Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady Quinn starting vs Raiders!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
After being absolutely frank on my Bowe opinion (and being flamed for it) here's another one:

Maybe you should start being "KC Guy" again instead of Frank. Frank is on the hot seat around here, he's been noticed going along with Pioli's plan to get rid of Bowe.

I'll just say KC_Guy was critical of Pioli long before it was cool. You may disagree with his assessment of Bowe, but no way is he going along with Pioli.

^ryknowssd on the sig
shanekc88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: should have singed a FA QB Reply with quote

IMO we should have picked up Garrad off the FA list. We are going to have a top 5 pick again. I hate seeing my team loose. No Barkley no Geno Smith.. its tough, guys who do we want as our Qb? I feel our QB play gets shelved because of our horrible play calls/running game that we so call our backbone.. throw the ball down the field to Baldwin at least 5 times a game. hit Dbowe down the field at least 7 times in the game. Spread defenses out wide then come back in with our counter runs/ Delays with our off set formation double TE set. We can be this type of team I honestly think we can do it. Not hard to throw the ball in the area of Baldwin guy has Randy Moss type special play ability. Yes I said that. Chiefs nation stand up
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
After being absolutely frank on my Bowe opinion (and being flamed for it) here's another one:

Maybe you should start being "KC Guy" again instead of Frank. Frank is on the hot seat around here, he's been noticed going along with Pioli's plan to get rid of Bowe.

Not sure what you want to tell me - in case you misunderstood click here
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not hard to throw the ball in the area of Baldwin guy has Randy Moss type special play ability. Yes I said that.

Look I get being optimistic about Baldwin...I really do. But Mike Williams and Charles Rodgers had a ton of ability too.

Now that Baldwin has officially played a full season's worth of games (+1 even) let's look at the stats.

17 Games Played
34 Catches
447 Yards
1 TD
23 1st downs.

That isn't screaming Randy Moss to me. And Rage since I'm sure you'll chime in, I know some of it is QB play. All I'm saying is calling Baldwin a sure number 1 in defense of getting rid of Bowe, or comparing him to Randy Moss seems a little...premature...just like the contract Pioli gave Cassel, and the sensation he had when trading for him.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
Rumless

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

I think AR was attempting to make a joke that hit the upright and bounced back.
BillSabre

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question guys..... Did Brady Quinn get McCluster more involved in the offense or was it more to do with Dexter regaining his health a little bit?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
Quick question guys..... Did Brady Quinn get McCluster more involved in the offense or was it more to do with Dexter regaining his health a little bit?

He had 6 catches, which is a high for him pretty much. We simply haven't been throwing enough overall to say anyone is really getting more involved. Our game plan with Quinn seemingly was not to test the weakest secondary in the NFL. It's hard to say how we will evolve going forward with Quinn at the helm.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

I'll just say KC_Guy was critical of Pioli long before it was cool. You may disagree with his assessment of Bowe, but no way is he going along with Pioli.

I see it as if you're ok with getting rid of Bowe for less than 1st round compensation, then you are going along with Pioli. It never should've gotten this far and can still easily be salvaged...it's up to the GM. Bowe won't have any issues with a 6 year V.Jackson type contract and new QB.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:

LOL

Shirley you didn't just do that to me, did you?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Quote:
Not hard to throw the ball in the area of Baldwin guy has Randy Moss type special play ability. Yes I said that.

Look I get being optimistic about Baldwin...I really do. But Mike Williams and Charles Rodgers had a ton of ability too.

Now that Baldwin has officially played a full season's worth of games (+1 even) let's look at the stats.

17 Games Played
34 Catches
447 Yards
1 TD
23 1st downs.

That isn't screaming Randy Moss to me. And Rage since I'm sure you'll chime in, I know some of it is QB play. All I'm saying is calling Baldwin a sure number 1 in defense of getting rid of Bowe, or comparing him to Randy Moss seems a little...premature...just like the contract Pioli gave Cassel, and the sensation he had when trading for him.

I'm not chiming in, he don't have Moss big play ability. What I would currently project with Manning (if he replaced Thomas) is fewer yards/catches, but more TD's. Maybe 1200 yards 12-15 TD's. Could be more, could be less, that's just my guestimate. Even if he accomplished that, I wouldn't see him as a top 10 WR even though they are likely top 5 numbers....keep in mind that's with Manning. As the #2 behind Bowe if we had a competent QB...750-1,000 8-10 TD's depending on how good the QB is and how much Breaston was used.

Thomas is currently on pace for 85/1450 and 8 TD's. He's gonna have top 5 numbers as long as Peyton is there...but is he?

big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: should have singed a FA QB Reply with quote

shanekc88 wrote:
Not hard to throw the ball in the area of Baldwin guy has Randy Moss type special play ability. Yes I said that. Chiefs nation stand up

Good hell. Was that just said? This is why KC catches flak from opposing fans. To many fans make ignorant statement ala this one and put a target on their collective backs right or wrong.

Baldwin can't separate from defenders in any fashion the way one Randy Moss and the conversation end there. Randy Moss ability. I pity you.... you need to stand up and walk directly into reality. Even Calvin Johnson hasn't compared to Randy Moss when he was on top his game and he's widely considered the best in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: should have singed a FA QB Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
shanekc88 wrote:
Not hard to throw the ball in the area of Baldwin guy has Randy Moss type special play ability. Yes I said that. Chiefs nation stand up

Good hell. Was that just said? This is why KC catches flak from opposing fans. To many fans make ignorant statement ala this one and put a target on their collective backs right or wrong.

Baldwin can't separate from defenders in any fashion the way one Randy Moss and the conversation end there. Randy Moss ability. I pity you.... you need to stand up and walk directly into reality. Even Calvin Johnson hasn't compared to Randy Moss when he was on top his game and he's widely considered the best in the NFL.

I do agree that Baldwin and Randy Moss shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

On another note, yes, we do have some homers in here that over value some of our players, but if you stayed more in your Raiders forum, you would find that there are those types of fans everywhere.

I do respect your football knowledge, but, point is, you get frustrated with things that people say in here and people get pretty frustrated at your sarcastic comments. So, let's just part ways. Stay in Raider land and enjoy the game on Sunday!

Thanks to LOTO for the sig
Chiefs_5627

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: should have singed a FA QB Reply with quote

kcstomp63 wrote:

I do agree that Baldwin and Randy Moss shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

On another note, yes, we do have some homers in here that over value some of our players, but if you stayed more in your Raiders forum, you would find that there are those types of fans everywhere.

I do respect your football knowledge, but, point is, you get frustrated with things that people say in here and people get pretty frustrated at your sarcastic comments. So, let's just part ways. Stay in Raider land and enjoy the game on Sunday!

Applause

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf5WYigZHME
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Good hell. Was that just said?

Yes, yes it was. And I'm not gonna fault you for calling it out, as I did the same, though with a little more tact I guess is the word.

Ability means zero unless it comes to fruition. And if we're ranking ability, I still don't think Baldwin matches up to Moss. Different players, Baldwin is more a Andre Johnson, and I think even there he isn't up to par. Perhaps if I worded it like this. I see Baldwin's ceiling as being Bowe, and his basement being somewhere around Mike Williams (not the one from Tampa).

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
dmac505

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: should have singed a FA QB Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
shanekc88 wrote:

haha we do the same in our thread too.
who was it streater or criner who was compared to rice in preseason.

every team has players that get fans more excited than they should

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: