the ball. Get Reece the ball in open space and he'll usually flourish. He would do very well on a team like Baltimore, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They did get him more involved this week. But the defender may two great plays against him that would have been big gains and a TD. I would expect to see him more moving forward.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
Last couple of seasons he's been a big threat because Hue Jackson and Al Saunders actually valued what he could bring to the offense as a receiver, runner and general dynamic threat. Knapp just doesn't buy into this. He's a FB, and Knapp has him blocking most of the time, because he's an idiot. I'd say it's a risky move.

As surprising as it will sound, he's actually on pace for his best receiving year.
The main difference is he's not used as a runner at all. McFadden is the only guy getting carries despite not being effective at all, go figure.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The jukes he made on that long reception were so smooth and effortless for him. Reece Lightning!

“If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get Myers well before Reece. He's becoming one of Carson's main targets.

PM sig requests.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:

This is false. He's having a great receiving year for a FB and sees quite a good amount of targets, but as Carson said sometimes the specific plays they have called for him have to go somewhere else because Reece is covered. Carson threw two long balls to him across the middle on Sunday but that rookie CB made some nice plays.

People love to bash Knapp, but he has said plenty of times that he knows what kind of talent Reece is and how he needs to be involved.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

People love to bash Knapp, but he has said plenty of times that he knows what kind of talent Reece is and how he needs to be involved.

He should give him a few carries then.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

This is false. He's having a great receiving year for a FB and sees quite a good amount of targets, but as Carson said sometimes the specific plays they have called for him have to go somewhere else because Reece is covered. Carson threw two long balls to him across the middle on Sunday but that rookie CB made some nice plays.

+1

I actually dont recall seeing him block as much this year as he has the past two years. Right now he is on pace to beat his career highs in catches and yards, so I cant complain too much, although it would be nice to see him get a couple carries a game.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Chali21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Nightmare wrote:

+1

I actually dont recall seeing him block as much this year as he has the past two years. Right now he is on pace to beat his career highs in catches and yards, so I cant complain too much, although it would be nice to see him get a couple carries a game.

Reese has been blocking more. I think that has less to do with Knapp being an idiot and more to do with our line being inept at blocking.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read Myers was targeted 10 times last game.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: